Old 10-16-2010, 09:41 PM   #61
PH|LLA
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 5685
Default Re: Pacquiao vs marquez ii highlights

Quote:
Originally Posted by GmoNavarro View Post
I have the exact same card as you except for round 7, I think its a clear jmm round, before the cut jmm was winning the round, after the cut manny put some pressure but he got countered in the proccess and after that until the end of the round marquez keep winning the round, pac tried to put pressure but he couldt do it effectively and got countered with right hands, I think this is the round you should rewatch and see and let me know what you think, dont watch it as a biased person, just watch that only seven round and let me know who you think really won that round...here is a link..

The sevent round starts at the 9:35 of this first video..

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

And it finish in this second video..

Please watch it as an unbiased fan, not because pac tried to put some pressure give him the round, evaluate effective agression and see how he got countered...
I watched it as unbiased as I could. It's a close round, but I think Pac's effective work from 1:10 (3 punch combo) to about :50 is what really won him the round. before the cut JMM landed some solid bodyshots, but alot of the other stuff hit Pac's guard. Most of JMM's counters hit Pac's guard imo. I still think it's a Pac round, but it's a close one.

There are other rounds that were close and I felt could go either way, but that I scored for JMM.

BTW if you look at the punchstats, JMM only outlands Pacquiao in 5 out of 12 rounds.
PH|LLA is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2010, 10:01 AM   #62
grimlocked
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
I thought that too, but I see a lot of times this happens in the ring (DLH Vargas) and unless the fighter is blatantly being held by the ropes (Toney vs RJJ, Dirrel Abraham) then I think he gets a pass for it because he's on his feet and leaning against the ropes, which isn't against the rules.
Here's a better angle of JMM holding on to the ropes at 3:04:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQrK-5CDplw&p=E6D834E97E7C73D2&playnext=1&index=12[/ame]

JMM didn't seem to be leaning on the ropes. Instead, his side was on the ropes and his feet were clearly off-balance for a moment. He definitely remedied his balance by hanging on to the ropes using his hands. He was also very disoriented that he walk to the wrong corner.

I see your point and I understand that JMM hanging on to the ropes doesn't seem a big of a deal. However, for other people who scrutinize the results and saying that Pac got a pass, the rule says that hanging on to the ropes is a knockdown, so those people need to include this fact in their scrutiny.

Personally, it's a very close fight and I have no problem either one winning it, or a draw.
grimlocked is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2010, 10:38 AM   #63
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP

vCash: 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimlocked View Post
Here's a better angle of JMM holding on to the ropes at 3:04:

JMM didn't seem to be leaning on the ropes. Instead, his side was on the ropes and his feet were clearly off-balance for a moment. He definitely remedied his balance by hanging on to the ropes using his hands. He was also very disoriented that he walk to the wrong corner.

I see your point and I understand that JMM hanging on to the ropes doesn't seem a big of a deal. However, for other people who scrutinize the results and saying that Pac got a pass, the rule says that hanging on to the ropes is a knockdown, so those people need to include this fact in their scrutiny.

Personally, it's a very close fight and I have no problem either one winning it, or a draw.
He was off balance, but I've seen worse go uncalled. You could say the same thing about taking a point away in the first one for hitting JMM when he was clearly down, but such things are trivial in my opinion.
Bogotazo is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum