Old 10-13-2010, 05:43 PM   #91
JonOli
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Wlad-Chisora official!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverchair View Post
We are talking about a guy who doesn't fight very often, is a blown up cruiserweight, has no chin and isn't even proven at heavyweight.
You've got Haye down to a tee there, fair play.
JonOli is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2010, 05:43 PM   #92
Neverchair
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonOli View Post
Don't diss Del boy for taking this fight, rubbish this fight, which is clearly what you are ultimately trying to do.

Haye's behaviour over the past couple of years is now widely seen as a total joke, his credibility all but more or less evaporated.
Im not dissing Del Boy. On the contrary, Im right behind him!

For him this is a great fight and I want to see him win.

But it's easy to rubbish this fight. Del's only had 14 fights which leaves him inexperienced compared to Klitschko and I dont think many many people would argue that he has never fought anyone close to Wlad's level. He's also a lot smaller and has never looked in great shape. Also, on the world rankings, he doesn't even register on the radar.

I'd love to see Del Boy win, but this is a mismatch Klitschko shouldn't even be bothering with.
Neverchair is offline  Top
Old 10-13-2010, 05:48 PM   #93
ero-sennin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
The difference is, Wlad doesn't need a huge payday. Haye does, because he may well get beaten by Wlad in the next year or so.

And if Wlad beats Haye, he wont even get a great deal of credit for it. We are talking about a guy who doesn't fight very often, is a blown up cruiserweight, has no chin and isn't even proven at heavyweight.

Is this worth waiting around for? No.

You guessed it, Im not a Wlad fan but how could I comment on him if I didn't even watch him fight?
The fact Im still prepared to tune in to watch a fighter I dont even care for just goes to show my love for boxing.
The fact that Wlad doesn't need the payday makes it even better. He's already known as the best heavyweight in the world, he's got money, but he's still willing to hang around because he's still around his peak and knows he can still give us some fights. Isn't this something to be celebrated? Don't criticize the man for not doing a Mayweather.

The bolded bit surprised me because you are a Haye fan and I thought you would love for that fight to come off rather than wish for Wlad to retire. I can't understand it man, being a Haye fan, surely you wanna see Wlad face your boy.

I disagree though, I think Haye will add something to Wlad's legacy. He isn't proven as a great heavyweight, but he's proven he belongs here, he's proven he is one of the better heavyweights in the world today. Wlad may also wanna hang around to shut him up, to prove something to Haye. Maybe his pride has been hurt by Haye and he wants to show him who's boss.

More than that though, both fighters are close to their peaks, both fighters are two of the better heavyweights in the world, both of them can punch, neither of them have the best chins, the fans are gagging for this fight, both will make a ton of money, it's a no brainer. This fight makes sense for both fighters. Haye is obviously not ready yet and wants to make some extra paydays first off his title, but I think he'll step up eventually, and Wlad will be there waiting.
ero-sennin is offline  Top
Old 10-13-2010, 06:02 PM   #94
Neverchair
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ero-sennin View Post
The fact that Wlad doesn't need the payday makes it even better. He's already known as the best heavyweight in the world, he's got money, but he's still willing to hang around because he's still around his peak and knows he can still give us some fights. Isn't this something to be celebrated? Don't criticize the man for not doing a Mayweather.

The bolded bit surprised me because you are a Haye fan and I thought you would love for that fight to come off rather than wish for Wlad to retire. I can't understand it man, being a Haye fan, surely you wanna see Wlad face your boy.

I disagree though, I think Haye will add something to Wlad's legacy. He isn't proven as a great heavyweight, but he's proven he belongs here, he's proven he is one of the better heavyweights in the world today. Wlad may also wanna hang around to shut him up, to prove something to Haye. Maybe his pride has been hurt by Haye and he wants to show him who's boss.

More than that though, both fighters are close to their peaks, both fighters are two of the better heavyweights in the world, both of them can punch, neither of them have the best chins, the fans are gagging for this fight, both will make a ton of money, it's a no brainer. This fight makes sense for both fighters. Haye is obviously not ready yet and wants to make some extra paydays first off his title, but I think he'll step up eventually, and Wlad will be there waiting.
From Wlads point of view, A mismatch against what is currently a (comparitively) inexperienced British domestic level fighter is nothing to be celebrated.

I am a Haye fan and would love to see him take on Wlad.
But if I were Wlad i'd retire on top, safe in the knowledge that Haye didn't appear to want any part of him, rather than taking a string of shitty, meaningless fights.
Neverchair is offline  Top
Old 10-13-2010, 06:31 PM   #95
gemmell100
FREE K KOKE
ESB Senior Member

gwarrrrrrrn del boy, i see him giving wlad alot of problems on the inside but think klit will stop chisora late.
gemmell100 is offline  Top
Old 10-13-2010, 06:33 PM   #96
JonOli
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemmell100 View Post
gwarrrrrrrn del boy, i see him giving wlad alot of problems on the inside but think klit will stop chisora late.

He says he's going to be kissing Wlad on the chest.
JonOli is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2010, 10:40 AM   #97
fatcity
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2203

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logic View Post
haye is wlads hardest fight ever but no doubt if he wins haye will just get classed as another bum/hypejob
Are you being serious or are you taking the shit?
fatcity is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2010, 10:55 AM   #98
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

I'd love to believe it but how is Derek going to trouble him on the inside?

Everyone knows the Klitschko tactic by now. Soon as opponent gets near me = grab hold and lean down...tire and frustrate him.

Thing is in Germany you are never ever going to get a ref to challenge that tactic.

Then you're back to the outside, getting picked off by the jab.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2010, 11:52 AM   #99
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Del Boy has little chance of getting past the jab. His Frazier-esque bob that he implemented against ***ton doesn't allow him to move forward, though it might stop Wlad being assertive with the jab as consistently as he usually does.

Del Boy has no chance of winning IMO. I don't think he'll be able to sustain his attack enough to hurt Wlad web if he does labs on him. Chisora is not a massive puncher IMO.

But he's got guts and heart, he certainly won't 'Do a Lockett'. But he's outgunned here, against an experienced operator who knows how to use his natural attributes. He is not the same man that fought Sanders and gassed out against Brewster (and Purrity) and he will maul, jab and nullify Chisora and stop him in about six rounds of a bore fest IMO.

The usual Wlad fight then, because, even though rooting for Del Boy as much as I was for Booth against Molitor and Hatton against Floyd (and this fight is even less of a fight than Ricky Vs Money May) he's not well-prepared, hasn't faced anywhere near the level he's about to face (I.e the best Heavyweight in the World) and hasn't showed enough in his array of skills and arsenal for me to think he can even pull off a shock.

But he's got balls, he's got the crazy stare, and he might well try and smog Wlad at the weigh-in If he does anything like that, the second round is when Wlad usually throws a proper right hand, and that's when Chisora will fold IMO.

Good chin or not, he's simply never been hit with anything near what he will get hit with in December. He should have everyones support, I support Chisora wholeheartedly.

If it was Vitali I'd give Chisora a VERY good chance. But Wlad will take this with ease.

Hopefully Derek will use it as a learning curve to leap frog most fringe contenders and get some good meaningful fights in which to hone his skills. I hope he doesn't fight it hard to get up for fights after this, the pinnacle of (an admittedly sparse) division.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2010, 12:02 PM   #100
ApatheticLeader
is bringing ***y back.
East Side Guru

vCash: 187

Quote:
Lol. Yes he might.

Wladimir Klitschko - Conqueror of the Fairly Decent!
ApatheticLeader is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2010, 12:25 PM   #101
Godfather
I put the G in God
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post
Del Boy has little chance of getting past the jab. His Frazier-esque bob that he implemented against ***ton doesn't allow him to move forward, though it might stop Wlad being assertive with the jab as consistently as he usually does.

Del Boy has no chance of winning IMO. I don't think he'll be able to sustain his attack enough to hurt Wlad web if he does labs on him. Chisora is not a massive puncher IMO.

But he's got guts and heart, he certainly won't 'Do a Lockett'. But he's outgunned here, against an experienced operator who knows how to use his natural attributes. He is not the same man that fought Sanders and gassed out against Brewster (and Purrity) and he will maul, jab and nullify Chisora and stop him in about six rounds of a bore fest IMO.

The usual Wlad fight then, because, even though rooting for Del Boy as much as I was for Booth against Molitor and Hatton against Floyd (and this fight is even less of a fight than Ricky Vs Money May) he's not well-prepared, hasn't faced anywhere near the level he's about to face (I.e the best Heavyweight in the World) and hasn't showed enough in his array of skills and arsenal for me to think he can even pull off a shock.

But he's got balls, he's got the crazy stare, and he might well try and smog Wlad at the weigh-in If he does anything like that, the second round is when Wlad usually throws a proper right hand, and that's when Chisora will fold IMO.

Good chin or not, he's simply never been hit with anything near what he will get hit with in December. He should have everyones support, I support Chisora wholeheartedly.

If it was Vitali I'd give Chisora a VERY good chance. But Wlad will take this with ease.

Hopefully Derek will use it as a learning curve to leap frog most fringe contenders and get some good meaningful fights in which to hone his skills. I hope he doesn't fight it hard to get up for fights after this, the pinnacle of (an admittedly sparse) division.
Agree with everything, except I think he would take a similar beating against Vitali.

Chisora vs either Klit ends with Chisora getting stopped before the 7th IMO.

But as you say, I'll be rooting him on. Its a very ballsy move and I applaud him for it.
Godfather is offline  Top
Old 10-18-2010, 01:41 PM   #102
antcull
Champion
East Side Guru

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
antcull is offline  Top
Old 10-18-2010, 04:14 PM   #103
toffeejack
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I wonder if Chisora will be kissing Wlad at the weigh in?
toffeejack is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum