Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 10-16-2010, 10:04 PM   #16
hagman1989
the boxing site , try it
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: Jeff Mayweather.................

to be fair roger and floyd sr are both very very knowledgeable aswell but there difficult to understand at times (well all the time) and they have terrible egos , but all the same there still very very well schooled on this game
hagman1989 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2010, 10:14 PM   #17
slip&counter
Gimme some X's and O's
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagman1989 View Post
to be fair roger and floyd sr are both very very knowledgeable aswell but there difficult to understand at times (well all the time) and they have terrible egos , but all the same there still very very well schooled on this game
Oh, don't get me wrong all the Mayweathers know their boxing, especially Floyd snr. and Roger, but as you say they're very egotistical and strong personalities. Jeff carries himself much better although he's probabily not as knowledgable as his brothers.
slip&counter is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2010, 11:58 PM   #18
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

Agree with him on most things, especially Cotto.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2010, 04:39 AM   #19
Pelencho
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1004

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishy View Post
First I have heard of this Brandon Gonzalez. He any good?
brandon is really good. definitely see him being a champ soon. he is also highly articulate. i assumed he went to college and asked him where and he said he just sounded smart because he used to listen to all the business people when he was a cashier at starbucks. he has a fight at the end of this month.

his sparring sessions are great. he works really, really hard. i will be doing another interview with him this week if you want to keep an eye out for it
Pelencho is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2010, 04:40 AM   #20
Pelencho
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1004

also wanted to say the writer was right about jeff. i love just talking with him. he came over to a cookout we had a couple months ago and i just listened to him for hours talking about everything from caballero to floyd to ali to his own fighting career. great, great guy
Pelencho is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2010, 05:13 AM   #21
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazOC View Post
I'm probably going to get stick for this but I think he's right about Cotto and the Meldrick Taylor analogy isn't too far off the mark.
I'm not sure Cotto can't pull the trigger, but his technical slide after losing to Margarito was shocking. He was a lot more composed against Foreman, even though he was moving so much. And plenty of people were picking Yuri to win, let's not forget! Foreman was only one-legged after the mid-way point - before then he was doing an ok job, but Cotto was just better. His leg gave way because Cotto was pressuring him.

It's obvious he's not the same as pre-Margarito, but I think it's too hasty to make a judgement, especially so early into his relationship with Steward. Steward seemed to have him working the jab and keeping focused.

I do however think Jeff Mayweather's right. He's clearly on the slide and, while he'll compete with good fighters and probably win, he's going to struggle with the best at 154 quite badly.
dftaylor is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum