Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 10-18-2010, 01:43 PM   #16
Miketyson2007
Journeyman

vCash: 500
Default Re: sam webb

I was there too,Frank did tell Webb not to celebrate I think for two reasons 1 Concepcion was needing medical attention and 2 thee were alot of Leicester boys in the crowd some worse for wear so I think Frank was not wanting to inflame the situation.
I thought Webb put on a master boxing display and won every round up to the KO.
Cant see how people thought it was boring to be honest.
The lad on the bill from Bristol making his debut who`s name escapes me looks a very tasty prospect.
As for David Price the jury is definately out on him,a bit robotic to me though if he keeps on winning would be good to see him and Fury get it on.
Miketyson2007 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2010, 03:23 PM   #17
WestHamForever

vCash: 1000

Great display from Sam. Like someone said textbook display. I've known Sam for years (Both from Chislehurst) and I must admit I doubted whether he was the best in Britain in his weight class. After Saturday I am beginning to believe. Keep it up Webby!
WestHamForever is offline  Top
Old 10-18-2010, 06:19 PM   #18
alexvoce

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miketyson2007 View Post
I was there too,Frank did tell Webb not to celebrate I think for two reasons 1 Concepcion was needing medical attention and 2 thee were alot of Leicester boys in the crowd some worse for wear so I think Frank was not wanting to inflame the situation.
I thought Webb put on a master boxing display and won every round up to the KO.
Cant see how people thought it was boring to be honest.
The lad on the bill from Bristol making his debut who`s name escapes me looks a very tasty prospect.
As for David Price the jury is definately out on him,a bit robotic to me though if he keeps on winning would be good to see him and Fury get it on.
us leicester boys were harmless but there were a few dickhead webb fans after who were quite all fight then started goading me and my mates after he knocked him out we jsut thought they were pathetic and left.
Old 10-18-2010, 06:45 PM   #19
One Round
Hertfordshire's Finest
ESB Senior Member

I was actually just about to start a thread asking if he's potentially world class. That's how highly I regarded his performance. Although it was fairly one sided, I was captivated. He does alot of interesting stuff; inventive little feints, punches from tricky angles and good footwork and head movement. I think he'd give most fighters problems tbh. The only thing is he might not have the power to keep guys off him and make them respect him at world level. I'm looking forward to see what he does next and hopefully he'll step up.
One Round is offline  Top
Old 10-18-2010, 07:12 PM   #20
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Round View Post
I was actually just about to start a thread asking if he's potentially world class. That's how highly I regarded his performance. Although it was fairly one sided, I was captivated. He does alot of interesting stuff; inventive little feints, punches from tricky angles and good footwork and head movement. I think he'd give most fighters problems tbh. The only thing is he might not have the power to keep guys off him and make them respect him at world level. I'm looking forward to see what he does next and hopefully he'll step up.
I've seen the best and worst of Sam Webb, i was there the night he was dropped and i was there saturday and was clapping his classy skills, He lacks belief but i think Saturday may be the making of him. He was getting better and better as fight wore on. He could of closed the show earlier but he played the game right, no need to take any silly risks.

Impressive but at this point i'd let him have couple more domestic bouts before the likes of Konecny who i think he can beat but needs a bit more belief and experience.
Mandanda is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2010, 01:51 AM   #21
Miketyson2007
Journeyman

Smile Re: sam webb

Cant dispute the excellent support the Leicester boys gave their man but a few were pissed up and threatening one spent the entire fight calling webb a faggot and a coward I think that bloke should look in the mirror rather than aim his pathetic jibes at the boxer.
BUT by and large the Concepcion support was top class,
Miketyson2007 is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2010, 04:40 AM   #22
Harry Chibber
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

My opinion of him grew when I heard he used to have a ponytail in the ams .... any guy that can pull that off in an (at times) brutal sport deserves credit.

seriously though that was a punch perfect performance, he looked solid throughout and managed to make a very decent Conception look very average.

I hope he stays clear of Arron to be honest... it would be a horrendous fight and both are very good prospects
Harry Chibber is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2010, 05:42 AM   #23
bobalachko
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Didnt rate Sam Webb at all before the fight but was really impressed I say give him crack at R.R
bobalachko is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2010, 05:45 AM   #24
boxingcrazy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

i thought sam webb boxed the fight perfectly but we have to remember that concepcion is a very limited fighter who can punch. i'd like to see webb moved up in class next time to see how far he has came on and maybe how far he can go
boxingcrazy is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum