Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 10-18-2010, 07:27 PM   #46
Strongback
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Rooney must look at himself, insists Khan

Quote:
Also... Yes! Scholsey! Definitely! The perfect professional! But also the best United player since Georgie Best, as far as I'm concerned!

Great player Scholes but Cantana almost single handledly with the help of Schmicheal changed United fortunes. How many years was it without a league before Cantana came along. Cantona was shite in Europe but in the Premier league he was a God.
Strongback is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2010, 07:42 PM   #47
Triplesod
Drunk& pissed up on booze
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongback View Post
Great player Scholes but Cantana almost single handledly with the help of Schmicheal changed United fortunes. How many years was it without a league before Cantana came along. Cantona was shite in Europe but in the Premier league he was a God.
Yeah, certainly, I wouldn't argue with that but for me, Scholes is it! He is, for me, almost the perfect footballer.

Of course Bestie (my fav of all time), Cantona, Diego (not Forlan) and so on are much more exciting but I just really respect everything about Paul Scholes.
Triplesod is offline  Top
Old 10-18-2010, 07:44 PM   #48
Triplesod
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazOC View Post
My mate on the Uniteds books at the same time as Giggs and Sharp. Apparently Dani Behrs opening line to Giggs was "I give the best blowjob in Manchester"...
Haha! I wouldn't doubt it for a second! By that I mean that I would'nt doubt that was her chat up line, or that she actually did give the best BJ's in Manchester!! Oh well, it does me no harm to believe/dream.

Oh God! Thanks for that Jon! Every few years I think I've managed to escape Hoddle and Waddle's singing "talents" and then, out of nowhere, some ****er attacks me with it!!

Seriously though, Gazza was never a teen idol, like Giggsy, he was a Lads icon and Keegan, well, yeah but to massively different degrees. He never got a girl into football but Giggsy (with the help of Mark Hughes, Lee Sharpe and to an extent McClair) really did! Young girls were suddenly trotting down Matt Busby Way (or Warwick Road, as it was then). on their way to the match.
Old 10-18-2010, 07:59 PM   #49
JonOli
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triplesod View Post
Haha! I wouldn't doubt it for a second! By that I mean that I would'nt doubt that was her chat up line, or that she actually did give the best BJ's in Manchester!! Oh well, it does me no harm to believe/dream.

Oh God! Thanks for that Jon! Every few years I think I've managed to escape Hoddle and Waddle's singing "talents" and then, out of nowhere, some ****er attacks me with it!!

Seriously though, Gazza was never a teen idol, like Giggsy, he was a Lads icon and Keegan, well, yeah but to massively different degrees. He never got a girl into football but Giggsy (with the help of Mark Hughes, Lee Sharpe and to an extent McClair) really did! Young girls were suddenly trotting down Matt Busby Way (or Warwick Road, as it was then). on their way to the match.
I agree about Gazza not being a pin up, though before my time, I think Keegan was in that sort of department and probably the next in line from Best as far as that sort of thing goes, marketing and all.

I'd say:

Best - Keegan - Beckham

As far as British players go in the big time marketing/pin ups department, imho.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
JonOli is offline  Top
Old 10-18-2010, 08:05 PM   #50
JonOli
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triplesod View Post
Sorry about that.
JonOli is offline  Top
Old 10-18-2010, 08:06 PM   #51
Triplesod
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonOli View Post
I agree about Gazza not being a pin up, though before my time, I think Keegan was in that sort of department and probably the next in line from Best as far as that sort of thing goes, marketing and all.

I'd say:

Best - Keegan - Beckham

As far as British players go in the big time marketing/pin ups department, imho.
Best - Giggs - Becks.

Chronologically speaking.

Size of popularity Becks - Bestie - Giggs (Giggsies *** appeal was only relatively short lived. Now I think of it, the reason for his short lived *** appeal was likely due to the massive money suddenly put into the newly arribed Premier League, with Sky and so on, which suddenly introduced your typical, British "Dumpy Susan" to Mediterranean and South American types, not to mention your suave Frenchies, attracted to a supposed new beginning of a golden age of football and lots and lots of lucre!).

I just think Keegan was a totally different kettle of fish. Yeah, girls fancied him but he was still more of a middle aged womans fantasy and was better known for teaching kids to be safe on the roads and not talk to strangers, and that, a *** symbol don't make.

Of course we have David Ginola around that same time (as the start of the Becks appeal and the end of the Giggidy Giggidy Giggidy girls) but again, he wasn't attracting young girls with wet knickers to the games, he was appealing to the 20+'s

Anyway, I'm going to kip now mate, so g'night.. I better not ****ing dream of Kevin Keegan now, cause of you!!!

EDIT: Hang on! I just realised... I have been going on about *** symbols and I suddenly thought "actually... what was this thread bout?.. I forget..." I checked and then remembered we are talking about Wayne Rooney!!!

A Genius he may be (and I do believe he has shown glimpses of that.. think of his volley against Newcastle) but I cannot believe I have somehow gone on a tangent from Rooney to *** symbols!! <shudder>

Last edited by Triplesod; 10-18-2010 at 08:19 PM.
Old 10-18-2010, 08:11 PM   #52
JonOli
Champion
East Side Guru

Good night dude.
JonOli is offline  Top
Old 10-18-2010, 08:12 PM   #53
JonOli
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
My mate on the Uniteds books at the same time as Giggs and Sharp. Apparently Dani Behrs opening line to Giggs was "I give the best blowjob in Manchester"...
Used to have the hots for her big time as a youngster.
JonOli is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2010, 02:40 PM   #54
bdman
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxing4eva View Post
One of the biggest comebacks of the last 10 years?, I cannot believe he actually thinks beating Fagin,Barrera and then ****** doing the hardwork gifting him a Kotelnik fight amounts to "The one of the biggest comebacks of the last 10 years"

He needs to just learn to keep his mouth shut about all others matters outside of boxing. You especially don't criticise Wayne Rooney publicly, a guy who is practically a god in the UK to 90% of the fanbase Khan needs, many of which think Rooneys exploits are hilarious with the downside being that he got caught.
Rooney? practically a god to fans? no he isnt u daft **** - people think hes ugly shit and a ****in scally
bdman is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2010, 03:12 PM   #55
TheUzi
MISSION INCOMPLETE
ESB Addict

vCash: 315

Quote:

My Dad used the same line to snag my Mother.
TheUzi is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum