Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum


View Poll Results: Dempsey vs Never boxed crack head
Dempsey shits his pants and falls down because the crack head is black 8 50.00%
dempsey runs foward with his hands down and gets smashed with a right hand, ko at 13 second mark. 7 43.75%
dempsey loads his gloves and manages to last into the second round...but modern fighter still wins. 1 6.25%
dempsey is not allowed to fight because he was really too small to fight a 120 pound crack head. 0 0%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2010, 07:00 PM   #61
Johnstown
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Johnstown PA
Posts: 2,850
vCash: 500
Default Re: Jack Dempsey Vs. A black 120 pound Crack head who never boxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pachilles View Post
Whats this? Am i supposed to be impressed with anything in this clip?? On a friday night round town he looks to be formidable. Against the cream of the crop in a boxing ring, he looks ****ing horrific.

No gaurd, the widest punches ever thrown. A slow version of the dutty wine dance for head movement, in a sparring match no less..what is that supposed to prove?
he looks pretty good in all those clips...but ok
Johnstown is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2010, 08:10 PM   #62
Boxed Ears
ESB #1 Name Changer!
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pazinfowit, USA
Posts: 24,755
vCash: 26665
Default Re: Jack Dempsey Vs. A black 120 pound Crack head who never boxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnstown View Post
Good job catching that genius.
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 08:27 PM   #63
PetethePrince
Slick & Redheaded
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 14,396
vCash: 1200
Default Re: Jack Dempsey Vs. A black 120 pound Crack head who never boxed

This thread is racist.
PetethePrince is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 08:34 PM   #64
Bummy Davis
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: New York
Posts: 9,298
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Jack Dempsey Vs. A black 120 pound Crack head who never boxed

Tyson tried to copy Jack Dempsey and was probably the closest thing to Dempsey...but Dempsey proved he could get off the floor to win Tyson did not...Dempsey was the Heavyweight man of Steel before Zale
Bummy Davis is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 08:46 PM   #65
Foreman Hook
☆☆☆ G$ora ☆☆☆
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Thugz Mansion
Posts: 4,123
vCash: 600
Default Re: Jack Dempsey Vs. A black 120 pound Crack head who never boxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummy Davis View Post
Tyson tried to copy Jack Dempsey and was probably the closest thing to Dempsey...but Dempsey proved he could get off the floor to win Tyson did not...Dempsey was the Heavyweight man of Steel before Zale

TRUE, BUT do you really favor this skrawny man -
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

VS this 'Roided-Animal??
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Foreman Hook is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 06:33 AM   #66
Cael
Claudia Cardinale
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ballz Deep
Posts: 1,694
vCash: 811
Default Re: Jack Dempsey Vs. A black 120 pound Crack head who never boxed

^^He wasn't scrawny ya' hater, he was quite muscular.
not sure about that, but Dempsey on 'roids would make Tyson look like a school girl.

Also i'll take the vintage 190lbs Dempsey over that obese, slow-ass, hamburger muncher in your av. any day.
Cael is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 06:53 AM   #67
Pachilles
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 3,155
vCash: 75
Default Re: Jack Dempsey Vs. A black 120 pound Crack head who never boxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummy Davis View Post
Tyson tried to copy Jack Dempsey and was probably the closest thing to Dempsey...but Dempsey proved he could get off the floor to win Tyson did not...Dempsey was the Heavyweight man of Steel before Zale
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cael View Post
^^He wasn't scrawny ya' hater, he was quite muscular.
not sure about that, but Dempsey on 'roids would make Tyson look like a school girl.

Also i'll take the vintage 190lbs Dempsey over that obese, slow-ass, hamburger muncher in your av. any day.
****...me...solid.

Talk about taking things completely out of context. He admired his aggression, and wanted to fight in an aggressive style, watching Dempsey inspired this. But in no way, shape or form did he try to emulate his crude style, poor, dated technique. Tyson was far superior skillwise and also physically
Pachilles is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 08:59 AM   #68
Bummy Davis
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: New York
Posts: 9,298
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Jack Dempsey Vs. A black 120 pound Crack head who never boxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pachilles View Post
****...me...solid.

Talk about taking things completely out of context. He admired his aggression, and wanted to fight in an aggressive style, watching Dempsey inspired this. But in no way, shape or form did he try to emulate his crude style, poor, dated technique. Tyson was far superior skillwise and also physically


Dempsey had the bigger balls and Tyson fought a lot of unskilled guys..I think when it comes down to intangibles...Dempsey was the meaner of the 2
Bummy Davis is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 09:23 AM   #69
Unforgiven
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 12,575
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Jack Dempsey Vs. A black 120 pound Crack head who never boxed

Dempsey would destroy Tyson.
Unforgiven is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 09:45 AM   #70
TommyV
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: South-East/Greater London.
Posts: 16,250
vCash: 1987
Default Re: Jack Dempsey Vs. A black 120 pound Crack head who never boxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Am I the only one who cracks up every time Lubin posts one of his videos? They are all the same and never accurately depict anything, and yet he still finds the motivation to create lots and lots of them. ****ing brilliant.

As for the thread, what's your damage, Johnstown? Don't be a cunt.
No, you are not. They're top draw and the best form of analysis I've ever seen.
TommyV is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 09:48 AM   #71
TommyV
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: South-East/Greater London.
Posts: 16,250
vCash: 1987
Default Re: Jack Dempsey Vs. A black 120 pound Crack head who never boxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pachilles View Post
Whats this? Am i supposed to be impressed with anything in this clip?? On a friday night round town he looks to be formidable. Against the cream of the crop in a boxing ring, he looks ****ing horrific.

No gaurd, the widest punches ever thrown. A slow version of the dutty wine dance for head movement, in a sparring match no less..what is that supposed to prove?
His guard is low because in those days, guys would typically protect the body a lot more and rely more on slipping punches to the head. Which Dempsey did brilliantly. We're talking 80 odd years ago and his bobbing and weaving is still pro.
TommyV is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 10:16 AM   #72
Unforgiven
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 12,575
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Jack Dempsey Vs. A black 120 pound Crack head who never boxed

Dempsey's technique was superb. So many subtle skills and feints, and he was fast, agile and powerful.

Too many people here think they are experts but they expose themselves as fools.

CLUE : If Dempsey looks like a wild primitive bar room brawler to you, maybe it's because you're an ignorant simpleton with only a rudimentary grasp of boxing.

I laugh at some of these guys who think an obvious peek-a-boo "high guard" is some hallmark of superior technique.
Philistines.
Unforgiven is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 10:23 AM   #73
Jorodz
watching Gatti Ward 1...
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Canada, eh? Roy Jones, Jack Daniels and Grandma's Boy
Posts: 10,821
vCash: 1139
Default Re: Jack Dempsey Vs. A black 120 pound Crack head who never boxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgiven View Post
Dempsey's technique was superb. So many subtle skills and feints, and he was fast, agile and powerful.

Too many people here think they are experts but they expose themselves as fools.

CLUE : If Dempsey looks like a wild primitive bar room brawler to you, maybe it's because you're an ignorant simpleton with only a rudimentary grasp of boxing.

I laugh at some of these guys who think an obvious peek-a-boo "high guard" is some hallmark of superior technique.
Philistines.
i see your point (a tad harsh!) but measuring technique is a very tough thing and is not a science. there are very few fighters that have nearly flawless technique in an objective sense (finito lopez, srr, harold johnson) and for the rest, there are flaws of varying degrees. for fighters of dempseys era, whose styles were SO different from the modern era it's hard to distinguish what is a result of the era they fought and what is poor technique
Jorodz is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 10:46 AM   #74
Bokaj
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 7,181
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Jack Dempsey Vs. A black 120 pound Crack head who never boxed

Dempsey with a "modern" peek-a-boo guard could never have done the damage he did to Tunney's hands. Gene wouldn't possibly have lasted 15 with the battering Dempsey put on his fists, it was his great luck that both fights were only 10 rds. But his hands would not have lasted even that long against a prime Dempsey's face. Hell, it busted Carpentier's thumb already in the first or second round.
Bokaj is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 11:23 AM   #75
Unforgiven
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 12,575
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Jack Dempsey Vs. A black 120 pound Crack head who never boxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorodz View Post
i see your point (a tad harsh!) but measuring technique is a very tough thing and is not a science. there are very few fighters that have nearly flawless technique in an objective sense (finito lopez, srr, harold johnson) and for the rest, there are flaws of varying degrees. for fighters of dempseys era, whose styles were SO different from the modern era it's hard to distinguish what is a result of the era they fought and what is poor technique
I don't even seen much difference in styles.

Every fighter has a unique style. Generally though there's the same variety of styles.

Dempsey is a bit like Nigel Benn or something.

And I don't even know what's with the "modern fighters have high guard" stuff anyway. Some do. Some don't. Some switch from high to low, as good pros are supposed to.
Vitali Klitschko probably has the lowest hands I've ever seen, even when his opponent has proven capable of landing on his head. David Haye has low left most of the time. James Toney and Floyd Mayweather are known to use the left shoulder as a guard, as many of the old-timers preffered.
Etc. etc.
Unforgiven is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013