Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 10-26-2010, 03:11 PM   #1
BlaccRoccy
Journeyman

vCash: 500
Question =(Staying game after a Hard Body Punch,PLEASE HELP

Lets say your sparring and your doing extremly well your landing jabs combinations and dodgen alotta punches(basically if it was a match instead of sparring you would be dominating by points)aneways so everythings goin good the 1st 2 rounds and then the third round you get a hard body blow and get dropped you get back up after but my question to everybody IS (How do you stay focused and keep your head in da game after a crushing bodyblow like dat the type datz so hard it makes some people quit boxing? Any advice is GREATLY APPRIECITED THANX
BlaccRoccy is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2010, 03:16 PM   #2
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: =(Staying game after a Hard Body Punch,PLEASE HELP

presence of mind allowing to still judge danger while hurt and the ability to mask the pain.

why would you quit. i don't see the logic unless you think you are superman and found out you are human.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 10-26-2010, 03:27 PM   #3
Boxinglad123
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Work your core ALOT, keep your defence tighht and fight through the pain
Boxinglad123 is offline  Top
Old 10-26-2010, 03:41 PM   #4
paloalto00
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 347

That's not something you can learn or build up, you either have the will to stay up and fight on or you don't.
paloalto00 is offline  Top
Old 10-26-2010, 05:05 PM   #5
RightHooker
Contender
ESB Senior Member

If you got up from it and were able to keep going, that means it wasn't THAT bad of a body shot, and you can expect to get hit with worse at some point.
RightHooker is offline  Top
Old 10-26-2010, 06:43 PM   #6
KillSomething
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 202

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightHooker View Post
If you got up from it and were able to keep going, that means it wasn't THAT bad of a body shot, and you can expect to get hit with worse at some point.
Word.
KillSomething is offline  Top
Old 10-26-2010, 08:18 PM   #7
bald_head_slick
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaccRoccy View Post
Lets say your sparring and your doing extremly well your landing jabs combinations and dodgen alotta punches(basically if it was a match instead of sparring you would be dominating by points)aneways so everythings goin good the 1st 2 rounds and then the third round you get a hard body blow and get dropped you get back up after but my question to everybody IS (How do you stay focused and keep your head in da game after a crushing bodyblow like dat the type datz so hard it makes some people quit boxing? Any advice is GREATLY APPRIECITED THANX
Sounds like you are a pure boxer. Especially if the shot landed and you can understand why the shot landed... Invite the same shot. This time though, because you know it is coming, counter VICIOUSLY. IMHO as a Pure Boxer you should make a point to seriously make a guy pay for shots that catch you, you are vulnerable against, or are his bread and butter.

If he has a great lead hook? Invite it and light him up for it. Comes in low? Tiger upper cut his ass. Likes to square up and dig to the body? Take a false step back and drive a harpoon straight right at his chin/neck/collarbone.

Every time that mofo thinks about his best punch make him think about your counter.
bald_head_slick is offline  Top
Old 10-26-2010, 09:46 PM   #8
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:

Though I highley doubt the domination part of what your saying simply becuase in sparring your both supposed to work together, meaning he is going light on you so if your "upping your game" you cant really call that domination maybe he is allowing you to so he can work on something to add to his arsenal.

Anyhow....

I agree with part of what the first person said, that is where the mental part of this game comes up, Bring out that poker face when you get up... This will make him think you may have recovered a bit from that shot rather than allowing him to think he has got you where he wants you...

once you get up, get back to quick boxing, meaning get on them feet and get your jab going do not for one second allow him to think your fazed at all by that shot, (even if your hurt than a mother ****er dont let him know that) any little clue you give him means bad things for you....

if you know how to relax catch your breathe and get the **** out of the way and know how to get the **** out of the way when your hurt.... you will be okay... if your stupid enough to try and pay him back my hats off to ya, you have balls kid, but they will be the death of ya~
Bazooka is offline  Top
Old 10-27-2010, 04:37 AM   #9
Tora
Estonian Cab Driver
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 100

Quote:
train to take pain with the medicine ball and advance with a kali stick, its mental conditioning more than physical
Tora is offline  Top
Old 10-27-2010, 12:01 PM   #10
Dish
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

if you are punching and engaged, the concentration required takes your mind off your pain
Dish is offline  Top
Old 10-27-2010, 05:51 PM   #11
bobalachko
Contender
ESB Senior Member

The way I would look at it is its one good shot not the end of the world keep your composer and keep doing what your doing with a bit more body protection.
bobalachko is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2010, 03:31 PM   #12
BlaccRoccy
Journeyman

Question Re: =(Staying game after a Hard Body Punch,PLEASE HELP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightHooker View Post

it was the harder punch i ever got in my life what made it worse is i wasnt expectin it---it hurt like crazy felt like 20 sledgehammers to the stomach at the same time but when i got dropped my coach told me to get the fxxx up dea was 35 seconds left in da 3rd round i got bacc up and blaccedout(aka went on autopilot) i and got the kid in da corner(the wierd thing doe it wasnt the ordinary type of blacc out when your throwing wide punches and stuff ---it was like i was very angry i couldent feel punches but it was a controled angry like i was so focused and i was seeing openings and piccing shots) i was catchen him like crazy and his shots dat landed didnt phase me after dat he trew body punches even harder den da one dat dropped me but i didnt fall again i juss continued with this flurry of newfound skill will and controled rage to the round was over) =( can someone please give me and explanation of what happened to me in the last 35 seconds of round 3????????
Old 10-29-2010, 03:54 PM   #13
SILVIO_DANTE
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:

it was the harder punch i ever got in my life what made it worse is i wasnt expectin it---it hurt like crazy felt like 20 sledgehammers to the stomach at the same time but when i got dropped my coach told me to get the fxxx up dea was 35 seconds left in da 3rd round i got bacc up and blaccedout(aka went on autopilot) i and got the kid in da corner(the wierd thing doe it wasnt the ordinary type of blacc out when your throwing wide punches and stuff ---it was like i was very angry i couldent feel punches but it was a controled angry like i was so focused and i was seeing openings and piccing shots) i was catchen him like crazy and his shots dat landed didnt phase me after dat he trew body punches even harder den da one dat dropped me but i didnt fall again i juss continued with this flurry of newfound skill will and controled rage to the round was over) =( can someone please give me and explanation of what happened to me in the last 35 seconds of round 3????????
LOL

adrenaline mate

your heart was probably doing 200 a minute

bet you felt sick and washed out once you got your breath back after the fight right ?
SILVIO_DANTE is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2010, 04:04 PM   #14
BlaccRoccy
Journeyman

Lightbulb Re: =(Staying game after a Hard Body Punch,PLEASE HELP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVIO_DANTE View Post
LOL

adrenaline mate

your heart was probably doing 200 a minute

bet you felt sick and washed out once you got your breath back after the fight right ?

datz exactlee how i felt lol after dat maybe 20minutes after i told my coach i dnt kno wat made me go into dat mode but i i wanna try to figure it out what triggered that mode) cuzz i think it would be good if i learned how to get like dat n b able to switch it on maybe for the whole 3rd round of an amature match what you think......do u think dats a good idea????
Old 10-30-2010, 07:06 AM   #15
Onepunch
Prestigeous clincher
ESB Full Member

Thing about adrenaline is it makes you gas because you go so hard for a short period of time. I wouldn't advise going apeshit for the whole third round. You'd last about 20-30 seconds at the start and then get picked off.
Onepunch is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing