Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 10-31-2010, 03:45 PM   #16
OPBF
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Klitschko's In Touch With Tyson Fury!

Klits are trying to knock any and all UK heavies out of the picture so Haye will be forced to fight them.

Makes sense. Also, no real credible opponents right now.
OPBF is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2010, 03:52 PM   #17
The MesserStick
DavidTua.net Blows
ESB Addict

vCash: 796

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyV View Post
Give the Welliver thing a rest. He hasn't done anything to deserve a shot. I understand you like the guy, but come on. He's never beaten even a top 50 heavyweight. Even Fury deserves a shot more than Welliver. At least he's beaten McDermott.
He took Solis into the 9th and the Olympic Gold Medalist could not even knock him down. 55 HW fights and never down once. He is 11-0 since then, has lost 42 pounds since then, has a top notch trainer now in Joe Hipp.

I agree Tommy that under usual circumstances Chauncy should not be considerd for a title shot....neither should Chisora who has never went 12 rounds once and definitely not Tyson Fury. Welliver is due for another top 10 fight though. WBC Top 15, WBO Top 10. Soon enough!

Welliver > Chisora > Fury
The MesserStick is offline  Top
Old 10-31-2010, 03:54 PM   #18
Jaso
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

Fake Tyson fury twitter plus Fury is now trained by Emmanuel Steward
Jaso is offline  Top
Old 10-31-2010, 03:56 PM   #19
ludwig
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

I don't believe this rumor for a second.

But if it is true that they are looking for a replacement for Chisora, I hope they will consider the likes of Tony Thompson or Maurice Harris before a Welliver or a Fury. Even Juan Carlos Gomez would be a better candidate.
ludwig is offline  Top
Old 10-31-2010, 04:57 PM   #20
Post Box
I'm back too, bitches
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

I would much rather it be Fury, just to see him get decapitated.
Post Box is offline  Top
Old 10-31-2010, 05:03 PM   #21
madballster
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Is there any problem with Chisora? Injury or anything?
madballster is offline  Top
Old 10-31-2010, 05:05 PM   #22
boxingscience
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 583

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar View Post
Who else should they fight?, it's not their problem there's no one, they do what they have to and fight everyone available. This has been mentioned endless times, I will never ever understand fools who question the opponents they fight like the division is packed with Foremans, Tysons, Alis and everyone.
it's tyson fury, a novice who's not even a british champion. this fight is worse than haye fighting audley, and that's saying something.
boxingscience is offline  Top
Old 10-31-2010, 05:09 PM   #23
TommyV
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MesserStick View Post
He took Solis into the 9th and the Olympic Gold Medalist could not even knock him down. 55 HW fights and never down once. He is 11-0 since then, has lost 42 pounds since then, has a top notch trainer now in Joe Hipp.

I agree Tommy that under usual circumstances Chauncy should not be considerd for a title shot....neither should Chisora who has never went 12 rounds once and definitely not Tyson Fury. Welliver is due for another top 10 fight though. WBC Top 15, WBO Top 10. Soon enough!

Welliver > Chisora > Fury
Since when has losing weight, being 11-0 against tomato cans and journeyman and taking somebody 9 rounds and not being knocked down been a qualifier for a title shot?

Listen to me, closely. WELLIVER HAS BEATEN NOBODY EVEN IN THE TOP 50. He has done nothing on that basis to deserve a shot. At least Chisora has established himself on a stronger domestic scene than the Oceanic one, which by the way, Welliver hasn't even established himself as the #1 in.

Chisora would beat Welliver comfortable should they ever meet, so how exactly does Welliver deserve a shot over Chisora?
TommyV is offline  Top
Old 10-31-2010, 05:13 PM   #24
mrbassie
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by madballster View Post
Is there any problem with Chisora? Injury or anything?
That's what I'm wondering; what's everybody on about??? There's nothing in the news (google).
mrbassie is offline  Top
Old 10-31-2010, 05:14 PM   #25
TommyV
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbassie View Post
That's what I'm wondering; what's everybody on about??? There's nothing in the news (google).
He has a court case coming up before the fight, charged with theft and assault. He's very, very unlikely to get time, it will probably be community service, but Wlad's team are obviously getting a replacement ready just in case.
TommyV is offline  Top
Old 10-31-2010, 05:47 PM   #26
The MesserStick
DavidTua.net Blows
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyV View Post
Since when has losing weight, being 11-0 against tomato cans and journeyman and taking somebody 9 rounds and not being knocked down been a qualifier for a title shot?

Listen to me, closely. WELLIVER HAS BEATEN NOBODY EVEN IN THE TOP 50. He has done nothing on that basis to deserve a shot. At least Chisora has established himself on a stronger domestic scene than the Oceanic one, which by the way, Welliver hasn't even established himself as the #1 in.

Chisora would beat Welliver comfortable should they ever meet, so how exactly does Welliver deserve a shot over Chisora?
Chauncy is in line for the WBC Crown and the WBO Crown. You know the rankings that determine who fights for the titles??? When a fighter gets serious about title shots, they win minor titles and pay all of the sanctioning fees for those titles. Welliver defends multiple belts on opposite ends of the world and fights about every other month. Chisora was rated for 1 month after ***ton, Briggs needed a special ranking, Toney was denied a special ranking, that is how title shots work.

Only serious boxing teams are in line for the title shots. Team Welliver is Serious! Eliminators or Title fights in 2011....if not Dec. 2010.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_QJo-YLT2A[/ame]
Old 10-31-2010, 05:50 PM   #27
TommyV
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MesserStick View Post
Chauncy is in line for the WBC Crown and the WBO Crown. You know the rankings that determine who fights for the titles??? When a fighter gets serious about title shots, they win minor titles and pay all of the sanctioning fees for those titles. Welliver defends multiple belts on opposite ends of the world and fights about every other month. Chisora was rated for 1 month after ***ton, Briggs needed a special ranking, Toney was denied a special ranking, that is how title shots work.

Only serious boxing teams are in line for the title shots. Team Welliver is Serious! Eliminators or Title fights in 2011....if not Dec. 2010.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
If Welliver was serious about a title, he'd earn his shot at one by beating somebody in the top 10 and taking there place. Right now, it sounds like he's under the impression that someone owes him one.
TommyV is offline  Top
Old 10-31-2010, 05:57 PM   #28
The MesserStick
DavidTua.net Blows
ESB Addict

He has tried to fight David Tua to be NZ #1 and they are both Top 10. He has tried to fight Kali Meehan as well. They both had quicker routes or chose opposition they thought they would look better against. Welliver even won the interim WBO asia pacific title....David Tuas title....amd he has defended it twice waiting for a shot. He earned that in the ring. Activity is key, he keeps beating guys every other month until he gets a big fish.
Old 10-31-2010, 08:16 PM   #29
Kalasinn
♧ OG Kally ♤
East Side Guru

vCash: 1200

Tyson Fury is a big bum, but less of a bum than Chisora.
Kalasinn is offline  Top
Old 10-31-2010, 08:19 PM   #30
Karl Jade
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1444

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsLeader View Post
That twitter account is not real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
I don't believe that. I reckon it is. And Klitschko's are standing by for a replacement anyway, so I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was Fury.
10:40

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD2kO60hJJ0[/ame]

Wake up.
Karl Jade is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum