Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 11-06-2010, 08:06 PM   #1
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default JMM looking past Katsidis to PAC III

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] November 3rd, 2010
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]By Dan Ambrose: WBA/WBO lightweight champion Juan Manuel Marquez (51-5-1, 37 KOís) isnít interested in taking on any other lightweights after he finishes dealing with WBO lightweight interim champion Michael Katsidis (27-2, 22 KOís) on November 27th at the MGM Grand, in Las Vegas, Nevada. Marquez, 37, has bigger fishes to fry. Marquez wants to go after Manny Pacquiao, provided that Marquez can beat Katsidis this month. In an interview at ESPNs Golpe a Golpe, Marquez said he wasnít interested in fighting WBC lightweight champion Humberto Soto or Jorge Linares. Marquez said ďThey are good fighters, but I am looking for bigger things, bigger fights after Katsidis.Ē

Marquez is making no secret about his wish to get a third rubber fight with Pacquiao so that he can prove that heís the better fighter. Pacquiao and Marquez have fought twice previously, with the first fight ending in a 12 round draw in 2004, and then Marquez lost the 2nd fight by a controversial 12 round split decision in 2008. Rather than fight a third fight with Marquez to try and prove that heís better than him, Pacquiao has fought Joshua Clottey, Oscar De La Hoya, Ricky Hatton, Miguel Cotto and now Antonio Margarito. Marquez is at least popular than Margarito and Clottey. That makes you wonder why Pacquiao isnít giving Marquez a rematch. Itís up to Bob Arum, Pacquiaoís promoter. Heís the one that chooses all the fights for him. There must be something about Marquez that is causing Arum to steer Pacquiao clear of him. I doubt much will change after Marquez gets through with the Katsidis fight.
I canít see him getting a fight with Pacquiao following that fight, even though itís a fight that makes sense. You canít blame Marquez for not wanting to fight Linares and Soto. Those guys donít bring in the big money that guys like Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Jr. do. Thatís what Marquez is partially interested in. Iím sure he wants revenge against Pacquiao, but the big money doesnít hurt either.

****y beaner.hope Katsidis leaves him in a puddle of his own urine which the sick **** will probably drink.
WAR KATSIDIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2010, 10:24 PM   #2
Above Deck
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Default Re: JMM looking past Katsidis to PAC III

I can see Katsidis stopping JMM.

Im not sure JMM has been stopped before, but I cant see how he
will be able to handle to the pressure of Katsidis.

JMM is getting on a bit and has had some tough fights, they all start
to slide at some stage and this Katsidis fight IMO will be the start of it.

Also, fighters are never as good as they were after fighting Floyd Mayweather Jr - I think he ruins them mentally.

So this will be interesting fight, very confident about a Katsidis win here.
Above Deck is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2010, 10:49 PM   #3
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

How good would it be if Kats catches and stops JMMM.....please God
ashley is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2010, 10:49 PM   #4
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 346

big mistake looking past this fight imo, katsidis is going to give the preformance of a life time imo, this will be one if not his best fights. Im also very confident Katsidis will win.
TCboxa is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum