Old 11-13-2010, 01:43 AM   #46
monaroCountry
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: MonaroCountry's top 10 HW fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekcutnevets View Post
MoronoCountry's rankings have to be the worst I've seen on this forum.

Fedor loses his last fight, but is ranked 1st? That is just stupid. HE JUST LOST TO SOMEBODY! Fedor has to, at least, be below the person that beat him. It's not like Fedor lost a close decision that you think he won. FEDOR QUIT! Fedor was being choked. He would have died had that been a street fight, and nothing made Werdum let go. Fedor's life was in Werdum's hands, or legs in that case.
So lets put it this way.

Should these guys be ahead of Anderson Silva?
Ryo Chonan
Daiju Takase
Luiz Azeredo?

Simply because they were able to beat Anderson Silva and because Anderson Silva never beat them in a rematch?

Quote:
Overated, I mean Overeem, number 2? Get the **** out of here with that ****. There is no way you can hold up his resume, read it off, and deliver that ranking with a straight face. That ranking could only be hand signaled by someone with Overeem's **** in that person's mouth. So far, Overeem is a potential force to be reckoned with. He may become as good as Morono thinks he is. He has yet to PROVE it.

Apart from Werdum and Fedor, who else has better ground game? and apart from Fedor who else has better standup? Would you consider him legit if he goes around beating up old retired people and beat up someone with no standup and ground game?

Quote:
Werdum being below Fedor is just ****ing stupid.
Its ****en stupid to think otherwise. Again look at the Anderson Silva example. Just because a fighter was able to beat you doesnt mean that they deserve to be ranked higher than you. Or is this concept too complicated for you to understand?

Quote:
Velasquez at 9? A win over Lesnar means nothing, because Lesnar came to prominence faster than you felt he deserved? As unskilled as he may be, defeating Brock Lesnar is a meaningful task.
Why is it meaningful when the guy literally shouted to the ref that he gives up, that the guy ran away like a girl, that a guy didnt know how to punch and kick, and that a guy hasnt shown any proper grappling skills. If Dana named Kimbo as the best and baddest man in the planet, I would think of him in exactly the same light as Brock........i.e. they dont deserve it.

Quote:
Herring defeats Kongo, which had to at least keep him relevant.

Lesnar dominates Herring. Lesnar, fair or not, gets what is called a "title shot" against Couture. Lesnar beats Couture. Whether or not Lesnar deserved his shot, he still beat Randy and overtook whatever ranking Randy had at that time. Lesnar then avenges his loss against Mir. Mir was coming off a win over Nogueira. Lesnar goes on to beat undefeated challenger, Shane Carwin.

Lesnar is not a proven all time great, but he his noteworthy. It's not like Lesnar has ever lost to someone like Chad Griggs. It takes someone of note to beat him.

I may add more. I may not.
MMA roadmaps doesnt quite work out......again look at my Anderson Silva example.
monaroCountry is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2010, 01:53 AM   #47
sugarngold
RIDDUM
East Side Guru

vCash: 157

Quote:
Originally Posted by monaroCountry View Post
So lets put it this way.

Ryo Chonan
Daiju Takase
Luiz Azeredo?

Simply because they were able to beat Anderson Silva and because Anderson Silva never beat them in a rematch?
No they shouldn't because following those encounters Anderson Silva rebuilt his rankings by winning the right fights and beating the top fighters whereas his opponents went on to lose their rankings due to their subsequent losses.

Fedor can rebuild his rankings most certainly but he just hasn't done it yet. If he stepped into the UFC tomorrow and beat Cain Velazquez he would be back on top but until he does so Cain is the man to beat at heavyweight.
sugarngold is offline  Top
Old 11-13-2010, 02:15 AM   #48
Beebs
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1493

Quote:
So lets put it this way.

Ryo Chonan
Daiju Takase
Luiz Azeredo?

That is not necessarily what people are saying.

They are saying that if Silva was #1 at the time, and then lost, he would not be #1 after losing, before he even has another fight.
Beebs is offline  Top
Old 11-13-2010, 03:35 AM   #49
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
So lets put it this way.

Ryo Chonan
Daiju Takase
Luiz Azeredo?

[/b]Apart from Werdum and Fedor, who else has better ground game? and apart from Fedor who else has better standup? Would you consider him legit if he goes around beating up old retired people and beat up someone with no standup and ground game?

MMA roadmaps doesnt quite work out......again look at my Anderson Silva example.
Ummm yeah
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 11-13-2010, 09:41 AM   #50
(PimpThaSystem)
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Oh im so sorry to disappoint you my good Sir, after all I only want to please you. Do you care for some tea and coffee, maybe I could make you some dinner or get you another beer, or even your favorite newspaper perhaps?

Hahahaha your head must hurt often. Instead of having the ranking based on skills shown, achievements, and records etc why dont we just BASE IT ON THE BADDEST LOOKING MOFO AROUND, WITH THE BIGGEST D*%^ TATTOO (SO LONG AS ITS DANA APPROVED).
Only when I read your lame ass, Fedor nuthugging posts. I'm even not sure if you like MMA because all you do is verbally ******* Fedor and trash zuffa pound4pounders and thats about it. I'm sure if Fedor saw the way you obsess over him on message boards he would be very troubled indeed.

BTW your preaching to the choir when it comes to Brock as I never thought he deserved to be ranked #1. But to not have him in the top 10 and to have guys like Del Rosario, Gugenishvili, and Cormier ahead of him and other proven zuffa mainstays is just re****ed. Honestly it just looks like you were just struggling to find names for your top 10 that weren't Mir, Carwin, Brock, or Nog.
(PimpThaSystem) is offline  Top
Old 11-13-2010, 10:05 AM   #51
monaroCountry
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarngold View Post
No they shouldn't because following those encounters Anderson Silva rebuilt his rankings by winning the right fights and beating the top fighters whereas his opponents went on to lose their rankings due to their subsequent losses.
However, Anderson NEVER won against them and really just started winning everything when he only fought Zuffa fighters, since then he hasnt fought any Japanese fighters and as they say, styles makes fights and maybe the fighters that Anderson fought previously used styles that were more of a challenge to Anderson.

Quote:
Fedor can rebuild his rankings most certainly but he just hasn't done it yet. If he stepped into the UFC tomorrow and beat Cain Velazquez he would be back on top but until he does so Cain is the man to beat at heavyweight.
Why is Cain the gateway for the number one spot? is it because he is a Zuffa fighter? Cain has inferior standup and inferior ground game to both Overeem, and inferior ground game than Werdum.

If your arguement was somehow valid then why hasnt Tim Sylvia regained his number one spot, why hasnt Barnett regained his number one spot, howe about Alex E etc ect? All of these fighters has been on a winning streak. OR IS THE RULES SOMEHOW APPLIED DIFFERENTLY WHEN ITS A ZUFFA FIGHTER?
Old 11-13-2010, 10:09 AM   #52
monaroCountry
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by (PimpThaSystem) View Post
Only when I read your lame ass, Fedor nuthugging posts. I'm even not sure if you like MMA because all you do is verbally ******* Fedor and trash zuffa pound4pounders and thats about it. I'm sure if Fedor saw the way you obsess over him on message boards he would be very troubled indeed.

BTW your preaching to the choir when it comes to Brock as I never thought he deserved to be ranked #1. But to not have him in the top 10 and to have guys like Del Rosario, Gugenishvili, and Cormier ahead of him and other proven zuffa mainstays is just re****ed. Honestly it just looks like you were just struggling to find names for your top 10 that weren't Mir, Carwin, Brock, or Nog.

You dont rate those guys probably because their names havent been talked about by Dana White .

Those guys are as legit as Cain, has similar record, some have better background and some have even shown more skills. Again is these UFC fighters wont fight outside competition then we will never know how good they truely are, the only thing wee can rely on then is the skills shown by the fighter, their experience and records.
Old 11-13-2010, 12:00 PM   #53
(PimpThaSystem)
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
You dont rate those guys probably because their names havent been talked about by Dana White .

Those guys are as legit as Cain, has similar record, some have better background and some have even shown more skills. Again is these UFC fighters wont fight outside competition then we will never know how good they truely are, the only thing wee can rely on then is the skills shown by the fighter, their experience and records.
You are an idiot.

You never know how two fighter's skill sets match up until they actually fight
. Trying to determine who has more skill between one guy who has been fighting legit contenders and another guy who has fought nothing but cans is a useless endeavor for obvious reasons. The difference between Cain and those other guys is that Cain has fought legit comp where those other guys are just racking up wins over guys who have records littered with losses.

The only unbiased way to do rankings is to rate by recent win/losses first, and older win/losses second. If you want to talk all time, then yeah Fedor is probably #1 but to call him #1 in current rankings when he got subbed in less than two minutes is ****in laughable.

Trying to discredit Frank Mir's win over Big Nog when Nog was the #2 Heavyweight in the world at the time is worse than discrediting Fedor's wins over Arlovski and Sylivia because of their subsequent losses. Like it or not Mir has wins over top heavyweights and deserves to be ranked in the top 10 more than guys like Bigfoot (win over Big Nog > win over Arlovski) and guys like Del Rosario, Gugenishvili, and Cormier (wins over Nog, Kongo, Cro Cop > wins over cans). If those guys get wins over some proven contenders then I'll have no problem ranking them but until then they are just big question marks.

And stop bringing Dana into this discussion. I told you I make my own rankings, I don't need Dana to tell me whats what.
Old 11-13-2010, 12:29 PM   #54
(PimpThaSystem)
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
So lets put it this way.

Ryo Chonan
Daiju Takase
Luiz Azeredo?

Ugh no you shouldn't rank those guys ahead of Silva because those wins are irrelevant to the current middleweight division and Silva has been defeating top contenders on a regular basis.

Ryo Chonan isn't a middleweight anymore and lost to guys like Dan Henderson (who Silva beat) and Paulo Filho (who lost to Chael Sonnen who Silva beat) when he was.

Daiju Takase has lost numerous times to unranked fighter's since he beat Silva 7 years ago and clearly has no relevance to today's MW division.

Luiz Azeredo's win over Silva was controversial and it wasn't even at Middleweight. Plus it was a decade ago. Clearly not a relevant result.

Seriously Monaro I can't believe I have to spell this all out for you.
Old 11-13-2010, 01:42 PM   #55
WATERBOY
I Worship Steven Tucker
ESB Senior Member

worst rankings ever!
WATERBOY is online now  Top
Old 11-14-2010, 08:38 PM   #56
monaroCountry
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Ugh no you shouldn't rank those guys ahead of Silva because those wins are irrelevant to the current middleweight division and Silva has been defeating top contenders on a regular basis.
You mean top UFC contenders.

Quote:
worst rankings ever!
Maybe you should post up your own ranking with your homeboy with a P tattoo as number 1 HW and a guy who defeated him at #2? These two are certainly unproven and havent fought the number of fights and relevant fighters from outside their own promotion nor have they even fought the best fighters from other promotions.

Quote:
You never know how two fighter's skill sets match up until they actually fight.
Thats right you dont know, for all we know Cain could be outmatched by all SF HW. This is the problem with the UFC and their no co-promotion. The only legit way therefor to rank fighters would be on the skills they have showcased, the quality of their fights, and their record. So far Cain hasnt shown much ground game and hasnt shown the all round striking ability of Overeem. Brock hasnt shown much of anything.

Quote:
And stop bringing Dana into this discussion. I told you I make my own rankings, I don't need Dana to tell me whats what.
Are you sure about this? Its funny the way you defend your BFF.
Old 11-14-2010, 08:45 PM   #57
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Are you sure about this? Its funny the way you defend your BFF.
You do make me laugh morono
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2010, 12:15 AM   #58
sugarngold
RIDDUM
East Side Guru

vCash: 157

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
You do make me laugh morono
sugarngold is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2010, 05:34 PM   #59
(PimpThaSystem)
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
You mean top UFC contenders.
LOL this makes me want to see your Middleweight rankings. They can't be worse than those piece **** HW rankings but I hope you surprise me.

Quote:
Maybe you should post up your own ranking with your homeboy with a P tattoo as number 1 HW and a guy who defeated him at #2? These two are certainly unproven and havent fought the number of fights and relevant fighters from outside their own promotion nor have they even fought the best fighters from other promotions.
You act like Strikeforce heavyweights are even fighting each other on a regular basis. Forget co-promotion, Strikeforce needs to get their heavyweights some fights in their own damn org.

Quote:
Thats right you dont know, for all we know Cain could be outmatched by all SF HW. This is the problem with the UFC and their no co-promotion. The only legit way therefor to rank fighters would be on the skills they have showcased, the quality of their fights, and their record. So far Cain hasnt shown much ground game and hasnt shown the all round striking ability of Overeem. Brock hasnt shown much of anything.
Different promotions or not, a lot of these guys have common opponents none the less. Enough so that guessing who has the better skillset doesn't have to come into play. If you want to do proper, unbiased rankings the only way to do it is to go by results. "What ifs" have no place in ranking systems.

I don't even know why I'm bothering to try to get through to you. You'll probably only respond to one line of this post and make the same asinine points you've been making this entire thread.

Are you sure about this? Its funny the way you defend your BFF.[/quote]

Haha now you just reaching. Hey howabout you start nut hugging on a fighter that fights more than just once a year? Maybe it will give you something else to talk about.

Peace out Morono****ry
Old 11-15-2010, 05:57 PM   #60
Beebs
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1493

Right, he says "well the UFC fighters don't fight everybody in the world" when in reality the Strikeforce and Dream fighters are just as seperated from the world, plus they don't even fight each other.

The only people who truely are fighting in many different MMA organizations are journeymen who are not quite standing out or not quite winning enough to be signed by a big organization.
Beebs is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum