Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 11-25-2007, 11:55 AM   #1
unitas
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Arslan vs the other universum cruiser talents......

lets face it: universum does not view arslan as a long term proposition at 37 years of age.
and they want to keep the belt in the family..........so my guess is they are gonna put him in with one of their younger up and coming aces cause they have better long term prospects!

how do you think arslan will do vs drodz (a rematch!), kraj or alexeev???
unitas is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2007, 03:09 PM   #2
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: Arslan vs the other universum cruiser talents......

Quote:
Originally Posted by unitas
lets face it: universum does not view arslan as a long term proposition at 37 years of age.
and they want to keep the belt in the family..........so my guess is they are gonna put him in with one of their younger up and coming aces cause they have better long term prospects!

Drozd is head and shoulders over Arslan in terms of skills and talent.
I would favour Drozd in a rematch with Arslan.In their first encounter Drodz didnt seem to have a game plan.He foolishy tried to take out Arslan with powershots and paid the price when he ran out of gas after 3 rounds.
He totally underestimated Arslan and couldnt cope with his opponent's style.
Drozd wont make the same mistake twice.He is the better boxer,the better puncher,faster,and he has the potential to outbox Arslan quite easily.

Kraj? Could go either way IMO.If forced I would probably bet my money on Arslan.Kraj lacks pro experience and aggessiveness.My gut feeling tells me that Kraj isnt mentally ready to take on such a merciless opponent at this stage of his career.

Alexeev? He could be the first fighter who stops Arslan.
Alexeev's firepower is outstandingly good,but so is Arslan's chin.Would be an incredibly interesting fight.
Odo is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2007, 03:35 PM   #3
unitas
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo
Drozd is head and shoulders over Arslan in terms of skills and talent.
I would favour Drozd in a rematch with Arslan.In their first encounter Drodz didnt seem to have a game plan.He foolishy tried to take out Arslan with powershots and paid the price when he ran out of gas after 3 rounds.
He totally underestimated Arslan and couldnt cope with his opponent's style.
Drozd wont make the same mistake twice.He is the better boxer,the better puncher,faster,and he has the potential to outbox Arslan quite easily.

Kraj? Could go either way IMO.If forced I would probably bet my money on Arslan.Kraj lacks pro experience and aggessiveness.My gut feeling tells me that Kraj isnt mentally ready to take on such a merciless opponent at this stage of his career.

Alexeev? He could be the first fighter who stops Arslan.
Alexeev's firepower is outstandingly good,but so is Arslan's chin.Would be an incredibly interesting fight.
I agree that drozd is the far superior talent, but arslan has that style that wont let anyone outbox him imo.
im sure drozd will outbox him early....but eventually arslan will force him to close quarters. and there, arslans strength and infighting skills will wear on him. and i just have a feeling about drozd that he might not be rugged enough to outfight arslan.
i think arslan can either stop him late or outlast him to a close decision.
still, i think this fight will happen soon cause it would make sense for universum: drozd is experienced enough now......he has to show that the first fight was just a fluke and that he is indeed as good as universum think.
and if drozd loses, they can dump him cause then he obviously wont make it on world level. and thats the way universum like to do work.

alexeev certainly has the skills to win....but at this point, i dont know anything about his stammina or how he will react when the other guy gets down and dirty with him.
but unlike drozd, i just have the feeling that he has the style to outfight arslan in close. his punches appear shorter and even more powerfull. and he is a killer to the body.
i see arslan looking to take the stylish alexeev out of his stride with pressure....but alexeev meeting him head on. and winning for the reasons stated above.

kraj: as you said....either way.
unitas is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2007, 08:55 PM   #4
Artani
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:

Good question Unitas, i liked your idea. I think Arslan is good fighter but he is 37. He will protect title with someone who is not danger in the early year and will fight later with some old like Hill. I dont think that he will accept to fight with Kraj, Drozd and Alexaeev.

My sugestion is that Arslan will fight next Herbie Hide .

Last edited by Mohak; 10-06-2006 at 04:38 PM.
Artani is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2007, 11:31 AM   #5
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artani
Good question Unitas, i liked your idea. I think Arslan is good fighter but he is 37. He will protect title with someone who is not danger in the early year and will fight later with some old like Hill. I dont think that he will accept to fight with Kraj, Drozd and Alexaeev.

My sugestion is that Arslan will fight next Herbie Hide .
Why the hell should he fight Herbie Hide? Isnt Hide of Arena alias Oener fight club's boys?

I have a different guess.Arslan may fight the winner of Hidvegi vs Suda next.
Odo is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2007, 07:41 PM   #6
Artani
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo
Why the hell should he fight Herbie Hide? Isnt Hide of Arena alias Oener fight club's boys?

I have a different guess.Arslan may fight the winner of Hidvegi vs Suda next.
I dont think soo , fight with Hide will bring more money and more popularity.
Artani is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2007, 02:22 AM   #7
Axe
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:

I haven't seen too much of Kraj, though others speak highly of him.

I think Drozd can beat Arslan by a wide margin in a rematch. Drozd UD.

At this point Arslan would be too much for Alexeev. Arslan TKO 8.

I think Brudov beat Arslan in their last fight, and would beat him again clearer in the rematch. Brudov UD.
Axe is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2007, 02:52 PM   #8
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
I dont think soo , fight with Hide will bring more money and more popularity.

"More popularity and money",eh!

Hide is a British based African who is totally unknown in Germany.
Furthermore he does have a contract with Oener. As you may know the relationship between Oener and Kohl isnt really that close and good.
Odo is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2007, 02:56 PM   #9
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe
I haven't seen too much of Kraj, though others speak highly of him.

I think Drozd can beat Arslan by a wide margin in a rematch. Drozd UD.

At this point Arslan would be too much for Alexeev. Arslan TKO 8.

I think Brudov beat Arslan in their last fight, and would beat him again clearer in the rematch. Brudov UD.
I,too,had Brudov slightly ahead on points after 12 close rounds with Arslan.However,I wouldnt argue the toss with someone who had Arslan ahead on points.Brudov vs Arslan was a fight which could have gone either way.

I somehow doubt that Drozd will get a rematch.Even real box fans here in Germany have never heard of him-let alone casual sport fans.
High risk,little reward for Arslan,and for his promoter Kohl.
Drozd is too dangerous and not as marketable as Arslan is in Germany.
Odo is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2007, 08:36 PM   #10
Artani
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo
"More popularity and money",eh!

Hide is a British based African who is totally unknown in Germany.
Furthermore he does have a contract with Oener. As you may know the relationship between Oener and Kohl isnt really that close and good.
You are wrong. He is known very well in the Germany from fight with Vitaly.
Oner is p#ssy and will accept fight for good money.
Artani is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2007, 04:57 PM   #11
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
You are wrong. He is known very well in the Germany from fight with Vitaly.
Oner is p#ssy and will accept fight for good money.
Hide also beat Willy Fischer a few years ago.However,to claim that Hide is very well known in Germany is the very definition of the word"exaggeration".
Even a lot of hardcore fans in Germany have never heard his name!
And why the hell should Arslan's management offer good bucks for a fight with Hide? Doesnt make much sense to me!
The winner of Lubos Suda vs the Hungarian Hidvegi surely wont demand as much money as Oener would.Besides Arslan has unfinished business with Suda.
Suda vs Arslan can be easily sold to the German public."Arslan's revenge"or "Payback time" or................ .
Do you really think that Arslan vs Hide can be that easily sold in Germany?
Arslan vs the no-hoper who went two rounds with Vitaly and was knocked out by a ghost punch.Does that sound that convincing to you,artani?
Odo is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum