Old 11-29-2007, 12:48 AM   #1
PBF P4P #1
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default My take on Mayweather/Hatton

the thing that gets me is this...

through watching 24/7....

Ricky always says that Floyd can hit me with smaller shots but I only need one big shot....He mentions that Floyd's pad work is irrelevant because he won't just stand there when in all reality he will be the one moving forward and he will be the one getting countered by those quick short shots on his big shots...

He is quick to say all that b.s. but one thing isn't mentioned....You have to catch Floyd to get that one shot, so far 38 have tried and failed....Floyd can hit you with those faster more accurate less powerful shots and pot shot to death, and Ricky is going to follow him around like a lost puppy looking for one shot that isnt there....

Its like Lampley said in the DLH fight, Oscar may have to look all weekend if he expects to land that one left hook on Floyd....Floyd will jab early, then follow with the right and by mid fight its pot shot and counter time while Ricky bears forward and swings at something that isnt there.

Lampley also said when Sugar Ray Leonard was in the ring the safe bet was always a UD for SRL, when Whitaker was Whitaker a UD was always the safe bet....And now that guy is Floyd, and that is how I will bet...Mayweather by UD
PBF P4P #1 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2007, 12:59 AM   #2
planetzion
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: My take on Mayweather/Hatton

i dont think anyone really cares about your opinion ...i mean you screen name and avatar just scream .....

im a nutthugger
planetzion is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2007, 01:01 AM   #3
brooklyn1550
Roberto Duran
East Side VIP

Ricky is not one to follow you around the ring without punching, like Oscar did. He is one to come forward throwing punches.
brooklyn1550 is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2007, 01:17 AM   #4
PBF P4P #1
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by planetzion
i dont think anyone really cares about your opinion ...i mean you screen name and avatar just scream .....

im a nutthugger
great quote from someone who avoids fact and a meaningful response and resorts to bitching, its the same thing that will happen on the 8th....also thanks for the spelling errors
PBF P4P #1 is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2007, 01:20 AM   #5
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklyn1550
Ricky is not one to follow you around the ring without punching, like Oscar did. He is one to come forward throwing punches.

IF you knew about boxing if he follows floyd punching its going to be a short night for hatton. The only reason why ODH was able to be effective is that he did come at FLoyd with DEFENSE..If you come at floyd punching with a short reach throwing power shots you are going to miss bad and get countered. Floyd is not that retarded body bag on his crack head trainer. Nobody comes in and just punches ..that is asking to be countered.
Toopretty is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2007, 01:30 AM   #6
Symphenyceo
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toopretty
IF you knew about boxing if he follows floyd punching its going to be a short night for hatton. The only reason why ODH was able to be effective is that he did come at FLoyd with DEFENSE..If you come at floyd punching with a short reach throwing power shots you are going to miss bad and get countered. Floyd is not that retarded body bag on his crack head trainer. Nobody comes in and just punches ..that is asking to be countered.
Symphenyceo is online now  Top
Old 11-29-2007, 02:18 AM   #7
Pro
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 105

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toopretty
Pro is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2007, 03:16 AM   #8
bhwbj
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

On a sidenote: I know that Floyd isn't going fullspeed on the padwork, but he looked considerably slower then he normally looks while doing the pads with Roger.
bhwbj is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum