BrooklynMumin is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2010, 06:04 PM   #17
Wig
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Default Re: Abraham would put Ward on ***** street

King Arthur just got schooled by the man at 168.

Fighting a cheating american hypejob is a slightly different proposition to fighting THE MAN.

AA by mid rounds stoppage.
Wig is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2010, 06:06 PM   #18
richard mossley
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1022

Quote:
Originally Posted by tito44 View Post
If AA does do the fight, is it in Germany?

No way does Ward get another fight in Oakland.
I dont know, maybe Ward might venture out of Oakland, how far is San Francisco?
richard mossley is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2010, 06:06 PM   #19
realsoulja
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 232

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitta_Squadup View Post
AA was really outboxed by a timid Taylor,
Maybe for the first 2-3 rounds, but AA was comfortable throughout the fight. Taylor fought the right fight by trying to keep AA at the end of the jab, but as you said was timid, wasnt physically strong enough to nudge AA.

[qupte]a heartless Andre Dirrell and got shutout by Carl Froch, he was taking to deep waters in his first fight with Edison Miranda who possess no boxing skills at all and it's looking more and more like he's too small for Super Middleweight.[/quote]

Dirrell kept AA at distance, but as the fight went on AA managed to get into mid range. As you said, heartless Dirrell.

Froch did the same, but he kept AA out with the odd brawl, coz he was physically stronger.

Quote:
theres no doubt he would be physically stronger than little AA, AA lack of offense and inability to fight on the inside will get him roughed up, swollen, beaten and possibly forced into retirement.
Im talking about come from behind KO style, AA can carry his strength to the last second. As the fight goes on, AA will eventually put him on ***** street.

Quote:
At 31 he can't and will not be able to change his fighting style and all Andre essentially will have to do is box him and with Wards fast hands good footwork and intelligence and very good defence AA doen't stand a chance, i think you should be more realistic, hoping for a lucky shot will not get it.
What I am saying is, basically, stylistically,Ward is a better fight for AA, than Dirrell and Froch.

Because Ward comes into the inside, while Dirrell and Froch didnt want to do that as they had respect for AA's power.
realsoulja is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2010, 06:07 PM   #20
Nonito Smoak
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 673

I thought Abraham'd beat Froch. I believe Froch is far from a great boxer, and look what happened their. Ward puts on a repeat performance, except fights a lot less like the Klitschko's (Froch reminded me of them during the Abraham fight).

You honestly think Abraham puts up a tougher fight than Kessler did? You are mistaken.
Nonito Smoak is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2010, 06:07 PM   #21
Hitta_Squadup
Beast ***e
ESB Addict

vCash: 5304

AA= the latest version of Kelly Pavlik, the blueprint to beat them has been laid out and he will be beaten by all the elite fighters at 160 or 168, they should fight eachother throw in P Williams and whoever comes out on top could get some clout back.
Hitta_Squadup is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2010, 06:08 PM   #22
booradley
Mean People Kick Ass!
East Side VIP

vCash: 622

A long-stiff jab, a decent work rate, and a bit of thump on your punches keeps AA in his shell. Always has and probably always will. One of the few surprise for me was that I used to think you needed a good jab like peak Kessler or peak Pavlik to hold AA at bay. The Froch fight showed us that isn't true.

I really do not like Ward, but I think he has more than enough ring smarts to beat Abraham. AA is just not a hard guy to figure out.
booradley is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2010, 06:11 PM   #23
MancMexican
Blood & Guts Forever
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by booradley View Post
A long-stiff jab, a decent work rate, and a bit of thump on your punches keeps AA in his shell. Always has and probably always will. One of the few surprise for me was that I used to think you needed a good jab like peak Kessler or peak Pavlik to hold AA at bay. The Froch fight showed us that isn't true.

I really do not like Ward, but I think he has more than enough ring smarts to beat Abraham. AA is just not a hard guy to figure out.
Welcome back, Boo. And kudos for having Abraham's number all these years.
MancMexican is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2010, 06:13 PM   #24
tito44
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard mossley View Post
I dont know, maybe Ward might venture out of Oakland, how far is San Francisco?
It would only be fair to be in Germany.
tito44 is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2010, 06:13 PM   #25
Hitta_Squadup
Beast ***e
ESB Addict

vCash: 5304

Quote:
Originally Posted by realsoulja View Post
Maybe for the first 2-3 rounds, but AA was comfortable throughout the fight. Taylor fought the right fight by trying to keep AA at the end of the jab, but as you said was timid, wasnt physically strong enough to nudge AA.

[qupte]a heartless Andre Dirrell and got shutout by Carl Froch, he was taking to deep waters in his first fight with Edison Miranda who possess no boxing skills at all and it's looking more and more like he's too small for Super Middleweight.
Dirrell kept AA at distance, but as the fight went on AA managed to get into mid range. As you said, heartless Dirrell.

Froch did the same, but he kept AA out with the odd brawl, coz he was physically stronger.

Im talking about come from behind KO style, AA can carry his strength to the last second. As the fight goes on, AA will eventually put him on ***** street.

What I am saying is, basically, stylistically,Ward is a better fight for AA, than Dirrell and Froch.

Because Ward comes into the inside, while Dirrell and Froch didnt want to do that as they had respect for AA's power.[/quote]
Thats the entire point, when Ward is more than capable of boxing from the outside which has proven to be the easy and safe way to beat AA, why would he fight on the inside, you do understand they will be watching tape of the AA loses and make a game plan on how to beat him which is again to outbox him not brawl, Ward is one of the smartest fighters out there,i'm sure he would employ this strategy.
Hitta_Squadup is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2010, 06:15 PM   #26
realsoulja
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWarrior View Post
You're a moron. Ward can box, mix it up on the inside, he is the most versatile fighter in the super six. Against Kessler he was whipping Kessler from the outside and the inside. Ward was for most of his career a slick outside fighter. Only recently has he become a technical pressure fighter. And its not like Arthuir abraham can fight on the inside anyway.
I never said Ward is only an inside fighter, I said he doesnt have the substansial height and reach, aswell as physicall strength, to keep AA on the outside for 12 straight rounds like Froch did.

Dirrell didnt do that for 12 straght rounds due to the following reasons.

1) Dirrell was ***** hearted
2) Dirrell doesnt have the physical strength to go toe to toe with AA like Froch did at times.
3) Dirrell is ***** hearted.

Quote:
Crying because he got hit with an illegal shot? What a scum bag you are. Michael Katsidis was crying last night is he a ***** too. Typical keyboard warrior.
Dirrell was crying like Katsidis? Katsidis had tears, but tried to keep them behind the eye lids.

Dirrell was shouting, nonsense while crying remembering the Knockdown he suffered in Round 10. Katsidis remembered his Brother, his blood and flesh he can cry all he wants, its not a big deal coz thats an emotion a man can show without being disrespected.

Dirrell was just crying coz he didnt want to go into the 12th round.

Quote:
Watch the first 5 roudns against Kessler fool if you believe Ward is just an inside guy.
Kessler is a 1-2 type fighter, that didnt have an effective left hook, also AA carries his power to the last second better than many fighter.
Old 11-28-2010, 06:15 PM   #27
RightCross
Grandmaster of Boxing
East Side Guru

vCash: 915

AA wont win one rd versus ward.
RightCross is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2010, 06:19 PM   #28
pasky2000
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk View Post
I think people will be suprised come fight time. Many people here are doing the typical posturing, and now will totally write AA off, but once the bell rings, Ward is going to have his hands full I feel, and while one would have to favor Ward, I will not at all, not at all, be suprised, if AA wins this fight. I think its funny how bad people are talking about AA right now and now saying hes got no shot against Ward (just look at posts on AA literally a week ago to see the complete opposite of opinions on AA )

AA is a very dangerous fight for Ward, I think Ward should probably win that UD, but certain dimensions to this fight make it very, very interesting.
I agree with this post.

I actually think that Ward will have a tougher fight against Abraham than Froch had, not because Froch is better, but because of their styles.

Ward doesn't have the active long range jab that will trouble Abraham and his inferior power & workrate will allow Abraham to open up much quicker in the fight.

I still see Ward winning but it won't be easier than the Bika fight.
pasky2000 is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2010, 06:20 PM   #29
realsoulja
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitta_Squadup View Post
Thats the entire point, when Ward is more than capable of boxing from the outside which has proven to be the easy and safe way to beat AA, why would he fight on the inside, you do understand they will be watching tape of the AA loses and make a game plan on how to beat him which is again to outbox him not brawl, Ward is one of the smartest fighters out there,i'm sure he would employ this strategy.
I agree with you. Ward is more than capable of keeping AA at range, but eventually AA will try and force a fight.

Like he did vs Dirrell, and Dirrell was begining to fold, and put on ***** street.

He tried it with Froch, but Froch just answered back with solid shots.

I personally dont think Ward can handle those explosions like Froch did. And he will go down the Dirrell route and be put on ***** street in the last few rounds.

Ward UD is the safest bet, but a come from behind KO by AA is something that I think is very possible with Ward.

This would be a better fight than Froch vs Abraham, or Ward vs Bika.
Old 11-28-2010, 06:22 PM   #30
realsoulja
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk View Post
I think people will be suprised come fight time. Many people here are doing the typical posturing, and now will totally write AA off, but once the bell rings, Ward is going to have his hands full I feel, and while one would have to favor Ward, I will not at all, not at all, be suprised, if AA wins this fight. I think its funny how bad people are talking about AA right now and now saying hes got no shot against Ward (just look at posts on AA literally a week ago to see the complete opposite of opinions on AA )

AA is a very dangerous fight for Ward, I think Ward should probably win that UD, but certain dimensions to this fight make it very, very interesting.
This is what I am saying.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum