Old 11-28-2010, 07:08 PM   #61
realsoulja
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Abraham would put Ward on queer street

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplosive View Post
AA is my boy, and I'd LOOOVE to see him put Ward in a coma... BUT... he just made Froch look like a boxing genius.

I cant imagine what he's gonna make Ward look like.
Froch will look better than Ward, when AA is the common opponent.

Froch is tough, tougher than Ward, bigger and used his reach well.

Ward has speed and skill, but aint got a major reach and height to keep Abraham off him for 36 minutes.
realsoulja is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2010, 07:10 PM   #62
conraddobler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1847

Quote:
Originally Posted by realsoulja View Post
Froch tried not to get into the inside, and was caught with counter left hooks when he lunged in round 2/3. I said, if Ward tries to mix it up in the inside, he would be caught and put on queer street eventually.

And maybe end up crying like Dirrell, but Ward seems more of a man than Dirrell, so I think he wont cry.

I agree, but what I am saying is, AA was dealt with by Froch and Dirrell from far range. Ward is more of an inside guy, so I give AA a better chance because eventually Ward will be in range.

That's not what you're saying. You're saying "AA would put Ward on queer street". That's the title of this thread.
conraddobler is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2010, 07:15 PM   #63
realsoulja
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by conraddobler View Post
That's not what you're saying. You're saying "AA would put Ward on queer street". That's the title of this thread.
The thread title was to draw in opinions. People think it would be a walk in the park for Ward after watching Froch do what he did.

But styles make fights, and Ward aint Froch when it comes to toughness, power, range and work rate.

And Froch aint Ward when it comes to speed, skill and inside mauling.

AA will have better success vs Ward, and AA being a big puncher shouldnt be given success in this trade or you get KTFO, or put on queer street.
Old 11-28-2010, 07:31 PM   #64
conraddobler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
The thread title was to draw in opinions. People think it would be a walk in the park for Ward after watching Froch do what he did.

But styles make fights, and Ward aint Froch when it comes to toughness, power, range and work rate.

And Froch aint Ward when it comes to speed, skill and inside mauling.

AA will have better success vs Ward, and AA being a big puncher shouldnt be given success in this trade or you get KTFO, or put on queer street.
What makes you think Ward couldn't rough up AA on the inside? AA of the high guard? Fight inside?

Sakio Bika is freakishly strong and threw about 100 hay-makers at Ward last night. None of them landed, because Ward has superb defense.

And Sakio Bika can fight on the inside. He's rather good at it.

But Arthur? Ever seen him fight on the inside?

Second, what makes you think Arthur would ever connect on Ward with one of his ridiculous, wide and looping hay-makers? Froch -- not known for his defense -- evaded them all night.
Old 11-28-2010, 07:44 PM   #65
realsoulja
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
What makes you think Ward couldn't rough up AA on the inside? AA of the high guard? Fight inside?

Sakio Bika is freakishly strong and threw about 100 hay-makers at Ward last night. None of them landed, because Ward has superb defense.

And Sakio Bika can fight on the inside. He's rather good at it.

But Arthur? Ever seen him fight on the inside?

Second, what makes you think Arthur would ever connect on Ward with one of his ridiculous, wide and looping hay-makers? Froch -- not known for his defense -- evaded them all night.
Some solid points.

I aint ever seen AA roughed up in the inside, but AA has a better chance if his opponent comes to him in the inside, than jab him off at long range.

This is why I think Froch will look better than Ward, with AA as a common opponent.

AA is a strong man, and has heart. And he aint exactly a haymaker puncher he has a good straight right, aswell as a decent left hook and when he aint being outboxed at long range, he can put togethor decent combos. I dont think AA will allow Ward to maul him in the inside, he would respond in the same way.

Ward's best way is to be in and out, and use angles with his better footwork. If he stays in AA's range for too long he will get hurt and put on queer street eventually because AA carries his power to the final bell.
Old 11-28-2010, 07:54 PM   #66
conraddobler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Some solid points.

I aint ever seen AA roughed up in the inside, but AA has a better chance if his opponent comes to him in the inside, than jab him off at long range.

This is why I think Froch will look better than Ward, with AA as a common opponent.

AA is a strong man, and has heart. And he aint exactly a haymaker puncher he has a good straight right, aswell as a decent left hook and when he aint being outboxed at long range, he can put togethor decent combos. I dont think AA will allow Ward to maul him in the inside, he would respond in the same way.

Ward's best way is to be in and out, and use angles with his better footwork. If he stays in AA's range for too long he will get hurt and put on queer street eventually because AA carries his power to the final bell.

AA's range is, it turns out, not all that dynamic. He doesn't fight on the inside. He doesn't fight on the outside. He likes it just right.

Jermain Taylor stood right in front of him, not too close, not too far, and didn't move an inch. It was just right for AA.

If we learned something about AA last night, isn't it that he's not a very skilled boxer. At all. Didn't we learn that? (I also learned that he is a veritable midget)

And here you are making an argument that he'll knock out Ward, a guy who, exciting or not, is a very skilled and eminently crafty and elusive boxer. Who just beat a guy who is perhaps twice as strong as AA.

I'm not persuaded by your analysis, although I do see where you're coming from.
Old 11-28-2010, 08:01 PM   #67
rocky538
Lineal Champion
ESB Senior Member

Abraham rather go back to Middlweight than get roughed up by Ward.
rocky538 is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2010, 08:02 PM   #68
realsoulja
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
AA's range is, it turns out, not all that dynamic. He doesn't fight on the inside. He doesn't fight on the outside. He likes it just right.

Jermain Taylor stood right in front of him, not too close, not too far, and didn't move an inch. It was just right for AA.

If we learned something about AA last night, isn't it that he's not a very skilled boxer. At all. Didn't we learn that? (I also learned that he is a veritable midget)

And here you are making an argument that he'll knock out Ward, a guy who, exciting or not, is a very skilled and eminently crafty and elusive boxer. Who just beat a guy who is perhaps twice as strong as AA.

I'm not persuaded by your analysis, although I do see where you're coming from.
Maybe I am over rating AA's strength at SMW, but I think he can be effective in the clinch with Ward. This is something to be found out though. And his major weakness is being boxed at long range, in the inside he will have better success.

Still its early, once the fight is comfirmed and closer it would be better and clearer to understand once AA gets hyped by fight camp 360.
Old 11-28-2010, 08:04 PM   #69
Auracle21
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 14814

the jealousy of ward is beginning to hit really high levels. he must be doing something right
Auracle21 is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2010, 08:18 PM   #70
conraddobler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Maybe I am over rating AA's strength at SMW, but I think he can be effective in the clinch with Ward. This is something to be found out though. And his major weakness is being boxed at long range, in the inside he will have better success.

Still its early, once the fight is comfirmed and closer it would be better and clearer to understand once AA gets hyped by fight camp 360.
There's another possibility: Arthur Abraham is even worse on the inside than he is when kept at range. At least from a distance he has the "high guard". What on earth will he do when Ward starts roughing him on the inside, punching him in the belly (he hates when people do that!), and generally making life very difficult for him?

Ward might even knock him out from an accumulation of vicious uppercuts and body blows on an Arthur Abraham who has no idea whatever how to fight on the inside.

I'm rather looking forward to this! Stay in AA, stay in!
Old 11-28-2010, 08:22 PM   #71
sosolid4u09
4 8 15 16 23 42
East Side Guru

michigan warrior has some balls posting after last night.

didnt you predict abraham would KTFO carl froch?! EUROBUM.

Your quickly becoming the DUMMEST most JOKE of a poster on ESB. Give respect where its due ffs. put your bias aside for a second. stop being so ****in insulting despite you being the guy who gets owned on here 24/7. your asking for it.
sosolid4u09 is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2010, 07:43 AM   #72
realsoulja
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auracle21 View Post
the jealousy of ward is beginning to hit really high levels. he must be doing something right
What u talkin about
Old 11-29-2010, 09:00 AM   #73
laffie
Montreal
East Side Guru

vCash: 2100

The only thing I see is Ward's lack of power. Abraham may be less on the back foot than against Froch.

I think it will be an easy fight for Ward, if he doesn't try to be ****y and to exchange at mid-range with Abraham.
laffie is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2010, 09:07 AM   #74
The Mongoose
THROW SOME THUNDAAAH!!!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 258

Nah, despite his power Abraham isn't much of an infighter. I can see Ward's smothering frustrating him badly. However, Abraham is a very dangerous man, and if Ward fails to protect himself at any given time could get caught and hurt. I would favor Ward by an ugly decision, but we would be foolish to completely write Abraham off, he's a live underdog.
The Mongoose is offline  Top
Old 03-04-2011, 01:50 PM   #75
realsoulja
Champion
East Side Guru

Abraham will put Ward on queer street

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum