Old 11-29-2010, 02:06 PM   #31
DOM5153
They Cannot Run Forever
East Side Guru

vCash: 7562
Default Re: You have to KO Andre Ward to have a chance in OAKLAND

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitta_Squadup View Post
What difference does it make, he soundly beat every opponent he has faced, regardless of scorecards that are a bit off, not Kessler, Green nor Bika would claim they were robbed and actually won.

With the headbutting please it's all in the game and they are not intentional, if you can't stand the heat get out the kitchen it's boxing and it's not Wards fault his team has superior negotiating skills and has gotten all his fights at home, quit whinning and just continue to pray that he looses.
I cant believe your saying that...

When Ricky Hatton does it he is called a dirty fighter when Andre Ward does it people call him a technician and "adaptable", give me a break. Ward is a very talented fighter but it fustrates me no end that he goes about his work with some very unneccersary traits like the butts, the elbows and the holding to name just a few. It also pisses me off that he beat my favourate fighter but not for the conventional reason but for the fact he has most likely halted Kesslers career with the illegal use of his head and the ref let the little cheating **** get away with it.

Like a few have said you will have to KO Ward just to get a draw in Oakland and you will have to be KO'd by an illegal blow just for him to be deducted a point.
DOM5153 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2010, 02:18 PM   #32
HENDO
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Man, he beat the shit outta Kessler. Kessler looked like an amateur.
HENDO is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2010, 02:24 PM   #33
DOM5153
They Cannot Run Forever
East Side Guru

vCash: 7562

Quote:
Originally Posted by HENDO View Post
Man, he beat the shit outta Kessler. Kessler looked like an amateur.
Dont really give two shits if he beat Kessler, my gripe is that he could have done it without the headbutts
DOM5153 is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2010, 02:46 PM   #34
David UK
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain&Northern Ireland
vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Govanmauler View Post
I've said it before, If Ward wont meet Froch on neautral ground Froch would be insane to fight him !

Fight ward in the US and you may as well just hand him the belt.
I agree. The fight must be in a neutral country to have any credibility.

Ward is the American version of Sven Ottke
David UK is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2010, 02:48 PM   #35
Dracon
Frédéric Bastiat
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaliBua View Post
Did you see Ward crying when he tasted his own medicine when Bika brought the rough house tactics to h im? It was pathetic.
Indeed!
Dracon is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2010, 01:05 PM   #36
time
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Ward is being very carefully managed. The last thing he wants is to find himself in a hard fight away from home where he cant rely on biased officials to bail him out if things go pear shaped. There are certain tactics he uses and he uses them because he knows he can get away with them.
time is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2010, 01:27 PM   #37
BoxingFanNo1
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2650

To those supporting this you do realise the value of a Ward tournament win will be greatly diminished if he fights exclusively at home? The homecooking and relaxation of rule enforcement is already there for all to see.

If Froch - Ward is in the states I hope Froch tells them to **** off.
BoxingFanNo1 is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2010, 01:44 PM   #38
Goodhill
Iron Horse - born to lose
ESB Addict

Yes - you probably have to get KO Ward if the fight is in Oakland, but since Ward´s next opponent is AA it doesn´t matter. AA won´t be able to win Ward on points anywhere, he´s only chance is KO.

Ward - Froch should be in neutral zone - preferably in Helsinki (Froch gets extra boost in here watching people jumping off buildings).
Goodhill is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2010, 02:49 PM   #39
booradley
Mean People Kick Ass!
East Side VIP

vCash: 622

Referee Jack Reiss admitted that he saw Ward hit Kessler with 5 head butts. He claimed he did not take action because he thought they were accidental. The rules do not allow the referee to stand idle and do nothing just because he thinks a head butt is accidental. Reiss is an experienced ref who no doubt knows exactly what the rules are.

If the ref thinks a head butt is intentional, he can take a point without a warning, and he has the ability to take two points instead of one if he thinks it was particularly malicious.

In the case of accidental head butts the ref is suppose to issue a couple of verbal warnings. If it continues, take a poiint. If the fighter does not behave, take two points, and then a disqualifiaction.

Based on what Reiss admitted that he saw with his own eyes he should have disqualified Ward in the Kessler fight.

In the Adamek/Arreola fight Reiss did an outstanding job. In the Ward/Kessler fight he turned a blind eye to at least a dozen fouls. I wonder why?
booradley is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2010, 03:26 PM   #40
Merciless
Journeyman

vCash: 1205

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitta_Squadup View Post
If i were Ward i would love all this hate, it means he's doing a tremendous job, undefeated Champion, on my way to winning the supersix, man it must be nice, people waiting for his downfall and to continue to dissapoint you marks has to feel great.
Commas and periods are not interchangeable.
Merciless is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2010, 03:26 PM   #41
John18
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Can't see Froch putting up with the dirty tactics. Maybe he'll catch Ward with an uppercut when he leads with the head?

I think AA will go down swinging against Ward, he has nothing to lose now.
John18 is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2010, 04:10 PM   #42
Reppin501
The People's Champ
East Side Guru

My question to anyone on this thread is which of these three fights, whether in Oakland, New York, New Orleans, or Little Rock, AR would Ward have "lost"? I mean honestly which of these fights did you feel Ward was beaten, if the answer is none...then who why do you give a shit where they fight or what the scores are, the bottom line is the right guy won in all three instances, would anyone disagree with that?
Reppin501 is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2010, 04:17 PM   #43
Reppin501
The People's Champ
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by booradley View Post
Referee Jack Reiss admitted that he saw Ward hit Kessler with 5 head butts. He claimed he did not take action because he thought they were accidental. The rules do not allow the referee to stand idle and do nothing just because he thinks a head butt is accidental. Reiss is an experienced ref who no doubt knows exactly what the rules are.

If the ref thinks a head butt is intentional, he can take a point without a warning, and he has the ability to take two points instead of one if he thinks it was particularly malicious.

In the case of accidental head butts the ref is suppose to issue a couple of verbal warnings. If it continues, take a poiint. If the fighter does not behave, take two points, and then a disqualifiaction.

Based on what Reiss admitted that he saw with his own eyes he should have disqualified Ward in the Kessler fight.

In the Adamek/Arreola fight Reiss did an outstanding job. In the Ward/Kessler fight he turned a blind eye to at least a dozen fouls. I wonder why?
I don't really see what you would propose that Ward do differently, he is an inside fighter in some instances, do they not tell fighters to "protect themselves at all times" prior to releasing them back to their corners? I watched ward on multiple occassions Saturday night, defending himself from a clash of heads, Kesslar could have done this if their styles were going to make this an issue. When you fight close, things happen, but to somehow act as if Ward "fouled" the man is a biased take. He beat his ass convincingly, I don't know why you would want to take anything away from a kid who has invested so much into his craft, it doesn't make any sense to me. He beat the shit out of Kesslar, with or without the clashing of heads, he still beat the living dogshit out of him...is there any denying that?
Reppin501 is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2010, 04:18 PM   #44
stevieb
Journeyman

Ward would never fight in England,Germany or even Finland.
stevieb is offline  Top
Old 12-02-2010, 08:03 AM   #45
Smacked
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reppin501 View Post
My question to anyone on this thread is which of these three fights, whether in Oakland, New York, New Orleans, or Little Rock, AR would Ward have "lost"? I mean honestly which of these fights did you feel Ward was beaten, if the answer is none...then who why do you give a shit where they fight or what the scores are, the bottom line is the right guy won in all three instances, would anyone disagree with that?
Thinks dont work so simply. Who knows, the fights may have been very different in a different location, the travelling fighter may be taken out of their comfort zone in lots of ways, surroundings, travel, food, unfamiliar circumstances, add to that very hostile crowds and officials who are usually leaning toward the home fighter, some fighters can handle this better than others but whatever the case its usually much tougher to get a result in your opponents backyard so to say someone will automatically have the same level of performance or win away just because they won at home it way off line imo
Smacked is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum