Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 07-18-2010, 05:20 PM   #1
Consu
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Light welterweight Ville Piispanen - The new European Union champion

Finnish Ville Piispanen (14-1) has just won EBU-EU title in Italy! We are going to hear much more about this guy! Ville owns lot of potential. He is still young: Only 26. Keep an eye on him! But something about match: His opponent was hometown hero Emanuelle De Prophetis (15-3). Piispanen took the command of the match in the very first round. Piispanen fought behind his fast jab and what I have read he won every round before fight was stopped by the corner of Italian in the fourth round. They wanted to save their man from more punishment. That was good performance by Piispanen!

Before match Piispanen's team mentioned that there is no chance to go to the scorecards cause it's Italy.. You never know what happens..

Ville Piispanen in action ( [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] ) : [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6jJj0RZMSA[/ame]

Guys, what do you think?

Last edited by Consu; 07-18-2010 at 08:55 PM.
Consu is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2010, 11:22 AM   #2
Consu
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: Light welterweight Ville Piispanen - The new European Union champion

Today Ville Piispanen will defend his EU-title against Daniel Rasilla!
Consu is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2010, 04:08 PM   #3
Geronic
Journeyman

vCash: 972
Default Re: Light welterweight Ville Piispanen - The new European Union champion

Ville Piispanen v Daniel Rasilla was a draw. I'am surprised with this draw but I didn't watch the bout.
Geronic is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2010, 10:53 AM   #4
Brickhaus
Packs the house
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geronic View Post
Ville Piispanen v Daniel Rasilla was a draw. I'am surprised with this draw but I didn't watch the bout.
Good for you. It was a dreadful fight. I thought Rasilla probably won, but I honestly wasn't paying close enough attention to score the fight properly. Both guys were pretty rotten.
Brickhaus is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2010, 11:10 AM   #5
Consu
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brickhaus View Post
Good for you. It was a dreadful fight. I thought Rasilla probably won, but I honestly wasn't paying close enough attention to score the fight properly. Both guys were pretty rotten.
I have heard that many foreigners said that Piispanen-Rasilla was pretty good fight. And I have to agree with them. It was a great fight and I thought Piispanen won cause he was dominating early rounds so easily with his jab.

Fightnews scored fight 116-112 for Piispanen..
Consu is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2010, 01:23 PM   #6
Goodhill
Iron Horse - born to lose
ESB Addict

Piispanen won IMO. Have to watch the fight again though, since I was a bit drunk at time of fight.
Goodhill is offline  Top
Old 12-03-2010, 04:45 AM   #7
Goodhill
Iron Horse - born to lose
ESB Addict

Piispanen vs De Prophetis
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5POtntxekA0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5POtntxekA0[/ame]
Goodhill is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2012, 10:15 PM   #8
Consu
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Piispanen coming back this year!
Consu is offline  Top
Old 09-25-2012, 05:57 AM   #9
VHB
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000

Piispanen is done.

His training is what it is, he is simply going to cash out on this Daws fight.

I hope he will cash out again and finish his career by providing a Finnish Welterweight challenge for Jussi Koivula.

This is the ideal way to work it. Piispanen will get some cash and Koivula will get the EBU rankings.

You know I´m right.

The only problem in this scenario is, that if Piispanen ends up losing big time to Daws, while looking like ****, he won´t keep his EBU rating and Koivula would not benefit that much from beating him.

Hopefully Piispanen loses via points or puts up a good struggle in Britain, so that he can still be fed to his team-mates as a good scalp.

However, I doubt P3 has the guts to do a strong and clever move like this, for some unexplainable reason they always seem to find some guy from Argentina or Hungary that nobody gives a damn about.

Oh, and saying you must keep guys up instead of eliminating each other - is NOT a good argument. Because there are at least 5-6 decent Finnish light welter/welter guys, and it´s VERY OBVIOUS they can´t be all taken forward on their careers. So please, eliminate some of them against each other. That would mean ACTION. Fighting bums twice a year doesn´t.

Koivula - Piispanen OR Koivula - Joensuu
Myllylä - Putkonen
Tatli - Eronen
Rosberg - Katajisto

Eemeli Katajisto could step up by fighting Sami Selesmaa (if you can´t beat him, you will never be anything)

etc...

And yes, I know Eronen is ****. But their fight could provide Edis with decent tune-up opponent for some bigger fight, while Eronen could fight a boxer instead of trying to knock out some Romanian pizza service man. These fights would be damn lot better than any of them against some unknown Mexican glass-jawed security worker.

Last edited by VHB; 09-25-2012 at 06:09 AM.
VHB is offline  Top
Old 10-13-2012, 04:07 PM   #10
Consu
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I hope this title repeats itself after this night Piispanen facing Lenny Daws tonight for the EU-title
Consu is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum