Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 12-06-2010, 06:20 PM   #1
Johnny Boy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Another Mundine thread

Just thought I'd start another Mundine thread to add to the others.

I was in two minds about the way in which Mundine was running his career, ie. bank the $$$ with safe fights and minimal risk at the expense of testing himself and having some sort of legacy at the end of it.

Katsidis put it all on the line and barely had half the threads that Mundine has in the lead up to his fight. And afterwards half the posters are saying that Kats should hang 'em up.

I guess Choc & Khoder had it right all along.
Johnny Boy is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2010, 06:33 PM   #2
fistsof steel
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: Another Mundine thread

Lotta people said Mundine should have retired when Ottke knocked him out,but instead he decided to stay at home and fight Patsy's and Argentina Cab drivers,most knowledgable Boxing fans are well aware of that and he has lost all respect for his antics,his only supporters now are peole who would not know any better,hope Kat's does not go down His path.!!!
fistsof steel is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2010, 06:43 PM   #3
Rodin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

I guess it's these regurgitated threads that prove that a mug & his money is soon parted.

We keep asking why do they do it,,,,,in threads like these,,,,sort of paints a picture don't it?
Rodin is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2010, 06:44 PM   #4
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Boy View Post
Just thought I'd start another Mundine thread to add to the others.

I was in two minds about the way in which Mundine was running his career, ie. bank the $$$ with safe fights and minimal risk at the expense of testing himself and having some sort of legacy at the end of it.

Katsidis put it all on the line and barely had half the threads that Mundine has in the lead up to his fight. And afterwards half the posters are saying that Kats should hang 'em up.

I guess Choc & Khoder had it right all along.
a bit sad isnt it.i suppose his reputation as a bigmouth and braggart helped him you know'the man you love to hate' so people watch to see him get knocked out.i havent bought a Mundine fight since Geale,Taylor before
that dont know why.but before that Soliman 2.Katsidis
fights regardless of whether he wins or loses are 10x as
exciting but no one knows him.i guess controversy sells.
as for Kats hanging them up the US and Brits love his style.plenty of big fights for him hes a crowd pleaser.he gets hit a lot because he fights a high standard opposition thats what people who say he should hang them up probably mean.so he doesnt sustain long term damage.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2010, 01:37 AM   #5
sallywinder
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

in mundogs defence, some blinkered historians will probably be point out that mundog had only eight (?) fights before he was put in a coma by ottke. they will also claim mundine was in front at the stoppage. they will contend that it was lack of boxing experience that led to his loss....

they will however, leave out the fact that mundog was taught boxing by a father that in this day and age would be a three time world champ. that munpup was a kid that learned to jab at the age of three.....

they wont tell future generations that mundog hung around gyms all his life, sparring often. they might forget that he fought amauer overseas...

we all know different. mundog was a boxer all his life.

mundog tested himself against the best he could find in kessler, ottke, and siaca...how did he go? beaten!!!! not b
sallywinder is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum