Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 12-08-2010, 06:56 PM   #1
The Kirwan Kid
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Time to get Paid!

After Mundine's loss last night - and to be honest it wasn't that much of a shock considering Wood was always going to make it a brawl - it may give a few Aussies the opportunity to make some cash.

Mundine has always been able to get fighst a. because he had a title to take b. Aussie fighters get more exposure and c. they get paid more than they do fighting other guys on bills (i.e Nasser hussein would have only ever made around $25K for his best paid fight while in his prime).

Now that Mundine is cap in hand it's time for the likes of Daniel Geale to offer him a rematch (and make some cash for himself), Danny Green to do the same (Lord knows he needs something!), or Bika to call him out. He'll be looking to make amends - although I think he's shot to be honest - and will either a. want to test himself or b. make as much cash as possible in as short an amount of time.

Be interesting to see who puts their hands up.
The Kirwan Kid is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2010, 07:12 PM   #2
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 346
Default Re: Time to get Paid!

Bika was at the weigh in calling Mundine out and you could hear the dissapointment in Geales voice when Woods knocked Mundine out imo, i think he knows his shot at a rematch is gone, Mundine will not fight anyone risky from this point forward if he contuines imo. The Garth fight almost wasnt going to happen , Mundine didnt want to fight Woods but some back door negotiations managed to make it happen.

I think the rumors about Mundine not wanting to fight Woods were true because Woods touched on it in the post fight interview.

Mundine has never had any lack of local fighters wanting a crack at him, its only likely to increase now everyones watched Garth knock him out but in saying that i already feel he was the most highly sought after opponent for locals on our shore, the reason being is no fighter in aussie can make the money in australia fighting anyone other than Mundine or Green, both these guys pay the top dollar, upto 250k per fight.

Danny made 30k i think for his first world title fight so what these guys are making is the best they are going to get, they have all been after the gravy train in Mundine
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2010, 07:36 PM   #3
fistsof steel
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Been dodging Bika for years,he has always been to dangerous.!!!!
fistsof steel is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2010, 07:41 PM   #4
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

Can't see Mundine continuing to make big $$$ if he continues on.

People are wise to him and last night's result let the whole of Australia know he's a joke.
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2010, 07:45 PM   #5
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 970

Lesser profile fighters will still see Mundine as a comparatively big pay day, and after last night they'll also now see him as more beatable.

If the Mundine circus does continue it won't be the Barnum & Bailey 3 ring bigtop anymore.

....more like Sideshow Bob.
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2010, 07:50 PM   #6
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

...and we'll hear circa 2002-2004 excuses being used again:

"I ain't none of these bums retirement fund"

"They all lining up to fight me cuz I da money man"

...and so on...