Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 12-09-2010, 04:39 AM   #1
dragovic

vCash: 500
Default Anthony Mundine Defeated by Reality TV star

Garth Woods has had 12 fights the bout should not of even been sanctioned, this shit is hilarious
dragovic is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2010, 04:48 AM   #2
T.C.W
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Anthony Mundine Defeated by Reality TV star

He is finished now mundine, this is what happens when you disrepect your body when you get older.
T.C.W is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2010, 05:04 AM   #3
dragovic

if he had any go, which he dosnt, he'd move straight to the USA get serious and work his way up as a contender and never look back at Australia. However his never had to work like a contender, his always had easy (interim) world title fights made for him and been matched against bums.
Nows his going to rematch woods and fight some other interim world title bum and make some bullxshit record claim about winning titles moving down weight. Fuking hell the cnts never even won a proper alphabet soup world title
dragovic is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2010, 05:11 AM   #4
kel
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

The cunts 35yrs old, he's finished.
kel is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2010, 05:14 AM   #5
dragovic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kel View Post
The cunts 35yrs old, he's finished.
mate we can only hope, he'll rematch woods on ppv early next years his a fuking con artist
dragovic is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2010, 05:16 AM   #6
T.C.W
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragovic View Post
if he had any go, which he dosnt, he'd move straight to the usa get serious and work his way up as a contender and never look back at australia. However his never had to work like a contender, his always had easy (interim) world title fights made for him and been matched against bums.
Nows his going to rematch woods and fight some other interim world title bum and make some bullxshit record claim about winning titles moving down weight. Fuking hell the cnts never even won a proper alphabet soup world title
are you serious, really.

If you are you know zero about boxing and how it works. Mundine is a multi millionaire from boxing and only had 1 meaningful outside of australia.

Mundine problem is he talked like sugar ray robinson but only fought like a very good top 10 168 fighter in his prime which was between 2005 and 2008.

Boxing = money and mundine did well in that department but he not a all time great fighter.
T.C.W is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2010, 05:21 AM   #7
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 346

Best part of this is both Billy H and Jeff Fenech now have a guy whos knocked out cumdine, its a promoters dream come true, the only problem is Garth fights like a retard and he will get defeated by most of the top 10 middlweights in this country hahaha priceless, you reap what you sow and poor Danny would be chewing his pillows at night at regret he didnt come down in weight and get it on, People will forever say Garth Woods did it why couldnt Danny CatchweightIBO Green? because he is just as much of a fraud as cumdine.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2010, 05:35 AM   #8
dragovic

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.C.W View Post
are you serious, really.

If you are you know zero about boxing and how it works. Mundine is a multi millionaire from boxing and only had 1 meaningful outside of australia.

Mundine problem is he talked like sugar ray robinson but only fought like a very good top 10 168 fighter in his prime which was between 2005 and 2008.

Boxing = money and mundine did well in that department but he not a all time great fighter.
mate i said if he had any go, which he obviously dosn't. theres no doubt he'll end his career fighting in australia
dragovic is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2010, 09:35 PM   #9
left jab danny
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 13001

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
Best part of this is both Billy H and Jeff Fenech now have a guy whos knocked out cumdine, its a promoters dream come true, the only problem is Garth fights like a retard and he will get defeated by most of the top 10 middlweights in this country hahaha priceless, you reap what you sow and poor Danny would be chewing his pillows at night at regret he didnt come down in weight and get it on, People will forever say Garth Woods did it why couldnt Danny CatchweightIBO Green? because he is just as much of a fraud as cumdine.
Gee people will forever say Garth beat Mundine but Danny couldn't..lol and you have the nerve to say other people on this forum don't know shit about boxing
So I'm guessing if i use your theory, Danny KO'D RJJ in 122secs yet a fighter like James Toney couldn't lay a glove on Roy ROFLMAO!!
I wonder if Americans rate Danny over James based on that result?
Anyone with a brain would know Mundine's reflexes had slowed up with age just like RJJ..
I also have to laugh at you calling Green a fraud,coming from you a guy who promised so much but never quite delivered in fact you never even made your much anticipated debut as a pro!
We read about it for 7 years but it never got off the ground did it?
So give it a rest when talking about Danny being a fraud he's won titles in 3 divs where as you couldn't win your state amateur title so please give it a rest princess.
left jab danny is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2010, 09:51 PM   #10
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru

Im saying Danny could have done what Garth did LJD. I think you missread what ive wrote. If Danny had met Cumdine half way he would have skun him like a rabbit imo and i still think Danny is a fraud, please prove me wrong.

1. He did not win the Crusierweight title fighting a true Crusierweight.
2. He hasnt fought a true Crusierweight and didnt do so till BJ flores.
3. He has the Lowly IBO crusierweight title, which is worthless in the states.
4. He can not defeat ANY of the current top 3 Crusierweight belt holders.
5. He is making a mockery of the sport. Siaca, Briggs etc

Im a boxing fan and like others im entitled to have an opinion and your entitled to dissagree but brining up stuff about me personally is just a desprate act and you know it. You bag Mundine but you wouldnt last 2 rounds against 3/4 of the guys he has fought but i dont bring this up as its irevelant to the conversation and it just trolling.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2010, 10:17 PM   #11
left jab danny
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 13001

First things first TY I'm a friend of Dannys so when you start labelling him a fraud i take offence.
The guy has worked his arse off to get were he is so since you think its fair to slag him off i thought i'd show you how easy it is to rip into someones achivements from behind a keyboard.
I don't have a problem with you saying his ibo belt is just a trinket,we all know its not 1 of the major belts but he won the legit WBA belt,he beat Lucas in front of his home crowd,he got robbed in Germany and brought one of the biggest fights to our shores with RJJ and then KO'D him in 2mins yet he's still a fraud?
Maybe just maybe the guy has over achived and done really well for himself in the sport considering he isn't blessed with amazing boxing skills or blazing hand speed and reflexes.
Have you ever thought to yourself that the guy has got the absoloute most out of himself?
I understand your going to have a crack at him for fighting Briggs and Siaca thats fair play but the guy is almost 38 and hen just beat a undeafeated Mexican-American who was 7 years younger and a fair bit heavier yet you stilled tried to down play Flores's abilty despite the fact you placed a bet on him.
I'm hoping that Danny might be able to get the polish champ down here in the middle of next year theres been a bit of talk between the camps so fingers crossed.
left jab danny is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2010, 11:29 PM   #12
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru

Ok mate tell me this then and please try not be bias,

Why did Danny win the WBA LHW belt, never defend it then retires only to come out of retirment 18 months later and win the lowly IBO crusierweight belt?

Isnt that taking a huge step backwards and not in the right direction if credibility and legacy is what drives Danny Green, lets not forget LJD that he did say he wasnt coming back for the money, why is it then you cant see what he is doing and just how wrong it really is?

Katsidis and co are not getting the media they deserve because of guys like Danny Green and Mundine, if and when Danny does the right thing again i will back him as i did when he fought Beyer but until then he is no better than cumdine.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2010, 11:50 PM   #13
PorkChopExpress
Champion of the Universe
ESB Senior Member

You can't blame the fighters for capitalising on the state of the sport in this country. Mundine AND Green can not be touted as anything but successful in what they've set out to achieve. Despite what they've said in the media and how they've hyped themselves up etc etc it's not them whose forcing people to cover them in the media or buy their crappy PPV's and so on...

They aren't ripping the public off, the public are getting what they pay for and if you're stupid enough to still, after this long, particularly with Mundine, buy into the charade, then you're not in it for the sport of boxing, you're in it to follow a circus of entertainment, which to the general public is all that this is.

These guys have seen an opportunity to give average Joe something watchable to get invested in and pay for and they've run with it.

It doesn't excuse what they've done to the sport here, in most ways you can argue they've done wonders for it, but they aren't even a blip on the radar in the world scale of things - even with a win over RJJ Green doesn't pop up on the forum anymore than any of the other Cruisers out there and Mundine barely pops up at all.

Even the headline "Mundine defeated by Reality TV star" probably flashes dollar signs in the Man's eyes.

What's surprising is how people are STILL surprised by the shit that's going on. I was a deadset fan of his until just after he KO'ed Soliman, but even I can see that it's all over now and he's just collecting money until the day he retires, which is possibly even further away now than it was before he was KOed by Wood.

The time to get over it has long past and if you're still banging on about it you've bought into the circus as much as any of the other suckers out there.
PorkChopExpress is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2010, 12:01 AM   #14
stiflers mum
Gartlett nuthugger #1
East Side Guru

vCash: 700

Quote:
Originally Posted by left jab danny View Post
First things first TY I'm a friend of Dannys so when you start labelling him a fraud i take offence.
The guy has worked his arse off to get were he is so since you think its fair to slag him off i thought i'd show you how easy it is to rip into someones achivements from behind a keyboard.
I don't have a problem with you saying his ibo belt is just a trinket,we all know its not 1 of the major belts but he won the legit WBA belt,he beat Lucas in front of his home crowd,he got robbed in Germany and brought one of the biggest fights to our shores with RJJ and then KO'D him in 2mins yet he's still a fraud?
Maybe just maybe the guy has over achived and done really well for himself in the sport considering he isn't blessed with amazing boxing skills or blazing hand speed and reflexes.
Have you ever thought to yourself that the guy has got the absoloute most out of himself?
I understand your going to have a crack at him for fighting Briggs and Siaca thats fair play but the guy is almost 38 and hen just beat a undeafeated Mexican-American who was 7 years younger and a fair bit heavier yet you stilled tried to down play Flores's abilty despite the fact you placed a bet on him.
I'm hoping that Danny might be able to get the polish champ down here in the middle of next year theres been a bit of talk between the camps so fingers crossed.
good news if hes going for the WBC belt.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2010, 12:07 AM   #15
Johnny Boy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorkChopExpress View Post
You can't blame the fighters for capitalising on the state of the sport in this country. Mundine AND Green can not be touted as anything but successful in what they've set out to achieve. Despite what they've said in the media and how they've hyped themselves up etc etc it's not them whose forcing people to cover them in the media or buy their crappy PPV's and so on...

They aren't ripping the public off, the public are getting what they pay for and if you're stupid enough to still, after this long, particularly with Mundine, buy into the charade, then you're not in it for the sport of boxing, you're in it to follow a circus of entertainment, which to the general public is all that this is.

These guys have seen an opportunity to give average Joe something watchable to get invested in and pay for and they've run with it.

It doesn't excuse what they've done to the sport here, in most ways you can argue they've done wonders for it, but they aren't even a blip on the radar in the world scale of things - even with a win over RJJ Green doesn't pop up on the forum anymore than any of the other Cruisers out there and Mundine barely pops up at all.

Even the headline "Mundine defeated by Reality TV star" probably flashes dollar signs in the Man's eyes.

What's surprising is how people are STILL surprised by the shit that's going on. I was a deadset fan of his until just after he KO'ed Soliman, but even I can see that it's all over now and he's just collecting money until the day he retires, which is possibly even further away now than it was before he was KOed by Wood.

The time to get over it has long past and if you're still banging on about it you've bought into the circus as much as any of the other suckers out there.
Spot on.
Johnny Boy is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum