Old 12-10-2010, 12:19 AM   #16
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 346
Default Re: Anthony Mundine Defeated by Reality TV star

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorkChopExpress View Post
You can't blame the fighters for capitalising on the state of the sport in this country. Mundine AND Green can not be touted as anything but successful in what they've set out to achieve. Despite what they've said in the media and how they've hyped themselves up etc etc it's not them whose forcing people to cover them in the media or buy their crappy PPV's and so on...

They aren't ripping the public off, the public are getting what they pay for and if you're stupid enough to still, after this long, particularly with Mundine, buy into the charade, then you're not in it for the sport of boxing, you're in it to follow a circus of entertainment, which to the general public is all that this is.

These guys have seen an opportunity to give average Joe something watchable to get invested in and pay for and they've run with it.

It doesn't excuse what they've done to the sport here, in most ways you can argue they've done wonders for it, but they aren't even a blip on the radar in the world scale of things - even with a win over RJJ Green doesn't pop up on the forum anymore than any of the other Cruisers out there and Mundine barely pops up at all.

Even the headline "Mundine defeated by Reality TV star" probably flashes dollar signs in the Man's eyes.

What's surprising is how people are STILL surprised by the shit that's going on. I was a deadset fan of his until just after he KO'ed Soliman, but even I can see that it's all over now and he's just collecting money until the day he retires, which is possibly even further away now than it was before he was KOed by Wood.

The time to get over it has long past and if you're still banging on about it you've bought into the circus as much as any of the other suckers out there.
Great post and as JB said, Spot on
TCboxa is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2010, 12:25 AM   #17
stewy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.C.W View Post
are you serious, really.

If you are you know zero about boxing and how it works. Mundine is a multi millionaire from boxing and only had 1 meaningful outside of australia.

Mundine problem is he talked like sugar ray robinson but only fought like a very good top 10 168 fighter in his prime which was between 2005 and 2008.

Boxing = money and mundine did well in that department but he not a all time great fighter.
on what do you base this? around times you mention the only top 10 guys he fought were Siaca (arguably the weakest title holder at the time) and Kessler. On both occasions he got beaten quite easily, which would indicate that he did not "fight like a very good top 10 fighter"...more like a journeyman/top 25 fighter. the problem with him and many of his followers is that they see all these victories and think he is world class. if you take a horse who has won 20 class 3 races at Esk and put him in the Kentucky Derby we all know what would happen, much like what would happen if Mundine ever grew some balls and fought in the US against genuine top 3 guys. Kessler defeat let him know exactly how far away from world class he was and he has wanted nothing to do with it since
stewy is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2010, 01:48 AM   #18
T.C.W
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewy View Post
on what do you base this? around times you mention the only top 10 guys he fought were Siaca (arguably the weakest title holder at the time) and Kessler. On both occasions he got beaten quite easily, which would indicate that he did not "fight like a very good top 10 fighter"...more like a journeyman/top 25 fighter. the problem with him and many of his followers is that they see all these victories and think he is world class. if you take a horse who has won 20 class 3 races at Esk and put him in the Kentucky Derby we all know what would happen, much like what would happen if Mundine ever grew some balls and fought in the US against genuine top 3 guys. Kessler defeat let him know exactly how far away from world class he was and he has wanted nothing to do with it since
look people, Mundine did not fight in USA because he made more money here. He was a top 10 168 fighter between those years, I'm not saying number 2 or 1 but he was in the top 10. If your in the top 10 in a divison your world class. Boxing is about money.

Mundine made more money here, then he would have in the usa.

He just talked alot of shit. but it made him rich. he beat soliman,green and Geale, echols and competed against kessler. that all he is. not a great fighter. A fighter who was around for a couple years inside the top 10. not 1 or 2 or 3, but around 8 to 12 in the world
T.C.W is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2010, 05:24 AM   #19
fast hands
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.C.W View Post
look people, Mundine did not fight in USA because he made more money here. He was a top 10 168 fighter between those years, I'm not saying number 2 or 1 but he was in the top 10. If your in the top 10 in a divison your world class. Boxing is about money.

Mundine made more money here, then he would have in the usa.

He just talked alot of shit. but it made him rich. he beat soliman,green and Geale, echols and competed against kessler. that all he is. not a great fighter. A fighter who was around for a couple years inside the top 10. not 1 or 2 or 3, but around 8 to 12 in the world

Your voice is getting shrill TC with a hint of desperation.
You feel no one is listeningn . They're not.

Well if you want to count them just Ash from Japan and Anus from France.
fast hands is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2010, 06:21 AM   #20
mike_bngs
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 75

Mundine was always shit! Dropping down two weights at his age was stupid!
mike_bngs is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2010, 06:37 AM   #21
left jab danny
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 10151

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
Ok mate tell me this then and please try not be bias,

Why did Danny win the WBA LHW belt, never defend it then retires only to come out of retirment 18 months later and win the lowly IBO crusierweight belt?

Isnt that taking a huge step backwards and not in the right direction if credibility and legacy is what drives Danny Green, lets not forget LJD that he did say he wasnt coming back for the money, why is it then you cant see what he is doing and just how wrong it really is?

Katsidis and co are not getting the media they deserve because of guys like Danny Green and Mundine, if and when Danny does the right thing again i will back him as i did when he fought Beyer but until then he is no better than cumdine.
On the first issue I'm not really sure why Danny retired,at the time i was like WTF your retiring now!
We all know what he said in the media about waking up in the middle of the night or some shit with a gut feeling or whatever to retire.
To be honest i would like to see him fight Garay just so that once he'd knock him out people people will stop with this bullshit of "Danny retired cause he didn't want to face Garay".
Hugo is a tailor made opponent for Danny with his come forward wide swing punching style
Now i hate to tell you but Danny actually clearly stated that he was coming back for 2 reasons.
1.rematch choc
2.set up his young family with some extra $$$.
So Danny has never said that he isnt coming back for cash,he may have said "money isn't the only reason he came back".
Honestly when he came out of retirement he thought he would have 2 tune up fights b4 taking on choc and basically that was going to be it win lose or draw against choc.
Now onto the IBO belt,after choc said he wasn't interested in a rematch GMP started negotiating with RJJ and the only way for them to get RJJ to agree to a fight was to get a cruiserweight title so he went to America and picked up the IBO trinket belt.
That trinket belt sealed the deal for 1 of the biggest fights on Australian shores.
So while your having a go at him because he gets a bit of media attention when was the last time Kat,Vic and co every brought a fighter like RJJ to Australia?
What about the oppotunities Greeny gives to fighters like young wild Will,Kickett,Garlett,Wills bros and the like?
Ask any fighter thats fought on a GMP card and they will tell you how well they were treated and paid.
left jab danny is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2010, 06:37 AM   #22
mrdoctor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 300

all mundine was,....was a contender.....!good on him...!
but he never made it to champ.....!
only a regular interm title holder....
so close but yet so far....!

Last edited by mrdoctor; 12-10-2010 at 06:40 AM. Reason: spelling
mrdoctor is online now  Top
Old 12-10-2010, 07:17 AM   #23
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 346

Quote:
Originally Posted by left jab danny View Post
On the first issue I'm not really sure why Danny retired,at the time i was like WTF your retiring now!
We all know what he said in the media about waking up in the middle of the night or some shit with a gut feeling or whatever to retire.
To be honest i would like to see him fight Garay just so that once he'd knock him out people people will stop with this bullshit of "Danny retired cause he didn't want to face Garay".
Hugo is a tailor made opponent for Danny with his come forward wide swing punching style
Now i hate to tell you but Danny actually clearly stated that he was coming back for 2 reasons.
1.rematch choc
2.set up his young family with some extra $$$.
So Danny has never said that he isnt coming back for cash,he may have said "money isn't the only reason he came back".
Honestly when he came out of retirement he thought he would have 2 tune up fights b4 taking on choc and basically that was going to be it win lose or draw against choc.
Now onto the IBO belt,after choc said he wasn't interested in a rematch GMP started negotiating with RJJ and the only way for them to get RJJ to agree to a fight was to get a cruiserweight title so he went to America and picked up the IBO trinket belt.
That trinket belt sealed the deal for 1 of the biggest fights on Australian shores.
So while your having a go at him because he gets a bit of media attention when was the last time Kat,Vic and co every brought a fighter like RJJ to Australia?
What about the oppotunities Greeny gives to fighters like young wild Will,Kickett,Garlett,Wills bros and the like?
Ask any fighter thats fought on a GMP card and they will tell you how well they were treated and paid.

With the first issue, it would have been good to see him defend the title a few times, it does raise eyebrows as to why he retired with a legit title that has mandatory defences only to come back and win a title that does not and as such allows him to run a monopoly on such title and pawn his fights off as legit world title fights to the unsuspecting boxing fan out there.

I know Danny was coming back to fight Choc, that to me was a sign that he wanted to redeem the loss and stamp his credibility and legacy in Australian boxing because lets face it LJD, Mundine vs Green was the biggest fight in Australian History for a very long time, bigger than the RJJ fight. Almost every pub was full that night of the Mundine vs Green and brawls broke out across Australia in every state. RJJ was shot to sht, its like trying to bring out Holyfeild etc, i will admit i didnt think Danny could win it but in saying that RJJ had been stopped before and Danny had a punchers chance in doing just that. Props to him for doing so but when you defeat a ledgend you become one and then fight Siaca and Briggs?

The second point about why he come back is wrong mate, ill say it in a nice way cause u seem like a decent bloke and theres no need to take the piss so here it is ..

Quote:
"Money hasn't been the motivation for this comeback.

"If it was about money I would have signed on then and there eight months ago.

"This is about me, this is about pride, this is about squaring up the ledger."

In 2006, Mundine won the first encounter between the pair at super middleweight in a unanimous points decision in front of 30,000 fans at Sydney Football Stadium.

Green and his manager ****** Manolikos met with Mundine's manager Khoder Nasser last week and it seems money will be the only sticking point for Mundine.

"There are two things guaranteed in life - me whipping Danny Green and taxes," Mundine said ahead of his clash with Shannon Taylor on Wednesday.

"I'm a middleweight now and my intentions are to be the undisputed middleweight champion.

"If Green wants to come in and have this fight - obviously he'd want me to jump from middleweight to light heavyweight, which is seven kilos.

"I'm not saying I wouldn't do it but the money's got to be right.

"They pay me what I want, I'll whip that arse again, all day."

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Intresting about what he says in terms of the money and then what cumdine has to say about the sticking point. One would think if Money wasnt the issue with Green and what he said was true then he would fight for practicly nothing just to get cumdine to LHW and knock him the fark out? but alas we have to settle for a retarded crash tackle fighter in Garth Woods to do it all for a measly 350k. I bet you my balls that Cumdine and Kodine would have jumped over hoops if Greens manager come back and said 300k and you guys keep the rest, LHW lets get it on.

Its always been about the money mate, never about the pride for these two im sorry to be the one to point this out to you. I was a huge mundine fan and i mean HUGE, i had to come to this realisation myself a few yrs ago. Ive meet cumdine a few times, ring side at his fights, interviewd him etc but enough is enough, u can only take people for a ride for so long before they wake up and move on. I honestly feel Green is just lke cumdine not as worse but not far from it. And i do think Green would knock cumdine the fark out if they fought at LHW.

The last point mate about kat etc not bringing out the fighters is because these guys dnt have the money or backing to do so, VIC might but he doesnt make enough money doing so, so its not worth it for him, his money is in US of A they love him over there more than they do in Aussie.

In some ways we have cumdine to thank for the RJJ fight because without cumdine vs Green and all the money that Green made from it he would never had been able to pay RJJ 4 million dollars.

Time to move on i rekon and focus on the guys like Katsidis and Vic, Vic has a tough fight coming up and we should all get behind him.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2010, 07:47 PM   #24
Lead Right
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorkChopExpress View Post
What's surprising is how people are STILL surprised by the shit that's going on. I was a deadset fan of his until just after he KO'ed Soliman, but even I can see that it's all over now and he's just collecting money until the day he retires, which is possibly even further away now than it was before he was KOed by Wood.

Agree Pork Chop. And most ppl here know how big a fan I was. After the Solimon KO he was finally in a good position but he wasted his talent and that eventually lost me. Go to the US and fight some top contenders on a co-promotion, or just fight under another promoter. But Team Mundine decided to stay by themselves, possibly tried to get some names but with the money and clauses they were offering couldnít, so then had a heap of so called tune ups. Mundine then constantly foght below level opposition, until the time where his aging RJJ style based on speed and reflexes left him; and got caught by a club fighter.

The sad thing is that a rematch is a good payday by both fighters, and if Miundine wins he will carry on like itís a great achievement.
Lead Right is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 05:08 PM   #25
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

GARTH WOOD!!
swingin is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 05:08 PM   #26
swingin
Belt holder