Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 12-11-2010, 10:50 PM   #1
tommygun711
The Future
East Side Guru

vCash: 102
Default Tim Witherspoon vs Wladimir Klitschko

I think Tim takes this very early. With a right hand bomb. Spoon will set him up with the jab and land that overhand right. I don't think Wlad will take it very well.
Of course, Wlad will have his moments and will measure Spoon with the jab for a couple of rounds.. but the moment Spoon connects with the right, Wlad probably gets hurt. Spoon could punch
tommygun711 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2010, 11:06 PM   #2
MRBILL
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Tim Witherspoon vs Wladimir Klitschko

"The Spoon" of 1983 to 1986 has a punchers chance against current Wlad Klit. However, if Spoon fails to hit paydirt inside of 5 rds, Klit schools and TKO's Spoon late in the fight.. My guess is, Klit stops Spoon in 10 rds...

MR.BILL
MRBILL is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2010, 11:15 PM   #3
Seamus
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Klit TKO10 Spoon.

The Manny-led Klit aint gonna get hit with that looping overhand right and even if he did he would be strong enough mentally to ride it out. Hell, Peter hit him clean with a big right hand in a break during their second fight and Wlad didn't even flinch. Some people act like all you have to do is tap the guy and he breaks apart.
Seamus is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2010, 11:26 PM   #4
tommygun711
The Future
East Side Guru

Peter doesn't compare to a prime spoon

and lets not pretend that wlad is a much better fighter then he was when he was younger, as a younger fighter he threw more combos and was more aggressive and athletic. the new Stewart wlad uses more of a jab and grab approach (with an occasional right hand) to make sure he doesn't get nailed on that glass chin. take a good puncher like spoon and I don't think wlad will win.
People always say that wlad is so much better then before. part of this is because he hasn't faced very good fighters lately and Witherspoon would definitely be the best of the klitschkos opponents.
Old 12-11-2010, 11:33 PM   #5
MRBILL
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

I still rate Wlad Klit at about # 13 and I have Tim Spoon at either # 19 or # 20 on my top-20 ATG heavyweight champ list...... These bastards are the goods if you look at them when they are / were peaked... WORD!

MR.BILL
MRBILL is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2010, 12:19 AM   #6
Seamus
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommygun711 View Post

and lets not pretend that wlad is a much better fighter then he was when he was younger, as a younger fighter he threw more combos and was more aggressive and athletic. the new Stewart wlad uses more of a jab and grab approach (with an occasional right hand) to make sure he doesn't get nailed on that glass chin. take a good puncher like spoon and I don't think wlad will win.
People always say that wlad is so much better then before. part of this is because he hasn't faced very good fighters lately and Witherspoon would definitely be the best of the klitschkos opponents.
In the sense of power only, Peter compares well to Witherspoon. It's not a matter of pretending. The man has heavy, heavy hands.

Wlad is definitely more effective now than earlier. Maybe not as entertaining but his fights are white washes and he keeps the belt and ergo the money. I give Chag, Peter, Byrd and Chambers all decent chances against Spoon. Perhaps you need to remove the rose-tinted glasses. I lived through that dude's career and he could really stink out a joint with his non-efforts, even when winning!
Seamus is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2010, 12:38 AM   #7
MRBILL
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Peter and Spoon BOTH have wicked right hand power.... NO DOUBT! But, in the skill zone, Spoon clearly excells there... WORD!

MR.BILL
MRBILL is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2010, 12:38 AM   #8
Johnstown
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

wlad at 95% beats Witherspoon at 100% 9 out of 10 times....
Johnstown is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2010, 12:48 AM   #9
mr. magoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Tim found weird ways to beat or trouble men that he wasn't supposed to, while Wlad did the same in defeat.... On the surface, Klitschko appears to be the better fighter, but there is quite a bit of padding on that record.... I suppose on most nights, when taking these two at their respective bests, Klit wins a decision, but I can certainly see Witherspoon catching him on an off night, and troubling him even on his best evenings..
mr. magoo is online now  Top
Old 12-12-2010, 01:15 AM   #10
Boxed Ears
Irony Himmler
East Side VIP

vCash: 26665

Quote:

No one has to pretend for that, Tommy. He is. He's just not as offensively impressive looking, throughout the course of a fight.
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2010, 09:17 AM   #11
tommygun711
The Future
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxed Ears View Post
No one has to pretend for that, Tommy. He is. He's just not as offensively impressive looking, throughout the course of a fight.
exactly. I don't see why spoon wouldnt be able to get b the jab and land the right hand. Wlad's style change is because of his glass chin. He look more impressive because of the quality of opposition.
Old 12-12-2010, 09:24 AM   #12
turpinr
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
exactly. I don't see why spoon wouldnt be able to get b the jab and land the right hand. Wlad's style change is because of his glass chin. He look more impressive because of the quality of opposition.
i'm a fan of spoon too.
turpinr is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2010, 09:31 AM   #13
Boxed Ears
Irony Himmler
East Side VIP

Quote:
He looks more impressive because he's more defensively difficult---which is more impressive. He's a better all around fighter. He can still do big damage but his opponents don't see a tenth of the easier openings. Ibragimov, Chagaev and Chambers are all better than Brewster, Puritty and Sanders, imo. When it comes to Puritty, that's not really just an opinion either, I don't think. They're lesser punchers, but higher quality fighters. Oh, and you can't go "exactly" to my disagreeing with you.
Old 12-12-2010, 09:55 AM   #14
Bummy Davis
Champion
East Side Guru

I never thought all that much of Witherspoon, most of his wins were close decisions that could have gone either way and his KO's over Bruno, Gonzales and Ekland were against men that were KO'd or would be. Vlad has superior skills and work rate and dedication...Vlad by a stop
Bummy Davis is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2010, 10:01 AM   #15
Boxed Ears
Irony Himmler
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummy Davis View Post
I never thought all that much of Witherspoon, most of his wins were close decisions that could have gone either way and his KO's over Bruno, Gonzales and Ekland were against men that were KO'd or would be. Vlad has superior skills and work rate and dedication...Vlad by a stop

Ain't that kinda true for most fighters though, Bummy?

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum