TommyV
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1987
Default Re: The boxing equipment thread

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Anybody got these gloves?

And what's peoples experiences with weighted gloves in general? (If anyone has them, worth purchasing?)
TommyV is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2010, 03:39 AM   #122
laurencewhite

vCash: 500

We currently supply our Inflatable Ice Bath product to elite and semi pro athletes and we have started to see the product adopted by more and more athletes to aid recovery after training and competition. I would welcome some feedback from coaches/athletes on whether they currently use ice baths and there comments on the benefits. For further information/protocols/product videos please visit www.whitegoldfitness.com
laurencewhite is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2010, 10:27 AM   #123
peterh
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 250

can someone tell me if these are any good for sparring?

ADIDAS 'SHADOW' BOXING GLOVES 'CLIMACOOL'

peterh is offline  Top
Old 12-18-2010, 01:45 PM   #124
jt22

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYBKJ9Xix-8[/ame]

What is everyones opinion on this as a training aid?
jt22 is offline  Top
Old 12-18-2010, 01:52 PM   #125
jt22

Has anyone got any opinions on this as a boxing training aid?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYBKJ9Xix-8[/ame]

Thanks!
jt22 is offline  Top
Old 12-18-2010, 01:53 PM   #126
jt22

sorry for posting this twice - mistake
jt22 is offline  Top
Old 01-06-2011, 04:01 PM   #127
TheBradyHawkes
۞
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2362

Where can I get a decent speed rope for a tall person? I accidentaly bought a 9 foot rope from the store and it was too short, and then I ordered a 10 foot rope from title and it gets here and is a little better, but still too short for my liking. For someone about 6'5 or 6'6.
TheBradyHawkes is offline  Top
Old 01-06-2011, 08:32 PM   #128
PNoyFightFanUSN
Larry Don't Give a ****
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBradyHawkes View Post
Where can I get a decent speed rope for a tall person? I accidentaly bought a 9 foot rope from the store and it was too short, and then I ordered a 10 foot rope from title and it gets here and is a little better, but still too short for my liking. For someone about 6'5 or 6'6.
The basic consensus for ropes is you should be able to stand on it and have the handles come up to your arm pits if i'm not mistaken. Are you sure it's the rope being too short and not you needing to build your rope coordination?
PNoyFightFanUSN is offline  Top
Old 01-07-2011, 12:37 AM   #129
TheBradyHawkes
۞
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2362

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNoyFightFanUSN View Post
The basic consensus for ropes is you should be able to stand on it and have the handles come up to your arm pits if i'm not mistaken. Are you sure it's the rope being too short and not you needing to build your rope coordination?
The handles come up about 3-4 inches short of my armpits when I do that. And while I'm no speed demon on it, I can use effectively. It's just more annoying than anything when I can feel it brushing the top of my head sometimes, even when I've got my elbows tucked all the way in.

I'll quit complaining now.
TheBradyHawkes is offline  Top
Old 01-07-2011, 09:36 AM   #130
PNoyFightFanUSN
Larry Don't Give a ****
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBradyHawkes View Post
The handles come up about 3-4 inches short of my armpits when I do that. And while I'm no speed demon on it, I can use effectively. It's just more annoying than anything when I can feel it brushing the top of my head sometimes, even when I've got my elbows tucked all the way in.

I'll quit complaining now.
Damn, Stretch. Umm..you might have to resort to a lot of google research. I'm only 5"7" I got nothing for you now.
PNoyFightFanUSN is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2011, 10:00 PM   #131
jimmy1991
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Has anyone had any experence with the shock doctor compression shorts?
Im looking at buying a pair, or if anyone could recommend a good protective cup money is no probablem? im around 65kgs slim sorta body shape
thanks.
jimmy1991 is offline  Top
Old 02-05-2011, 11:48 PM   #132
Kyroguy
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1786

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevexx28 View Post
TITLE Platinum Lace-Up Training Gloves REVIEW

I just ordered the Title Plat lace up training gloves. They cost me about 80 dollars alltogether with shipping and everything. I had recently bought the Title Gels 16 oz same price, but i had returned them because they weighed about 18.5 oz, but besides that they are a pretty decent glove. Overall, however I believe this is titles best glove.

I ordered them in red. They are made entirely out of leather, they are very well padded all around from the wrist to the knuckle and behind the hand, and everywhere. I imagine that winning gloves must feel similar. They have a good length of lace to tie gloves up with, and the thumb feel totally comfortable to me. I am 5'7, and I fight at 141 walk around about 148, so if your bigger, the gloves may be tight on some but they are absolutely perfect for me, so no complaints there.

The design, not the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ](although I am super satisfied in this category; I have no complaints)is why I decided on this glove. I am a fan of classical looking boxing equipment, so flames/skulls/logos/camo/ etc. is a major turn off for me. This is a bright solid red(or black) Glove that only bears the "T" in the middle of the glove, and the "TITLE" sign above the wrist. Just the way I like it.

I've sparred with it a few times already and it feels superb. Hurting my hand is the last thing on my mind when training and even though it is well padded, my hand still feels like a bigger more padded version of my fist, not my hand hitting wall to wall and the glove making contact before the fist. You could almost get away with not wearing handwraps. When I punch, I feel a good solid "strike" and not a "mush" onto my target. Not to mention the inside of the glove is EXTREMELY comfortable. The glove opens a little already, so I imagine when it gets broken in some more, I will be able to open it up completely and practive a more effective [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] like grants can(see Winky Wright)

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]:5/5
Comfort:5/5
Durabilty??(just got them)
Performance:5/5

Overall:5/5

I agree but I bought the Velcro hook and loop which isn't the best with three tiny strips of velcro. Definitely very similar to Fighting gloves. Wish I had lace up but I train alone much of the time.
Kyroguy is offline  Top
Old 02-10-2011, 11:25 AM   #133
doom bull
Certified Limb Boner
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 108

Quote:
Originally Posted by libtolu View Post
20 oz sparring gloves FTW, i prefer training with heavier gloves because it gives more protection to my sparring partner.
I love this concept.
doom bull is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2011, 05:37 AM   #134
SugarFoot
Rudeboi

ADIDAS SHADOW BOXING GLOVE (Red 10oz)

Effectiveness 4/5 - Nice and light, great air flow, deals with sweat and heat well, pretty tight fitting but in a good way
Style 5/5 - best looking glove available IMHO, dont buy them unless you can deal with all the envious people in your gym ;p
Durability - I think these gloves are ideally for sparring, will last a lot longer if the heavy bag work is left to another pair but durability doesn't seem to be an issue, they are great quality considering the price
Cost - Price ranges from 25 to 40, few better gloves out there in this price range

ADIDAS BOX HOG (Red/White)

Effectiveness 4/5 - Very light, mesh fabric uppers very breathable whilst being supportive
Style 5/5 - Always going to attract attention,
Durability 4/5 - Despite light weight construction, as long as they stay in the gym they will serve you a reasonable amount of time, this colourway will attract a lot of dirt however and the black and white look far better IMHO
Cost 3/5 - Shop around, 40 including postage seems average
SugarFoot is offline  Top
Old 02-28-2011, 07:44 AM   #135
PekPek
Contender
ESB Senior Member

momo [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
PekPek is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing