Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 08-11-2010, 05:06 PM   #61
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: Fighters your emotionally attached to..

The aforementioned bit highlighted in green was one of the funniest things I have ever read on ESB.

And also a shocking insight into the mind of a potential killer. The reference to 'traps' had me in painful stitches.

I might not always agree with what he says, understand the motivation behind some of his threads/posts, but I like Primadonna Kool.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2010, 10:09 PM   #62
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post
The aforementioned bit highlighted in green was one of the funniest things I have ever read on ESB.

And also a shocking insight into the mind of a potential killer. The reference to 'traps' had me in painful stitches.

I might not always agree with what he says, understand the motivation behind some of his threads/posts, but I like Primadonna Kool.
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Old 08-12-2010, 01:03 AM   #63
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 08-12-2010, 06:32 AM   #64
avidlemon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadonna Kool View Post
Are you gonna lauch a assault on the sport of boxing..?
it's coming!
avidlemon is offline  Top
Old 12-21-2010, 05:06 PM   #65
LP_1985
JMM beat Pac-Man 3 Times
East Side VIP

Location: Vicente Carrillo Fuentes Organization HQ, Home of Team Mexico

i always thought it was quite sad in pacquiao morales III. when Eric looks to his corner, the look on his face was quite sad, specially after so many great fight wars. He should have retired after that fight, even if was robbed against David Diaz.
LP_1985 is offline  Top
Old 12-21-2010, 05:25 PM   #66
gooners!!
Champion
East Side Guru

Although I have many favourite fighters, it would have to be Alexis Arguello and Ray Mancini.

Arguello because that was one of the first Boxing sets I owned, I watched all his fights and became enamored with his personality and power.

Boom Boom because of a culmination of factors, his personality, his heart and determination, and his back story. I love watching old Mancini fights, almost every fight he was in was a war, my favourite being the rematch with Bramble.
gooners!! is offline  Top
Old 12-21-2010, 06:20 PM   #67
spud1
HAWK TIME!!!!
East Side Guru

Man I dont know if you guys could have guessed but its Mayweather, when i see him box he makes it look so simple he graces the ring and everything comes off almost as if he didnt even have to think about it, not just him laying out cats in the ring with that pull counter right hand but his dedication not just for one fight but throughout his whole life, since he was in his pushchair the guy been training

can you imagine how many times he has wanted to quit for good as amatuer and pro and it still isnt good enough for some people, then everytime he comes back its not good enough the question is when does it end.

those of you who have boxed just know how difficult it is to do this and stay in the gym training twice a day especially when you are in the upper echelon of the game and with sio many outside distractions from women to drink you name it he avoided that and it takes something special in a man to cut it out.

Its not just his dedication his skill or his great mind i admire its the fact that i see a part myself in him to a certain extent, sometimes when something happens i almost know what he is doing/going to do and aot of the times it comes off, and knowing him as i think his next move he knows he has a challenge infront of him but he is stubborn and will do it at his own accord he knows that pac is a dangerous opponent but he is soaking everything up letting the tabloids write all the shit abut him saying he is scared a ***** etc as he soaking it up and his bck against the wall and it is motivating him so much as when you have been doing one thing your whole life you just need that extra umph. when he feels that he has enough fire he will go and conquer his persoanl demons.

He is a true inspiration
spud1 is offline  Top
Old 12-21-2010, 07:02 PM   #68
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Old 12-21-2010, 07:31 PM   #69
gooners!!
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud1 View Post
Man I dont know if you guys could have guessed but its Mayweather, when i see him box he makes it look so simple he graces the ring and everything comes off almost as if he didnt even have to think about it, not just him laying out cats in the ring with that pull counter right hand but his dedication not just for one fight but throughout his whole life, since he was in his pushchair the guy been training

can you imagine how many times he has wanted to quit for good as amatuer and pro and it still isnt good enough for some people, then everytime he comes back its not good enough the question is when does it end.

those of you who have boxed just know how difficult it is to do this and stay in the gym training twice a day especially when you are in the upper echelon of the game and with sio many outside distractions from women to drink you name it he avoided that and it takes something special in a man to cut it out.

Its not just his dedication his skill or his great mind i admire its the fact that i see a part myself in him to a certain extent, sometimes when something happens i almost know what he is doing/going to do and aot of the times it comes off, and knowing him as i think his next move he knows he has a challenge infront of him but he is stubborn and will do it at his own accord he knows that pac is a dangerous opponent but he is soaking everything up letting the tabloids write all the shit abut him saying he is scared a ***** etc as he soaking it up and his bck against the wall and it is motivating him so much as when you have been doing one thing your whole life you just need that extra umph. when he feels that he has enough fire he will go and conquer his persoanl demons.

He is a true inspiration

You cant really question Mayweather's professionalism, thats true.

On being criticized though, I dont think Mayweather can moan about a perception he has cultivated with his own actions, a perception he himself admits, has made him a lot of money, cause as he says, whether you love me or hate me, as long as you pay money to see me, thats all that counts. Im not sure you can act the way Mayweather does to garner more attention in an effort to invoke a reaction, good or bad, to make more money, then claim to be a victim of circumstances, that your being held to a higher a standard, not when you are essentially setting the standard.

Mayweather is the type to moan about not getting props for the Marquez win, but will probably not HL what he pulled at the weigh in to gain more of an advantage over an opponent he already had a considerable physical advantage over. I dont mean to be negative, but I must admit, it does cheese me off when he plays the persecution card.
gooners!! is offline  Top
Old 12-21-2010, 10:49 PM   #70
artful
*practice makes perfect*
ESB Addict

vCash: 3254

Of All Time it has to be Nigel Benn the guy that first got me into boxing, a true warrior who had the heart of a lion, determination, grit and will to win along with being a huge puncher.

I try to watch this atleast once a day.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TVgkCN_1aE&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Legend.

Also Naz I liked his ****iness, eccentricity and showmanship.

At present Carl Froch I didn't like him at first but he's overachieved, I remember when people (that includes me) were saying he wouldn't become a World Champion, he's come from being an underdog to fighting the best and isn't afraid to fight anywhere or anyone.

I like many others but that's just from a British perspective.
artful is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2010, 06:19 AM   #71
turpinr
Belt holder
ESB Addict

randy turpin, ken buchanan and more recently nigel benn the ultimate warrior and most exciting fighter to watch...........ever
turpinr is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2010, 06:41 AM   #72
JukeboxTimebomb
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Diego Corrales and Israel Vazquez.
JukeboxTimebomb is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2010, 06:47 AM   #73
Wickio
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 93

I still have a raging throb-on for Carl Froch.
Wickio is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2010, 06:49 AM   #74
Dubstep
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

I wouldn't go as far as saying "emotionally attached" but there is a definitely a "different" feeling when watching Carl Froch (and no it's not a stirring in my boxers). He just embodies all that is right about the sport. I think a key thing is that he has all the qualities I'd like to have as a boxer - fights like a warrior, chin of steal and heart of a lion. He represents the UK very, very well.

I like the honesty about Hatton/Mayweather - I was in a similar place. I was absolutely smashed and had been completely sold by all the 24/7 hype. Before all that I was treating Hatton as a "moderately live underdog" - then I just started to believe that he could win it and how brilliant it would be if he did. I was in a dark place about British sport for a while after that...
Dubstep is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2010, 06:58 AM   #75
turpinr
Belt holder
ESB Addict

when benn fought, as soon as you heard big ben that was it.the hairs on the back of your neck stood up.
turpinr is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum