Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 12-04-2007, 04:49 AM   #1
Jazzo
Non-Facebook Fag
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default I see you are arguing about personalities/acts. Well, which one has worked?

There is not much doubt that Hatton, whatever he is getting up to on 24/7 (I have not been watching it) has a personality and/or act that attracts many.

Now, I ask you, how has Floyd been received in the US?

This is the root of the relevant argument, so discuss it in detail.
Jazzo is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2007, 04:58 AM   #2
Jazzo
Non-Facebook Fag
ESB Addict

Default Re: I see you are arguing about personalities/acts. Well, which one has worked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown
Floyd doesn't drink or smoke, it doesn't matter how his personality is, for not doing those things he is already a better person than Hatton.
No, no.

It is not about being a "better" person.

It is about how each fighter is received.

Being in the UK, I do not actually know for certain.
Jazzo is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2007, 01:17 PM   #3
Jazzo
Non-Facebook Fag
ESB Addict

Default Re: I see you are arguing about personalities/acts. Well, which one has worked?

So, I see my thread didn't take off today.

Most odd.

Anyhow, it gets another chance.
Jazzo is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2007, 01:53 PM   #4
toffeejack
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown
Floyd doesn't drink or smoke, it doesn't matter how his personality is, for not doing those things he is already a better person than Hatton.
Yes I guess drinking and smoking makes you a worse person than a wife beater doesn't it dumbass.
toffeejack is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2007, 02:16 PM   #5
Jazzo
Non-Facebook Fag
ESB Addict

I will settle this. Ricky is the better person because he believes in the correct God (the FSM).

Now, somebody have a bash at the relevant material.
Jazzo is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2007, 03:05 PM   #6
codeman99998
Belt holder
ESB Addict

It's been my experience that people don't really like Floyd. He comes off as a bit too arrogant and not exciting enough.

I know a lot of Americans that want Hatton to win. I probably personally know more Americans that want Hatton to win than there all total Brits that want Mayweather to win.
codeman99998 is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2007, 03:12 PM   #7
Jazzo
Non-Facebook Fag
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman99998
It's been my experience that people don't really like Floyd. He comes off as a bit too arrogant and not exciting enough.

I know a lot of Americans that want Hatton to win. I probably personally know more Americans that want Hatton to win than there all total Brits that want Mayweather to win.
When I hear Floyd, I get the impression that he is trying to sound arrogant, as opposed to somebody who inherently is.
Jazzo is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2007, 03:15 PM   #8
codeman99998
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzo
When I hear Floyd, I get the impression that he is trying to sound arrogant, as opposed to somebody who inherently is.
Oh, I agree. Honestly, I think the entire thing is just an act to make more money, and frankly, when we are talking millions and millions of dollars, I am fine with it. Shit, I'd do it for that much money too.

That's just my friends. They don't see the clear acting involved as I think I do. I think it's all 100% for show.
codeman99998 is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2007, 03:17 PM   #9
Jazzo
Non-Facebook Fag
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman99998
Oh, I agree. Honestly, I think the entire thing is just an act to make more money, and frankly, when we are talking millions and millions of dollars, I am fine with it. Shit, I'd do it for that much money too.

That's just my friends. They don't see the clear acting involved as I think I do. I think it's all 100% for show.
With Floyd I think that a lot of it does actually come from insecurities.

I was wondering if the American public thought the same.
Jazzo is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2007, 03:28 PM   #10
elTerrible
TeamElite General Manager
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

I think of course some of what PBF does is an act.
He didnt play the bad boy role when he was on dancing with the stars. Also after all the trash talk about Gatti pre fight in the post fight interview he was respectful and when questioned about it basically said he didnt mean any of what he said about Gatti and it was just to sell the fight. Someone like Ali or Mayorga would still talk trash after the fight.

On the other hand some of the things with PBF dont seem to be an act. His issues with is father are very real. His obessions with money and being flashy are real. He has some OCD traits with his haircuts and money counting ect.

Overall I think PBF is a good person. Looking at where he came from and his family he has accomplished alot. His father and uncle were already good fighters and he has went so much more beyond what they have done. He trains constantly, is one of the most dedicated fighters today, avoids drugs and bad habits unlike his crackhead relatives, ect. Looking at the rest of the mayweathers and looking at PBF, he has accomplished alot from what he has had to work with.
elTerrible is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2007, 03:37 PM   #11
lucasehr
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzo
With Floyd I think that a lot of it does actually come from insecurities.

I was wondering if the American public thought the same.
I'm American, he's my favorite fighter, I don't think that he is really that arrogant, and I believe that he is very insecure. I don't think that he puts on the act because he's insecure. Like was said above, he does it to sell the show. To have a "good vs. evil" dynamic." In fact, didn't he say as much before the DLH fight? Or maybe the Gatti fight? Anyway, I thought he said something about how you need good and bad to sell a fight, and he just embraces that role than most.
lucasehr is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2007, 03:49 PM   #12
Danny Ocean
My nAmE IS MoNeY
ESB Senior Member

mayweather has used his arrogance to make people buy his fights to see im beat he has played the villian to make his fights have meaning
Danny Ocean is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2007, 03:53 PM   #13
madpup
Contender
ESB Senior Member

The whole Mayweather arrogant asshole and Hatton a nice bloke next door are merely caricature images of them.
madpup is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2007, 04:26 PM   #14
Jazzo
Non-Facebook Fag
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by madpup
The whole Mayweather arrogant asshole and Hatton a nice bloke next door are merely caricature images of them.
Well, people would be naive to think that this was not a huge factor. And of course they are being directed into polar opposites intentionally.

However, there are elements that are genuine.

Perhaps this topic is better suited to the lounge.
Jazzo is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum