Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Felix Sturm vs Artur Abraham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry
Odo my mate

I see you re still heartily disliking Sturm despite his numerous good performances as well. You know I disagree with you about him allegedly winning a fluke decision against Velasco, he pretty much dominated him well into the middle rounds and ran out of gas late on as he had been preparing for I think an 8 rounder (schenk was supposed to take on Velasco I think). IMo he won the fight by a fair margin. Its not that significant to me Abrams beat him better, different fighter, different day, different game plan and cross comaparisons very seldomly hold much value, Im sure you yourself could give countless examples of that sort.

As I said further up his KO defeat to castillejo which he has avenged in the meantime was up to the wrong gameplan. He was leading on the cards but then decided to trade with a guy who´s only chance was a KO at that time (remember the whistling crowd after the final round in the Kiwi fight, stupid crowd ). I dont remember too many bad showing s versus so called Journeymen either, in total his resume looks probably better than Abrams or at least not noteworthy worse. Abraham fought people coming up in weight for him, didnt he? in Taylor, Kofuah and demiers, admittedly his Eastman (close) and Miranda wins were pretty impressive though

I havent read anything about sauerland replying to Kohls statements as of late, in fact those statements were made only very recently, i think I heard them on german telly last sunday or saturday.

sauerland of course has to produce some waves now what with the number of his reigning champs diminishing by the months these days.

Odo, I see you re still the heart and sould of this section, keep it up, I hope you re fine and all
As ususal a true pleasure to read your posts,merry!
Me alegro mucho verte otra vez aqui en este forum escibiendo tu opinion sobre ciertas boxeadores.Porque dejas de escribir aqui hace un ano or algo asi? Como quiera que sea!
Well,I slightly disagree with you,merry. I for my part think that Abraham's fight record is better than Sturm's one.

He struggled/showed pathetic performances against Robert Davis,Didier Mupeko,and Tschepo Maschego.
Velasquo vs Sturm could have gone either way.I wouldnt argue the toss whether STurm deserved the victory or not,but I watched that fight live and had Velasquo ahead on points.Of course very often you can judge a fight much better sitting in front of a tv set than occupying a seat in a box arena.I know that Schenk was suppossed to face Velasquo,and that Sturm was the last minute replacement.Sturm wasnt ready to go 12 rounds then.Props to him for taking that fight! However,Velasqo was the defending champ,and he was the one who was chasing Sturm throughout their entire bout.I thought that the Argie did enough to win that fight-especially in the later rounds.But as I said I wouldnt argue the toss about it.
Odo is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2007, 02:59 PM   #17
Danny Ocean
My nAmE IS MoNeY
ESB Senior Member

sturm decision
Danny Ocean is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 04:46 PM   #18
geppy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2166

What is the deal with Sturms next opponent? What is the point of even fighting the guy? It is a disgrace for a World champion to fight a guy like this.

Noe Tulio Gonzalez Alcoba has beat a total of 6 fighters with a winning record ,and barely just above 50 % winning records at that.
Do you think Alcoba earned a title shot with his latest victory win over Sanchez 6-8-1 with 2 KO's? What a farce.
geppy is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 06:22 PM   #19
Chillman
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Yeah, this guy from Uruguay is only an easy tune up disguised as a challenger.
Hopefully Sturm's mandatory defense against Griffin on August 25 will go through as planned, that one should be a bit more competitive at the least.
Chillman is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2007, 03:38 AM   #20
Flurry
Krautchamp
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo
As ususal a true pleasure to read your posts,merry!
Me alegro mucho verte otra vez aqui en este forum escibiendo tu opinion sobre ciertas boxeadores.Porque dejas de escribir aqui hace un ano or algo asi? Como quiera que sea!
Well,I slightly disagree with you,merry. I for my part think that Abraham's fight record is better than Sturm's one.

He struggled/showed pathetic performances against Robert Davis,Didier Mupeko,and Tschepo Maschego.
Velasquo vs Sturm could have gone either way.I wouldnt argue the toss whether STurm deserved the victory or not,but I watched that fight live and had Velasquo ahead on points.Of course very often you can judge a fight much better sitting in front of a tv set than occupying a seat in a box arena.I know that Schenk was suppossed to face Velasquo,and that Sturm was the last minute replacement.Sturm wasnt ready to go 12 rounds then.Props to him for taking that fight! However,Velasqo was the defending champ,and he was the one who was chasing Sturm throughout their entire bout.I thought that the Argie did enough to win that fight-especially in the later rounds.But as I said I wouldnt argue the toss about it.

Hola muchacho, veo que mantienes tu castellano "in tip top shape", o asi parece al menos, todavia viajas a Espana de vez en cuando? Sadly, my spanish has been going down the drain for lack of practise, though mate.

It appears we will not come to agree on the Sturm issue, as we never were able to even in the past and that despite otherwise agreeing on lets say 90% of other boxing issues, but that´s not important. I have erred lots of times when predicting matches in the past and maybe if this fight came off Abrams would wipe the floor with him and I´d have to come here and tell you "err, right Odo, sorry, but seems you were right"

One last thing: In yesterday´s press here, Sauerland was quoted as saying that a potential up coming fight between Sturm and his own Sebastian Sylvester would have to be postponed until next year as he (Sauerland) knew that sturm first had a voluntary defence of his title at hand (end of this month) and after that his next mandatory against I think randy griffin, so the next available date for a fight between these two would be no sooner than early next year at best.
Flurry is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2007, 09:20 AM   #21
Artani
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Sturm is completly fighter , he have more boxing skills , Abraham only punching harder than Sturm .
Artani is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2007, 04:15 PM   #22
boxexpert
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

it would be advisable if sturm doesnt do that fight,he can only lose and the chance is big that it happens by KO
boxexpert is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2007, 04:20 PM   #23
brooklyn1550
Roberto Duran
East Side VIP

Abraham KO
brooklyn1550 is offline  Top
Old 07-04-2007, 05:43 AM   #24
Leifhackman
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

After seeing Sturm-Castillejo I don't think I would want to see Sturm and Abraham against each other. I hate to watch boxing fight where the other guy practically only trying to avoid boxing.
Leifhackman is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum