Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 12-04-2007, 11:06 AM   #1
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default today's fight event in austria with Kraj

Czech silver medalist Rudolf Kraj (12-0) will headline today's fight show in Solden/Austria.His opponent will be an Argie named Orldando Farias(15-4) who was knocked out by his internationally better known compatriot Hugo Garay in the very first round.
Polish cruiser weight hope A.Kuziemski(13-0) will square off against a very decent journeyman from Brasil.Peter Venancio(40-10) is a teak tough cookie who doesnt enter a ring just to collect a paycheck but usually fights tooth and nail inside a box ring.I had the pleasure to watch his last fight against Silvio Branco live.Venancio lost that fight fair and square,but he put up a good show making the water quite hot for cagey Italian vet.
The Pole isnt a big puncher so that he wont manage to put the Brasilian out of action,but I guess it will be bloody difficult to showcase his skills against this teak tough opponent who has a very decent chin and who can take a good punch.My pick:Kuziemski by close point decision.
The most interesting fight of this fight event should be undefeated Nigerian olympian Gbenga's encounter with the hard punching Latvian journeyman Edgar Kalnars who has already sparred with the who is who of the heavy weight circus.Could go either way IMO.
I smell an upset victory for Kalnars who is always able to upset the applecart of a highly touted prospect.
Great German talent Meyerdicks and Igor Michalkin(his second pro fight) will also appear on the undercard.
Odo is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2007, 11:06 AM   #2
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: today's fight event in austria with Kraj

Eurosport will show some of the fights live this evening around 21.00.
Odo is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2007, 01:59 PM   #3
llorca
Journeyman

Orlando Antonio Farias? Who the hell is he??

How many times has Kraj fought this year, three? He's 30 tomorrow, time to get a move on!

6 months since his last fight against Abdoul (which wasn't too convincing). Can only surmise that he's lining up a quality opponent in the next 3 months? Tokarev would be a good test to see how good he is.

I guess Universum don't rate him as highly as Alekseev or Drozd?
llorca is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2007, 07:17 PM   #4
Chillman
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by llorca

How many times has Kraj fought this year, three? He's 30 tomorrow, time to get a move on!

6 months since his last fight against Abdoul (which wasn't too convincing). Can only surmise that he's lining up a quality opponent in the next 3 months? Tokarev would be a good test to see how good he is.

Kraj is expected to fight Matt Godfrey (WBC Eliminator) next Spring.
Chillman is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2007, 07:18 PM   #5
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by llorca

Farias? A totally overmatched Argentinian journeyman who was knocked out by his compatriot Garay in the very first rounds.Guess what? Kraj,too,knocked him out in the very first round of their encounter.
Kraj is one of the participants of a final eliminator for a shot at Haye's title.The other participant is Matt Godfrey from the USA.
Kraj is better marketable than Alexeev or Drozd in Germany IMO.He is Czech.He speaks German.He won a olympic medal.He has a German name.He can punch.
Unfortunetely,he doesnt have a lot of charisma+his entrance music is horrible.

Kuziemski won every round of his encounter with the Brasilian journeyman Venancio.He tried hard to take the Brasilian out,and almost succeded in doing it,but the durable fighter from Brasil somehow went the full route.
I had expected a much closer fight.Not a flawless performance by the Pole,but a good one IMO.Kuziemski looked better than Silvio Branco against Velancio.

Gbenga who reminds me a bit of the young Mike Thyson showed a very decent performance against Edgar Kalnars taking him out in round 3 of their encounter.

Michalkin scored a beautiful knockout over Slovakian journeyman Remen.
That ko was the softer version of Abraham vs Gevor.
Odo is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum