Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing > Training Logs


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2010, 01:14 PM   #16
Boxinglad123
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,064
vCash: 75
Default Re: Boxinglad123's training log

27th December 2010

(Rounds 3 minutes, rests 1 minute)

10 minutes skipping
10 rounds heavybag

*Helped out some beginners with padwork as the coaches weren't there*

3 rounds maize ball, working on straight punches and moving
3 rounds shadow boxing
3 rounds shadow boxing and moving
5 rounds double end bag

2x50 press-ups (need to get back on my strength training plan as this was harder than I thought)
10x50 crunches

10 minutes skipping
Boxinglad123 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-2010, 09:21 AM   #17
Boxinglad123
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,064
vCash: 75
Default Re: Boxinglad123's training log

28th December 2010

2 hours 30 minutes boxing, then upperbody exercises (bodyweight)
Boxinglad123 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 09:21 AM   #18
Boxinglad123
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,064
vCash: 75
Default Re: Boxinglad123's training log

29th December 2010

2 hours 30 minutes in the boxing gym, 5x2 minutes sparring against a guy abit lighter, me just hitting body, him hitting head and body.
Boxinglad123 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 09:23 AM   #19
Boxinglad123
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,064
vCash: 75
Default Re: Boxinglad123's training log

30th December 2010

5x3 heavybag
5x3 headmovement work
5x3 double end bag
5x3 shadow boxing


3x2 sparring (me just hitting body, him hitting head and body)

1.5 mile run
Boxinglad123 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 04:11 PM   #20
Boxinglad123
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,064
vCash: 75
Default Re: Boxinglad123's training log

31st December 2010

2.5 mile run
5x3 minutes body opponent bag (1 minute rest)
20km cycle
Boxinglad123 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 04:19 PM   #21
Boxinglad123
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,064
vCash: 75
Default Re: Boxinglad123's training log

1st January 2011

Hopefully a year of success!

5x3 shadow boxing (1 minute rest)
3x3 body opponent bag (1 minute rest)
2x3 headmovement drills (1 minute rest)

1 x 100 crunch+tuck, 1 x 100 crunches, 2 x 5 minutes static sit-up hold (45 degree angle)

*2nd workout*

Bodyweight squats: 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100, 90, 80, 70, 60, 50
Plyometric press-ups: 5 sets of 10
Clap press-ups: 5 sets of 10
Pull-ups: 5 sets of 10
Boxinglad123 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 05:10 AM   #22
Packo
newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 22
vCash: 375
Default Re: Boxinglad123's training log

Good form man, I like the way you train.

Train hard when it counts, then you will see instant results.

I personally love training! Haha, keep it up mate
Packo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 06:52 AM   #23
Boxinglad123
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,064
vCash: 75
Default Re: Boxinglad123's training log

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packo View Post
Good form man, I like the way you train.

Train hard when it counts, then you will see instant results.

I personally love training! Haha, keep it up mate
Thanks man, I like to get feedback from people. My training is just basic, I feel that you should set a solid foundation from the start, not be over eager and then leave gaps.
Boxinglad123 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 07:16 AM   #24
Packo
newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 22
vCash: 375
Default Re: Boxinglad123's training log

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxinglad123 View Post
Thanks man, I like to get feedback from people. My training is just basic, I feel that you should set a solid foundation from the start, not be over eager and then leave gaps.
No worries mate.

I'm only young at (16) and just getting fit and starting to become serious about my boxing.

Training for me is basic stuff at the moment, but soon I'm going to be moving into a lot of running and high intensity stuff to get my fitness levels up higher.

Excuse me if it has been said before, but do you fight? If so how's your record, and age?
Packo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 08:24 AM   #25
Boxinglad123
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,064
vCash: 75
Default Re: Boxinglad123's training log

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packo View Post
No worries mate.

I'm only young at (16) and just getting fit and starting to become serious about my boxing.

Training for me is basic stuff at the moment, but soon I'm going to be moving into a lot of running and high intensity stuff to get my fitness levels up higher.

Excuse me if it has been said before, but do you fight? If so how's your record, and age?
I'm 15 and have had 5 fights, lost all of them, mainly by close decision and never stopped. I've learned alot from those fights though and most of them have been against fighters with slightly more experience. My main aim is to improve as a fighter, what better way to do it than train hard and come back stronger for each fight?
Boxinglad123 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 08:33 AM   #26
Packo
newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 22
vCash: 375
Default Re: Boxinglad123's training log

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxinglad123 View Post
I'm 15 and have had 5 fights, lost all of them, mainly by close decision and never stopped. I've learned alot from those fights though and most of them have been against fighters with slightly more experience. My main aim is to improve as a fighter, what better way to do it than train hard and come back stronger for each fight?
Yeah mate, very true, train hard - if you want to go far in boxing you need to put in the effort, if you don't put in the effort you won't go anywhere.

Have confidence in yourself mate, you can do it, best of luck for your upcoming fights.
Packo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 08:35 AM   #27
Boxinglad123
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,064
vCash: 75
Default Re: Boxinglad123's training log

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packo View Post
Yeah mate, very true, train hard - if you want to go far in boxing you need to put in the effort, if you don't put in the effort you won't go anywhere.

Have confidence in yourself mate, you can do it, best of luck for your upcoming fights.
Thanks mate, I wish you all the best with any boxing you do.
Boxinglad123 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 04:35 PM   #28
Boxinglad123
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,064
vCash: 75
Default Re: Boxinglad123's training log

2nd January 2011

Rest day.
Boxinglad123 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 04:36 PM   #29
Boxinglad123
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,064
vCash: 75
Default Re: Boxinglad123's training log

3rd January 2011

15 minutes of various shuttle-runs etc
1 hour 30 minutes of boxing training (including 5 rounds of sparring -2 minutes each- )

Rounds on bags etc were 3 minutes, breaks 45s.
Boxinglad123 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 08:00 PM   #30
Packo
newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 22
vCash: 375
Default Re: Boxinglad123's training log

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxinglad123 View Post
Thanks mate, I wish you all the best with any boxing you do.
Cheers mate, you too!
Packo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing > Training Logs

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013