|01-08-2011, 04:56 AM||#1|
ESB Senior Member
Join Date: Apr 2008
Sweet Science Monday 6pm - Outback Fight Club + Aboriginal boxer short doco's
Monday January 10 2011 - Monday Night Fightzone
1. 6-8pm est - The Sweet Science National Boxing Program
Program #232 : This week's Sweet Science boxing program is broadcast from 3KND 1503 AM in Melbourne.
- 40's fighter Hank Stanley dies
- Pacman v Mosley news
- Danny Green injured
- Program Part 1 - Feature on the "Outback Fight Club"
This Tuesday night (Jan 11) at 8.30pm, SBS1 is screening the premiere first part of "Outback Fight Club" a 2 x 1 hour documentary that "explores the secretive, rough and raw world of tent boxing and follows the journey of Troupe Leader Fred Brophy and his boxers on their final tour of remote Queensland."
- Paul Scott - Documentary Director and Writer
- James Ellis - Fred Brophy's undefeated lead tent fighter and former Queensland Cruiser champion
- Fred Brophy - 4th generation showman and last surviving boxing tent manager.
- Program Part 2 - Aboriginal boxer short documentaries:
- SBS Radio Short Documentary on History of Aboriginal Boxing featuring Tony Mundine and George Bracken
- ABC's Contact Sport report on Olympian and rising pro Paul Fleming
- Transworld Sports feature on current Australian champion Fred "The General" Mundraby
- ABC TV's Family Confidential Series - The Mundines
- ABC Radio's Philip Adams interview with Noby Clay - the star of Palm Island boxing documentary
Radio: The Sweet Science Australian National boxing radio program is broadcast live to over 50 stations on the National Indigenous Radio Service including:
Sydney: Koori Radio: 93.7 FM
Melbourne: 3KND: 1503 AM
Townsville: 4K1G: 107.1 FM
Live streaming on [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]