Old 11-15-2010, 07:20 PM   #61
yaca you
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: MonaroCountry's top 10 HW fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beebs View Post
Right, he says "well the UFC fighters don't fight everybody in the world" when in reality the Strikeforce and Dream fighters are just as seperated from the world, plus they don't even fight each other.

The only people who truely are fighting in many different MMA organizations are journeymen who are not quite standing out or not quite winning enough to be signed by a big organization.

and thats the problem.
yaca you is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2011, 06:32 AM   #62
monaroCountry
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
Shit list. Big foot silva ahead of JDS and Velasquez?

Credibility = gone.

JDS and AS is changeable and maybe JDS should be ahead, as far as the other's go the only other change would be Werdum ahead of Barnett. This list is certainly far better than any Shitdog list and takes into account past fights, skills and experience.
monaroCountry is offline  Top
Old 01-09-2011, 06:48 AM   #63
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckay_89 View Post
Monaro's hatred of the UFC means his rankings are the polar opposite, but just as biased. A sensible top 10 would be:

1. Werdum
2. Fedor
3. Velasquez
4. JDS
5. Overeem
6. Barnett
7. Lesnar
8. Mir
9. Bigfoot
10. Carwin
Decent list. Although id have Overeem at 4 because he has the SF DREAM and K1 title. If Cain gets ranked above JDS because of his title then likewise the same has to be true of Overeem.

1. Werdum
2. Fedor
3. Cain
4. Overeem
5. JDS
6. Barnett
7. Carwin
8. Bigfoot
9. Mir
10. Brock

The problem with the rankings is from 6 down its pretty much who's who.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 01-11-2011, 12:19 AM   #64
Beebs
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1493

Man, this guy really is batshit crazy.

I missed this gem the first time through:

Quote:
Originally Posted by monaroCountry View Post
[/b]Apart from Werdum and Fedor, who else has better ground game? and apart from Fedor who else has better standup?
So Overeem has the 3rd best ground game in MMA?

Then you think Fedor has better stand up than Overeem.

My guess is your extreme bias towards Overeem would go unnoticed if you said that his stand up wasn't better than Fedor.

Overeem, the 3rd best ground game in the HW division? I'll even play by your "UFC is crap, always" rules; how do you rank Overeem's ground game on the same planet as Barnett?
Beebs is offline  Top
Old 01-11-2011, 05:25 AM   #65
monaroCountry
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Man, this guy really is batshit crazy.

I missed this gem the first time through:

So Overeem has the 3rd best ground game in MMA?

Then you think Fedor has better stand up than Overeem.

My guess is your extreme bias towards Overeem would go unnoticed if you said that his stand up wasn't better than Fedor.

Overeem, the 3rd best ground game in the HW division? I'll even play by your "UFC is crap, always" rules; how do you rank Overeem's ground game on the same planet as Barnett?

Supposed to be ground + standup as a package, ive obviously said before that Werdum has a better ground than Fedor.

Still I do think that Fedor has an on par standup with Overeem even though he hasnt fought in K1, IMO Fedor has better head movements, great foot, a better KO punch, faster hands and although he looks sloppy with his Sambo background he does avoid hits far better than Overeem. Overeem though can really cover his head very well and has the best knees in MMA and K-1.
monaroCountry is offline  Top
Old 01-11-2011, 03:41 PM   #66
Beebs
Champion
East Side Guru

What does Werdum being better on the ground than Fedor have to do with you absurd claim that only those two have a better ground game than Overeem? That Overeem has the 3rd best ground game?

Fedor a better KO punch than Overeem? Fedor went through the majority of his career without knocking anybody out with a punch.

You don't even make sense within the confines of your own stupid little world.
Beebs is offline  Top
Old 01-11-2011, 08:01 PM   #67
zarman

vCash:

1) Fedor Emelianenko
2) Alistair Overeem
3) Fabricio Werdum
4) Cain Velasquez
5) Josh Barnett
Old 01-11-2011, 09:39 PM   #68
Beouche
Dinamita
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Monarco's Anti-UFC HWTop 10

I hear you on the top 2 but you got to give UFC fighters more props than that

Cain and JDS are top 5 or there abouts

Here's my top 5

1. Overeem
2. Fedor
3. Barnett
4. Velaaquez
5. JDS

Werdum is 6. Yeah he beat Fedor but it would NOT happen again, and he doesn't stand a chance against current Ubereem
Beouche is offline  Top
Old 01-11-2011, 09:47 PM   #69
Beebs
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beouche View Post
Monarco's Anti-UFC HWTop 10

I hear you on the top 2 but you got to give UFC fighters more props than that

Cain and JDS are top 5 or there abouts

Here's my top 5

1. Overeem
2. Fedor
3. Barnett
4. Velaaquez
5. JDS

Werdum is 6. Yeah he beat Fedor but it would NOT happen again, and he doesn't stand a chance against current Ubereem
He beat Fedor, He beat Overeem, yet he isn't top 5? Why? It wasn't some fluke punch, there really is no such thing as a fluke armbar/triangle combination that has multiple steps to it and he took more than one bite at. Whereas Barnett hasn't even had a relevant fight in years.

Yours is more a hypothetical world top 5.
Beebs is offline  Top
Old 01-11-2011, 10:37 PM   #70
Beouche
Dinamita
East Side Guru

Quote:
He beat Fedor, He beat Overeem, yet he isn't top 5? Why? It wasn't some fluke punch, there really is no such thing as a fluke armbar/triangle combination that has multiple steps to it and he took more than one bite at. Whereas Barnett hasn't even had a relevant fight in years.

Yours is more a hypothetical world top 5.

He beat a completely different Overeem

Fedor made a mistake by playing into his one huge strength. He would not repeat that mistake and would not lost to Werdum ever again

Hypothetical? Sure, but what else can you do when the best are not fighting the best?
Beouche is offline  Top
Old 01-12-2011, 12:45 AM   #71
rekcutnevets
Black Sash
East Side Guru

Quote:
Posted by scurlaruntings
1. Werdum
2. Fedor
3. Cain
4. Overeem
5. JDS
6. Barnett
7. Carwin
8. Bigfoot
9. Mir
10. Brock
Wow, you finally put together a list. I've got no problem with you top 3. JDS beat your number guy, but bygones.

Overeem at 4? On what, future promise? At the end of the StrikeForce tournament, he may be at the top spot; LEGITIMATELY. Until then, he's ****ing prospect. A prospect that has become a ****ing monster, but his best win is Brett Rogers. Overeem has lost almost every time he has stepped up in class. We'll soon see if the extra size takes him all the way.

At least you didn't do a morono move by having Fedor over Werdum, but Carwin over Lesnar? How do you justify that? Lesnar beat Carwin.
Quote:
If Cain gets ranked above JDS because of his title then likewise the same has to be true of Overeem.
Cain is not ranked above JDS simply because of his title. Because of the win over Werdum, you could argue JDS higher than Cain. I don't because of how I had them ranked already. I had Cain above Dos Santos after his win over Nogueira. Remember, Werdum had not submitted Fedor at that point. Dos Santos has done a bit of a hindsight climb lately. Anyway...

At least Cain beat Brock Lesnar. That is more than Overeem has done at the moment. Overeem has a real kickboxing title, and 2 bullshit pieces of jewelry. Werdum is the top dog in StrikeForce's heavyweight division, and you rank him there. Brock Lesnar may have been a former WWE hype job, that didn't have to work as long to gain a position as others. Lesnar went on to beat Herring, Couture, Mir, and Carwin. While that might not give Lesnar their all time status, that gave him their right then status.

Herring was a man that beat Kongo. Kongo beat a Cro Cop that was under a year from beating Barnett and Wanderlei on the same night.

Couture was the lineal UFC champion. Couture had previously dominated then UFC champ Tim Sylvia, and Gonzaga. Gongzaga was the first person to defeat Cro Cop, after Cro Cop had defeated Josh Barnett and Wanderlei Silva on the same night. Couture was considered by many to be one of the top 2-5 heavyweights in the world at that time.

Did I mention that Overeem beat Brett Rogers? He also beat James Thompson. Overeem also beat Buentello. Was the Buentello fight for the StrikeForce title?
rekcutnevets is offline  Top
Old 01-12-2011, 05:50 PM   #72
Beebs
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beouche View Post
He beat a completely different Overeem

Fedor made a mistake by playing into his one huge strength. He would not repeat that mistake and would not lost to Werdum ever again

Hypothetical? Sure, but what else can you do when the best are not fighting the best?
Why would he not make that mistake? It's not that unlike how he fights most of the time, Werdum just happened to counter it perfectly.

What has this completely different Overeem done to be ranked? Because the also very much improved Werdum went on and beat Fedor.

I guess Werdum needs to fight Brett Rogers and Todd Duffee to get ahead in your world.

How is he not even ahead of Josh Barnett?
Beebs is offline  Top
Old 01-12-2011, 11:06 PM   #73
Beouche
Dinamita
East Side Guru

Quote:
Why would he not make that mistake? It's not that unlike how he fights most of the time, Werdum just happened to counter it perfectly.

What has this completely different Overeem done to be ranked? Because the also very much improved Werdum went on and beat Fedor.

I guess Werdum needs to fight Brett Rogers and Todd Duffee to get ahead in your world.

How is he not even ahead of Josh Barnett?

Fedor Reem and Barnett are better fighters than Werdum in my eyes. Simple as that
Beouche is offline  Top
Old 01-13-2011, 04:14 AM   #74
monaroCountry
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarman View Post
1) Fedor Emelianenko
2) Alistair Overeem
3) Fabricio Werdum