Old 01-15-2011, 10:40 PM   #91
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: Official 2011 Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by teke View Post
I have heard Bennett and Souths being mentioned from a few sources.

There is noway they could afford Money Bill, Burgess, Taylor, Inglis all in the same team
your naive mate.they will take far less money to play in
a Bennett coached/rising team is what they will say in the press but their girlfriends/wives will be paid 300k to be extras in Rusty's movie.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2011, 10:46 PM   #92
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 2611

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiflers mum View Post
your naive mate.they will take far less money to play in
a Bennett coached/rising team is what they will say in the press but their girlfriends/wives will be paid 300k to be extras in Rusty's movie.
Shit I forgot to add Bennetts fees into this.

I hear ya brother, Rusty may make some Ian Roberts type actors out of the players.
teke is offline  Top
Old 01-15-2011, 11:04 PM   #93
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

Ricky Stuart took the first step towards dismantling Queensland's five-year stranglehold on State of Origin holding a secret meeting with seven of the state's biggest stars.

Locked away in a room at Cronulla's Rydges Hotel for three hours, Stuart unveiled his plan to restore state pride.

He addressed senior NSW players Paul Gallen, Kurt Gidley, Greg Bird, Luke Lewis, Jarryd Hayne and Mitchell Pearce and his backroom staff in his first major assignment as new NSW coach.

"I think we got a fair bit out of it," Bird said. "Everyone gave their opinions on what needs to improve and what they think can be done better. The main thing was to promote a bit of stability, which is probably something we have been lacking.

"Knowing Sticky and what he is about, he is definitely capable of achieving it. He will go away and work on some things after hearing what we all had to say."

In the first indication that he is poised to win a place in Stuart's new-look side, Dally M medal winner Todd Carney was also at the extraordinary meeting.

Players were invited to take ownership of the team and create a culture to match the passion of the all-conquering Maroons.

"It is good to catch up with Ricky and the boys and begin thinking about what we need to do," Gidley said. "It has been a few years since Ricky has been here and he is very excited about the role, as are we. This is where it all begins."

Unveiling his coaching and management team for the very first time, Stuart sat across from former Cronulla playmaker Trent Barrett, trainer Ronnie Palmer and football manager Craig Young. In his opening address, Stuart told the players he wanted to create a stable environment that would provide the platform to topple Mal Meninga and the Maroons.

"All of the guys here have played Origin before with the exception of Carney," Gidley said.

"So it is a good idea to get us all together and have a bit if a chat about what happened last year and also the future."

During the star-studded State of Origin conference, Stuart invited the players to put forward ideas and thoughts on how to improve the side and also the culture.

"There are some things that we can do better, and that's what this has all been about," Gidley said.

"There are some things we can do within the camps and with preparation that will help us improve. Mostly it was about catching up and bouncing around some ideas from the players and from Sticky."

Gidley applauded the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]'s move to employ a full-time coach.
"We had a bit of a chat about it and I think it takes a bit of pressure off him because he doesn't need to go back to his club team," Gidley said.

Gidley also backed Stuart to help NSW win back the coveted State of Origin trophy, last won by a Stuart-coached side in 2005.

"For sure," Gidley said. "It is a big possibility and we will go into the series with a lot of confidence."

After the meeting, Stuart took the players out on Port Hacking for a low-key bonding session.

Geez I hope we win again
teke is offline  Top
Old 01-15-2011, 11:48 PM   #94
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Ricky Stuart took the first step towards dismantling Queensland's five-year stranglehold on State of Origin holding a secret meeting with seven of the state's biggest stars.

Locked away in a room at Cronulla's Rydges Hotel for three hours, Stuart unveiled his plan to restore state pride.

He addressed senior NSW players Paul Gallen, Kurt Gidley, Greg Bird, Luke Lewis, Jarryd Hayne and Mitchell Pearce and his backroom staff in his first major assignment as new NSW coach.

"I think we got a fair bit out of it," Bird said. "Everyone gave their opinions on what needs to improve and what they think can be done better. The main thing was to promote a bit of stability, which is probably something we have been lacking.

"Knowing Sticky and what he is about, he is definitely capable of achieving it. He will go away and work on some things after hearing what we all had to say."

In the first indication that he is poised to win a place in Stuart's new-look side, Dally M medal winner Todd Carney was also at the extraordinary meeting.

Players were invited to take ownership of the team and create a culture to match the passion of the all-conquering Maroons.

"It is good to catch up with Ricky and the boys and begin thinking about what we need to do," Gidley said. "It has been a few years since Ricky has been here and he is very excited about the role, as are we. This is where it all begins."

Unveiling his coaching and management team for the very first time, Stuart sat across from former Cronulla playmaker Trent Barrett, trainer Ronnie Palmer and football manager Craig Young. In his opening address, Stuart told the players he wanted to create a stable environment that would provide the platform to topple Mal Meninga and the Maroons.

"All of the guys here have played Origin before with the exception of Carney," Gidley said.

"So it is a good idea to get us all together and have a bit if a chat about what happened last year and also the future."

During the star-studded State of Origin conference, Stuart invited the players to put forward ideas and thoughts on how to improve the side and also the culture.

"There are some things that we can do better, and that's what this has all been about," Gidley said.

"There are some things we can do within the camps and with preparation that will help us improve. Mostly it was about catching up and bouncing around some ideas from the players and from Sticky."

Gidley applauded the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]'s move to employ a full-time coach.
"We had a bit of a chat about it and I think it takes a bit of pressure off him because he doesn't need to go back to his club team," Gidley said.

Gidley also backed Stuart to help NSW win back the coveted State of Origin trophy, last won by a Stuart-coached side in 2005.

"For sure," Gidley said. "It is a big possibility and we will go into the series with a lot of confidence."

After the meeting, Stuart took the players out on Port Hacking for a low-key bonding session.

Geez I hope we win again
Shame they didnt hav a few dragons players there....coming off the GF win installs confidence....I thnk the blues need that
ashley is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2011, 12:51 AM   #95
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley View Post
Shame they didnt hav a few dragons players there....coming off the GF win installs confidence....I thnk the blues need that
Ben Creagh v J ustin Hodges

Biggest cat act I have seen in League
teke is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2011, 12:55 AM   #96
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Ben Creagh v J ustin Hodges

Biggest cat act I have seen in League
Must have missed that ONE...show me some video if yo have it

All i can remember is Ben crashing over for lots of trys and busting the line open
ashley is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2011, 01:56 AM   #97
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley View Post
Must have missed that ONE...show me some video if yo have it

All i can remember is Ben crashing over for lots of trys and busting the line open
Come on now, you have seen the footage of Creagh pooping his pants when Hodges squared up to him
teke is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2011, 03:43 AM   #98
OZ Puncher
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 700

Come on now Teke, we also saw Price get dropped by White, and Hodges offering him out and didn't make one move towards him. Hodges has been decked by Grothe, he would have surely been cleaned up again by White.

Now don't get me wrong, Hodges is a great player, but he is also a great wanker too.

Re. Creagh, yeah he ran for sure. But not every player has the heart of lions.

Re. Article, if Gidley is in any sort of captaincy position let alone in the team, that is just one position wasted.

God I hope they don't play him, and I also hope NSW kicks arse!
OZ Puncher is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2011, 03:50 AM   #99
Barrera_fan
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Dragons nsw rep players, morris creagh and weyman, don't seem to make the same impact in state of origin as they do when playing for their club.

Where as fien, nightingale, smith for nz and costigan for qld have played really well.
Barrera_fan is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2011, 05:00 AM   #100
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ Puncher View Post
Come on now Teke, we also saw Price get dropped by White, and Hodges offering him out and didn't make one move towards him. Hodges has been decked by Grothe, he would have surely been cleaned up again by White.

Now don't get me wrong, Hodges is a great player, but he is also a great wanker too.

Re. Creagh, yeah he ran for sure. But not every player has the heart of lions.

Re. Article, if Gidley is in any sort of captaincy position let alone in the team, that is just one position wasted.

God I hope they don't play him, and I also hope NSW kicks arse!
It matters little who would deck who he ran like a little bitch. The only person I have ever seen do it
teke is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2011, 06:34 PM   #101
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side VIP

Quote:
It matters little who would deck who he ran like a little bitch. The only person I have ever seen do it
hate to admit it because he's a good player and great
at breaking the line and offloading but yeah he did run
like a bitch.
Old 01-16-2011, 11:18 PM   #102
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiflers mum View Post
hate to admit it because he's a good player and great
at breaking the line and offloading but yeah he did run
like a bitch.
Garry Jack tried running but Cliffy caught him so Roberts could give him a touch up
teke is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2011, 07:08 PM   #103
pecks
East Side Guru

vCash: 1908

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

pecks is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2011, 07:54 PM   #104
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side VIP

great news for Barerra Fan.
premierships at his last 2 clubs.could this be the year the Sharkies break the drought?
Old 01-17-2011, 07:56 PM   #105
Rooster4Life
Easts Till I Die
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks View Post

You will need any break you can get.

If he doesn't play, No problem we will still win, Just slot Anasta and 5/8

We beat you in Round 1 last year with Carney playing his first NRL game at Fullback

So i think we will manage without him, Its not like we are playing a dangerous team anyway.
Rooster4Life is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum