Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2011, 01:27 AM   #106
Barrera_fan
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 466
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Official 2011 Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiflers mum View Post
great news for Barerra Fan.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
premierships at his last 2 clubs.could this be the year the Sharkies break the drought?
Great player but i still don't even think we'll make the top 8.
Barrera_fan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2011, 09:49 PM   #107
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bulldogs v Titans 2013 GF
Posts: 7,740
vCash: 2611
Default Re: Official 2011 Aussie NRL Thread

MANLY'S forgotten man David Williams believes he and the returning Brett Stewart can get Manly back to their premiership-winning form in 2011.

NSW winger Williams missed the whole of last season after undergoing a shoulder reconstruction, along with Stewart, who was sidelined after round one with a knee injury.


Manly laboured their way into the top eight after struggling in the second half of last season and, although there are few new faces at Brookvale, Williams believes the more familiar ones can help recapture the form of the 2008 grand final-winning team.


"The shoulder is all good, I am sticking to my schedule, I am back in full training and I am looking forward to my first game," Williams said.
"I have had both shoulders done now and the other one is strong and hopefully this one will be the same and I can get back on track.


"Training has been good but I feel like a bit of a new boy being back with the boys but, from what I can see, the boys are training well and I think we will be strong this year and definitely be challenging and get back to where we were."


Powerhouse prop George Rose, another player who was in and out of the treatment room last season, says the return of Stewart is as good as a new signing for the Sea Eagles.


"It is always good to have 'Snake' back, he is good to have around the club and gives a lot of energy to the boys and I'm sure everyone connected with the club can't wait to see him back," Rose said.


Like fellow forward Shane Rodney, who is also on course to be back for the start of the season after rupturing his anterior cruciate ligament late last year, Rose is hopeful of an uninterrupted, injury-free campaign.


"We had some terrible luck with injuries last year, and for me personally it was a frustrating season but I hope this season will be better," he said.


The likeable 27-year-old also backed rookie halfback Daly Cherry-Evans to fill the void left by the departing Trent Hodkinson, despite his "odd-shaped body".


"He's good, but he's got really short legs, a long torso and long neck and a really skinny head ... you really notice it when you look at him," Rose said.
"That aside, he looks good in training and his kicking ability and passing have been very impressive."


teke is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 10:46 PM   #108
Rooster4Life
Easts Till I Die
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Engadine-NSW
Posts: 1,466
vCash: 300
Default Re: Official 2011 Aussie NRL Thread

As if Inglis is at playing weight..He still looks at least 5kgs too heavy.
Rooster4Life is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 11:02 PM   #109
Rooster4Life
Easts Till I Die
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Engadine-NSW
Posts: 1,466
vCash: 300
Default Re: Official 2011 Aussie NRL Thread

I can not believe how the Souths build up to this year is so similar to last year.

A bunch of hype and expectations. GI has so much weight on his shoulders (not all that weight is from his chin).

Last year it was the forward pack, Now its GI.

And they are even one of the favs to win the comp...over the Roosters.


Whether Souths win round 1 or not they will have a similar year to last year. Over Hyped again and they will over estimate there team and around mid season they will purely rely on GI.
Rooster4Life is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 11:10 PM   #110
pecks
*****
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 6,753
vCash: 1908
Default Re: Official 2011 Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster4Life View Post
I can not believe how the Souths build up to this year is so similar to last year.

A bunch of hype and expectations. GI has so much weight on his shoulders (not all that weight is from his chin).

Last year it was the forward pack, Now its GI.

And they are even one of the favs to win the comp...over the Roosters.


Whether Souths win round 1 or not they will have a similar year to last year. Over Hyped again and they will over estimate there team and around mid season they will purely rely on GI.

AWW...LOOKS LIKE SOMEONE NEEDS A WOWWY POP!

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]




pecks is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 12:57 AM   #111
Rooster4Life
Easts Till I Die
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Engadine-NSW
Posts: 1,466
vCash: 300
Default Re: Official 2011 Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks View Post

AWW...LOOKS LIKE SOMEONE NEEDS A WOWWY POP!

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]





lol, you know it be true.


i know for a fact you don't like all the hype around your team.

You didn't like it last year either.

P.S Take your wowwy pop and stick it up your ass you sick old man.
Rooster4Life is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 01:28 AM   #112
pecks
*****
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 6,753
vCash: 1908
Default Re: Official 2011 Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster4Life View Post
lol, you know it be true.


i know for a fact you don't like all the hype around your team.

You didn't like it last year either.

P.S Take your wowwy pop and stick it up your ass you sick old man.
How about I stick it up your menstruating fanny ya non alcohol drinking, go to the games with ya laptop, puncy dork!

The media are talking about Souths
The punters have Souths favorites ahead of my team

Maybe Nate Myles could shit in a lobby again to drag back some of that media attention that you seem to so desperately crave. Or better yet, maybe you can just stop being a ***** for 5 minutes and get over it.
pecks is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 02:21 AM   #113
Rooster4Life
Easts Till I Die
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Engadine-NSW
Posts: 1,466
vCash: 300
Default Re: Official 2011 Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks View Post
How about I stick it up your menstruating fanny ya non alcohol drinking, go to the games with ya laptop, puncy dork!

The media are talking about Souths
The punters have Souths favorites ahead of my team

Maybe Nate Myles could shit in a lobby again to drag back some of that media attention that you seem to so desperately crave. Or better yet, maybe you can just stop being a ***** for 5 minutes and get over it.
I actually love Roosters to be less favs for the comp.

I read back on the old thread "All You Souths Fans" that i made before round 1 last year, and i noticed you saying then that you didnt like how the media spotlight was on your team,THis year is the same thing.

As i said before i am happy Roosters arnt hot favs, and im happy you guys are all in the media, And im Happy GI has the world on his shoulders.

Just like last year....All The Presure is On The Wabbits. I Love It.
Rooster4Life is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 02:25 AM   #114
pecks
*****
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 6,753
vCash: 1908
Default Re: Official 2011 Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster4Life View Post

Just like last year....All The Presure is On The Wabbits. I Love It.
You werent loving it 3 posts ago.
pecks is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 02:38 AM   #115
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Anyone got a tissue? mum-Danny Green
Posts: 10,036
vCash: 75
Default Re: Official 2011 Aussie NRL Thread

stiflers mum is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 02:39 AM   #116
Rooster4Life
Easts Till I Die
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Engadine-NSW
Posts: 1,466
vCash: 300
Default Re: Official 2011 Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks View Post
You werent loving it 3 posts ago.
3 posts ago i was saying i couldn't believe they have nearly the same build up as last year, last year it was so bad for them and it effected them, and they are letting it happen again this year. Thats all i was stating.


How 1 man made your teams odds jump through the roof...if that isnt over hype i don't know what is.


If i were you i would be worried about it, But i guess your not..so i will drop it.

P.S i think you need to sit back and breath my friend, you seem a little tense, Lashing out at me over little things..you used to be such a smooth charecter.
Rooster4Life is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 02:42 AM   #117
Rooster4Life
Easts Till I Die
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Engadine-NSW
Posts: 1,466
vCash: 300
Default Re: Official 2011 Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiflers mum View Post
It is more like this


<--Pecks | Me-->
Rooster4Life is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 04:00 AM   #118
pecks
*****
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 6,753
vCash: 1908
Default Re: Official 2011 Aussie NRL Thread


<----Rooster4Life: Me------>


<------------- Rest of ESB
















.........<-------- Stifflers Mum.
pecks is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 04:16 AM   #119
pecks
*****
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 6,753
vCash: 1908
Default Re: Official 2011 Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster4Life View Post
3 posts ago i was saying i couldn't believe they have nearly the same build up as last year, last year it was so bad for them and it effected them, and they are letting it happen again this year. Thats all i was stating.


How 1 man made your teams odds jump through the roof...if that isnt over hype i don't know what is.


If i were you i would be worried about it, But i guess your not..so i will drop it.

P.S i think you need to sit back and breath my friend, you seem a little tense, Lashing out at me over little things..you used to be such a smooth charecter.
Dont get sooky with me now.

Fact is that the media love writing about Souths. Just last week they had a story on Sam Burgess' love life and Dave Taylor's weight FFS.
It's part and parcel of being the biggest league club in the NRL. You ought to see that from being in the red and greens shadow and all.
pecks is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 04:39 AM   #120
Rooster4Life
Easts Till I Die
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Engadine-NSW
Posts: 1,466
vCash: 300
Default Re: Official 2011 Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks View Post
Dont get sooky with me now.

Fact is that the media love writing about Souths. Just last week they had a story on Sam Burgess' love life and Dave Taylor's weight FFS.
It's part and parcel of being the biggest league club in the NRL. You ought to see that from being in the red and greens shadow and all.
lol i can not wait till Round 1 so you can go back into your shell like last year.
Rooster4Life is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013