Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 01-16-2011, 09:55 PM   #376
pecks
East Side Guru

vCash: 1908
Default Re: SBW vs Scott Lewis PPV - Boxa's biggest slap in the face to boxing yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiflers mum View Post
next World cup win for the All Blacks 20a87.
pecks is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2011, 11:32 PM   #377
Rodin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: SBW vs Scott Lewis PPV - Boxa's biggest slap in the face to boxing yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley View Post

Also I told you the Dib v John fight was close and again you said no way....how wrong were you

Mate, I don't know what your definition of "Getting close" is, but of all people, suggesting that Billy is close to fighting Chris John has to be the vaguest assumption I've heard in a long time.

If Craig/Chris does take the fight, it will be because of lack of other top 10 opportunities.
I'm not being negative towards him, He just has not beat anyone convincingly that is even close to a John victim, let alone Chris.

I think, at this stage at least, it's just chook feed.
Rodin is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2011, 12:27 AM   #378
AustraHungarian
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodin View Post
Mate, I don't know what your definition of "Getting close" is, but of all people, suggesting that Billy is close to fighting Chris John has to be the vaguest assumption I've heard in a long time.

If Craig/Chris does take the fight, it will be because of lack of other top 10 opportunities.
I'm not being negative towards him, He just has not beat anyone convincingly that is even close to a John victim, let alone Chris.

I think, at this stage at least, it's just chook feed.
Agree! John v Grub Dib will be "getting close" after the contract is signed, fight is announced, tix have gone on sale and we are a week out. Until then, it is just talk and nothing more! Only known retard like that moron Ash would define "getting close" any other way!

Personally, I'd rather see Juanma Lopez v Dib because Lopez would deliver a guaranteed highlight reel KO of shitbag Dib within two rounds! I guess if John v Dib comes off I will have to satisfy myself with a prolonged beating of rather than a swift and brutal flooring! Either way, I'm a happy man!
AustraHungarian is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2011, 07:26 AM   #379
Aotearoa_Tblack

vCash: 500

I know its ridiculas that its ppv maineven, but it actualy might be a decent fight saw lewis beat up webb another nrl convert and Sonny billy didnt look to flash knocking out people who were told not to hit him, i will watch it definatly, just on youtube and not ppv
Aotearoa_Tblack is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2011, 07:45 PM   #380
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aotearoa_Tblack View Post
I know its ridiculas that its ppv maineven, but it actualy might be a decent fight saw lewis beat up webb another nrl convert and Sonny billy didnt look to flash knocking out people who were told not to hit him, i will watch it definatly, just on youtube and not ppv
same here i will watch you-tube hell if it was on FOX Thursday night fights i would watch it but every time
a shit fight like this is PPV we probably miss out on a good
overseas fight.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 01-18-2011, 01:45 AM   #381
Barrera_fan
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiflers mum View Post
same here i will watch you-tube hell if it was on FOX Thursday night fights i would watch it but every time
a shit fight like this is PPV we probably miss out on a good
overseas fight.
Alexander vs Bradley is on main event the next day, will definitely be getting that fight.
Barrera_fan is offline  Top
Old 01-18-2011, 01:59 AM   #382
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrera_fan View Post
Alexander vs Bradley is on main event the next day, will definitely be getting that fight.
As will i.
Also Donaire vs Montiel in Feb should be awesome.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 01-19-2011, 07:23 PM   #383
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side VIP

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Lewis is ready to face Williams

BY SEAN CUNNINGHAM
19 Jan, 2011 01:00 AM
BRADBURY boxer Scott Lewis plans to take another former rugby league player's scalp when he takes on Kiwi Sonny Bill Williams later this month.Last year, Lewis stopped North Queensland Cowboys rugby league player Carl Webb, who was making his professional boxing debut.
The 36-year-old, who fights out of the Southern Cross Boxing Gym, Campbelltown, will step into the ring with Williams on January 29 at the Gold Coast.
Under the guidance of his manager Terry Devlin, whose friendship with Lewis dates back to their rugby league days as juniors, Lewis plans to derail Williams' boxing career.
Devlin is confident Lewis can stop an Anthony Mundine-trained Williams with a constant barrage of punches.
"I'm more than confident Scott can stop him within the scheduled eight rounds," Devlin said.
"I think Scotty will stop him in the fifth round. As a trainer last year I caused more upsets than anyone I had a lot of titles come back to the gym when we were written off and I'm sure they've picked the wrong opponent in Scotty.
"They might have been confident at first but they're worried now."
Lewis has received a massive confidence boost by sparring with Australian heavyweight Michael Kirby.
Devlin said his No.1 fighter said Williams would wake up the day after the fight "not looking so pretty".
"I know what Sonny Bill's plan of attack will be and I plan to take his gameplan away from him," Devlin said. "He's only done three rounds of boxing and Scotty will be able to adjust to three gameplans, depending what happens during the night. That'll frustrate Sonny Bill.
"Scotty's confidence is right up and he'll be able to alter his style to suit whatever happens in the ring."
Devlin praised Lewis's sponsors for helping his fighter to leave work to train for six weeks in the lead-up to the fight.
"During this time I've had Scotty running from the train station at Campbelltown to St Greg's College twice a day," Devlin said.
"Scotty's sparring partners have been about 25 kilos heavier than him, too they've been big boys."
Lewis record stands at seven fights, with three wins and four losses.

Please enter your Screen name

Please enter your Email Address

Please enter a valid Email Address

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Ready to go: Scott Lewis takes a break from training in the lead-up to his fight against former rugby league player Sonny Bill Williams.Picture:

lets hope this is another fight we can you-tube and laugh
at after.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:29 PM   #384
pecks
East Side Guru

vCash: 1908

Looks like Stiffy is all pumped up for his PPV purchase.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 01-19-2011, 07:30 PM   #385
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks View Post
Looks like Stiffy is all pumped up for his PPV purchase.
Old 01-23-2011, 04:11 PM   #386
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 970

Move over 'Smokin' Joe Frazier!

'Smokin' Sonny Bill Williams is 'one of our finest up-and-comers' according to Sky.....

...but he's also got a busted up foot.

Medics watch as Sonny Bill boxes on

by Chris Rattue - NZ Herald - 24th Jan 2011

Oh dear. Sonny Bill Williams' boxing career is already limping. And wait, there's more, another bout in the World Cup season.

Will our super hero survive? Can't wait to find out.

Williams still has a stress fracture of the foot, the Sunday Star-Times has revealed, received during the end-of-season All Black tour.

Smokin' Sonny, one of boxing's finest up-and-comers, according to a Sky television press release, can't even "stretch out" on the injury, and may miss the opening of the rugby season.

But rest easy, fight fans, because the kid will continue preparing for Saturday night's "Match-Up of the Millennium" against "Sensational" Scott Lewis in Australia.

Thank goodness Williams won't let rugby interfere with a burgeoning boxing career.

According to SBDub himself, he can still "bounce around", a fortunate coincidence because this is what some boxing training involves.

It's news, though, that boxing training doesn't involve any genuine running. Ah well, you live and learn.

This sort of situation first emerged when the New Zealand Rugby Union allowed Dan Carter to play in France.

Releasing stars for short-sharp assignments, to outfits wanting full value for their buck and with no long- term interest in the players' welfare, means the finest rugby medical standards are in danger of getting the boot.

The traditional remedy for stress fractures is rest from activity that aggravates the problem. You would guess that those looking after Williams - All Black doctor Deb Robinson is said to be in "close contact" - will rely on Williams himself to reveal whether each particular training activity causes pain.

Close contact, the real sort that involves unimpeded line of sight, helps medicos reach their own conclusions.

I doubt whether Robinson is actually in the gym, watching Williams train every day. And let's be honest, left to its own devices boxing is the shonkiest (and most injury- prone) of sports.

If Williams suffers further injuries, in training or during the bout, he is unlikely to do the most sensible thing as far as his World Cup prospects go.

Furthermore, how ludicrous that Williams is allowed another bout during the 2011 rugby season, as has also been revealed. Williams needs the maximum game time to develop still raw potential.

The questions should be: "Is boxing the very best course for his safe, quick and full stress fracture recovery?" and "Is a mid-season bout the ultimate in rugby training?"

You may answer yes. The Crusaders may say yes. The All Blacks may say yes. The Dalai Lama, the Pope and Barack Obama may say yes. Even Steve Tew may say yes.

Not me, though.

...Nothing to the head - keep 'em down please Bob!

Last edited by COULDHAVEBEEN; 01-23-2011 at 05:23 PM.
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2011, 07:53 PM   #387
FORMIDABLE
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 275

This would have to be the biggest joke of a PPV ever. Sonny Bill's no pro boxer, he's not even an amateur. How the hell does he headline a PPV? What next, Matthew Newton vs Wawrick Capper? Disgraceful
FORMIDABLE is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2011, 08:09 PM   #388
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

SBW is in debt to Mundine and Khoder

He has contractual obligations to fulfil - he's their puppet.
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2011, 08:12 PM   #389
DBerry
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORMIDABLE View Post
This would have to be the biggest joke of a PPV ever. Sonny Bill's no pro boxer, he's not even an amateur. How the hell does he headline a PPV? What next, Matthew Newton vs Wawrick Capper? Disgraceful
I'd pay to see that
DBerry is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2011, 10:11 PM   #390
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 970

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBerry View Post
I'd pay to see that

Newton sure seems to fancy himself fighting against girls. Would be good to see the likes of Capper deliver Newton some pain of his own.
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum