Old 08-16-2010, 06:15 AM   #46
Boxerguy000
WI.BoxerGuy

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Competing in amateur boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolya View Post
Nope.
Reply number 39 wasn't posted by me, I don't know who got into my profile and posted it by I never said that. I fight in tough mancontests and know that I can never box as an amateur in the U.S because of it.
Boxerguy000 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2010, 04:23 AM   #47
podai2010

vCash: 500

Hello!!!

Those tips are really important,thanks for posting it...!!!!

-=-=-=--=-=-==-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] | [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] | [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
podai2010 is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2011, 05:57 PM   #48
willmc83
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland Deschain View Post
Can you still box in the amateurs if you've fought as a professional in MMA? If this has been covered I apologize. I would assume no.
Yes, I've fought a professional MMA fighter in an amateur contest.
willmc83 is offline  Top
Old 01-25-2011, 11:23 AM   #49
Kolya
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by willmc83 View Post
Yes, I've fought a professional MMA fighter in an amateur contest.

That will be different in the US, once you're a pro in any combat sport here you can't box in USA Boxing.
Kolya is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2011, 09:23 PM   #50
neoalphaone

if you are a registered amateur do you need a trainer to sign up for tournaments?

Last edited by neoalphaone; 02-11-2011 at 04:31 PM.
neoalphaone is offline  Top
Old 02-23-2011, 12:49 PM   #51
Sheriff
Journeyman

If you have an amateur license can is that valid everywhere or do you have to get a new one, another medical and all if your abroad?
Sheriff is offline  Top
Old 03-06-2011, 01:36 PM   #52
Kolya
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff View Post
If you have an amateur license can is that valid everywhere or do you have to get a new one, another medical and all if your abroad?

Depends. I BELIEVE an AIBA book, which is what most of the world uses, it valid worldwide. When Canadians come to the US they use their blue AIBA books and our Chief of Officials at the shows in the US fill them out just the same. I don't think however that a USA Boxing book would be valid overseas, typically when our national teams go over they have an International book they carry as well as their domestic USA Boxing passbook.
Kolya is offline  Top
Old 06-07-2011, 09:30 PM   #53
Sp_Immortal
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I have a question.

If your over 35 I heard you have to fight in something called "the masters division", where you can only fight against others in that same division and extra padding and extra large gloves are often required.

Is there any what to get around that and just fight regular amateur fights, like exebitions maybe?
Sp_Immortal is offline  Top
Old 06-14-2011, 10:23 AM   #54
Straight Shoota
Contender
ESB Senior Member

In australia,nsw.Why do i hear this guy won a state title etc etc,with minimal fights/experience..hows it work? is there a tournment or?
Straight Shoota is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2011, 12:21 PM   #55
Kolya
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp_Immortal View Post
I have a question.

If your over 35 I heard you have to fight in something called "the masters division", where you can only fight against others in that same division and extra padding and extra large gloves are often required.

Is there any what to get around that and just fight regular amateur fights, like exebitions maybe?

Nope. Not in the US. Masters Division is what a regular amateur fight is in the US for over 35; exhibitions don't go in the US, or aren't supposed to happen. And if they do they won't count for any record and usually you aren't going to be wearing normal competition gloves in an exhibition if someone puts one on.
Kolya is offline  Top
Old 07-05-2011, 12:13 PM   #56
allenko1
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I have a friend who is ready to compete. Can he register and fight right after that or does he have to wait until September? I ask because I seem to remember something about a registration freeze from July 1-August 31, but I don't know if they still do that.
allenko1 is offline  Top
Old 07-25-2011, 06:45 PM   #57
KingSalomon

How Long Should I Be Training if I Jus Started And Want To Get Into Ameture Fights.
KingSalomon is offline  Top
Old 08-06-2011, 02:18 AM   #58
Kolya
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingSalomon View Post
How Long Should I Be Training if I Jus Started And Want To Get Into Ameture Fights.

That's up to your trainer. No set time frame for that.
Kolya is offline  Top
Old 08-25-2011, 06:50 PM   #59
evan_bod
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoalphaone View Post
if you are a registered amateur do you need a trainer to sign up for tournaments?
I don't think you need a trainer. At the last GG I was in at least two of the fighters weren't attached to any gym and trainers/coaches were assigned to them to be in their corner.
evan_bod is offline  Top
Old 09-01-2011, 03:08 AM   #60
newboxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolya View Post
Hey, this is for all of you who come on and want to learn to box and get some fights, but don't know how. Each of us with some experience will post how to go about doing it in our respective countries. I'll start with the US

Competing in USA Boxing:

To do this you'll need to find the registration chair for your LBC. USA Boxing is composed of LBCs (Local Boxing Committee) and is responsible for the registration of all people in their jurisdiction. For example, if you live in Washington DC, you would register in the Potomac Valley Association LBC (and as an aside, you would need to go to Sugar Ray Leonard's gym to do this). This is a full list of the LBCs in USA Boxing: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

To register you'll need 2 passport photos and a copy of your birth certificate, and if under 18, you need a parent signature. It costs 40 dollars a year and you're registered for the whole year that way. You'll be given a USA Boxing passbook which will over time reflect the record of the fights you've had. From there, you just need to get in a gym and get to work (typically, you would get your passbook after being in the gym a while, though). Also, as a note, you don't need to be with a gym to get registered. When the registration chair asks what club you're with, just say you're unattached.

Also, an extra note: the Golden Gloves is NOT a seperate sanctioning body. It is a franchise that is a member group of USA Boxing, along with the National PAL. Golden Gloves is a major ranking tournament that, like the USAs, begins at the LBC level, progresses to the regional (or in the case of Golden Gloves, franchise) level; and if you win that are on to the National Championships.

can you add the existing page as the link you added isnt available ( it is 8/29/11) so maybe it just ran out but if you could post a recent page it would be very grateful, im new to this, and am very interested as i dont not know how the army is going, and i need a fall back plan (sry) was this or college.. so hear i am if you could inform me it would be greatful if not its ok i can find out for myself.
newboxing is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing