Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 07-03-2007, 07:51 PM   #31
Cojimar 1945
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Holyfield's comeback

Some may have found the Holyfield-Savarese fight entertaining but many heavyweights out there would be favored to beat Savarese. The top heavyweights in the division would be hugely favored to beat Savarese so I don't see how the fight would suggest the division is weak.
Cojimar 1945 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2007, 11:08 PM   #32
pipe wrenched
ESB ELITE SQUAD
East Side VIP

vCash: 1852

Go and Give Em HELL HOLYFIELD!!!!
pipe wrenched is offline  Top
Old 07-04-2007, 02:19 PM   #33
jhar26
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakman
I tell you this - if Evander wins a belt - which is entirely possible in today's mediocre division, there will be little doubt about who the best HW of the last 20 years was!!!!
If he takes Wlad's belt, maybe.
jhar26 is offline  Top
Old 07-04-2007, 03:47 PM   #34
divac
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonD
Yeah, I thought the Holyfield fans always say he was utterly shot back in '99?
Then what the hell is he doing still picking up wins against decent, if faded, competition, going 10 and 12 rounds without a problem?

I'm glad to see the old codger doing well. But at the end of things, I still see Holyfield's last fight ending in a massive KO loss, most probably to a guy he would've beat in his heyday. Nothing less will make him stop fighting.

I'm not one of those that are on the current bandwagon.
Next to Zakman, I'm probably Holyfield's biggest fan on this board.

I've seen enough of Holyfield since the Toney fight to convince me he has no business fighting.

Even in a fight I thought he won, against Fres Oquendo, he looked unwilling to pull the trigger when openings were there.

I have'nt seen the Savarese fight, but I dont have too.
It does'nt suprise me that Holyfield would look good vs a fighter who's more past it than he is.
Lou is a slow plodding fighter that comes right too you. At this age in Holyfield's career, thats exactly the type of fighter that he needs to make him look halfway decent.

There might be one or two current top Heavyweights that Holyfield could make a run against. But a fighter like Maskaev is'nt anybody special. Holyfield might be able to get past Maskaev if he has a great night.
But whats the point really?????
It saddens me that Holyfield is still talking Undisputed Heavyweight.....

Wlad, Peter, Vitali, and even a couple of the other champions who are in their full primes as champions......absolutely no way that Evander has an honest chance of coming anywhere close to taking those guys.

I'll always root for Holyfield, but I'm scared for him everytime he steps in the ring!
divac is offline  Top
Old 07-04-2007, 03:54 PM   #35
My dinner with Conteh
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by divac
I'm not one of those that are on the current bandwagon.
Next to Zakman, I'm probably Holyfield's biggest fan on this board.

I've seen enough of Holyfield since the Toney fight to convince me he has no business fighting.

Even in a fight I thought he won, against Fres Oquendo, he looked unwilling to pull the trigger when openings were there.

I have'nt seen the Savarese fight, but I dont have too.
It does'nt suprise me that Holyfield would look good vs a fighter who's more past it than he is.
Lou is a slow plodding fighter that comes right too you. At this age in Holyfield's career, thats exactly the type of fighter that he needs to make him look halfway decent.

There might be one or two current top Heavyweights that Holyfield could make a run against. But a fighter like Maskaev is'nt anybody special. Holyfield might be able to get past Maskaev if he has a great night.
But whats the point really?????
It saddens me that Holyfield is still talking Undisputed Heavyweight.....

Wlad, Peter, Vitali, and even a couple of the other champions who are in their full primes as champions......absolutely no way that Evander has an honest chance of coming anywhere close to taking those guys.

I'll always root for Holyfield, but I'm scared for him everytime he steps in the ring!

Good post, I'm with you there. I loved Evander, but he's only going to damage his health- he could end up demented.
My dinner with Conteh is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum