Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 02-07-2011, 12:40 PM   #16
red cobra
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: How would Danny Lopez do against Barrera & Morales?

Quote:
Originally Posted by red cobra View Post
Little Red may have caught and pulverized Morales, but the Hamed version of Morales would have been too clever.
Just noticed by sloppy post...I mean't of course, the "Hamed version of MAB"...in other words, I think that version of MAB would have likely eluded Lopez and would have used the jab intelligently to earn a decision.
red cobra is offline  Top
Old 02-07-2011, 08:40 PM   #17
Bill Butcher
Erik`El Terrible`Morales
East Side VIP

Location: Phoenix Marie`s ass, Fritzl Residence, Glasgow, Scotland.

I would favour both over him because they are better technical boxers, Lopez always has a punchers chance tho, Morales has a better chin than Barrera but is more likely to trade if hurt but all in all Id say both at their FW best would be too good technically for Lopez.

Both fights likely go 12.
Bill Butcher is offline  Top
Old 02-07-2011, 08:43 PM   #18
Bill Butcher
Erik`El Terrible`Morales
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYSON DURAN View Post
I know the Paulie Ayala was in 2004 (after the date you set) but it did show that he was capable of fighting in this way.
Morales beat Ayala in 02, Barrera beat Ayala in 04.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2011, 08:49 PM   #19
Bill Butcher
Erik`El Terrible`Morales
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPater11093 View Post
I agree with the consensus.

A Featherweight Barrera probably keeps a disciplined display of boxing with good angles and crisp punches to out-point an ever-game Lopez.

Morales I feel will start out good but maybe get over-eager and get involved with Lopez and be hurt and decked and possibly taken out.
You underrate Morales intelligence when faced with a dangerous opponent, Erik is actually a better distance-boxer than Marco, its just that Marco avoids the wars mostly by boxing, Erik enjoys the wars... but he`s a smart fighter, he knows danger when he sees it & he aint going in there to bang it out with Lopez... he`ll likely participate in the odd stand-off because thats just the type of guy he is but he`ll be back to boxing as soon as he`s made his statement.
Old 02-07-2011, 08:55 PM   #20
Clinton
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I'm a fan of all 3,and I have to go along with the consensus.Barrera and Morales would outbox Danny as they were both more polished.However,Danny ALWAYS has a puncher's chance,except of course,when he's fighter Chava.
Clinton is offline  Top
Old 02-07-2011, 08:55 PM   #21
Bill Butcher
Erik`El Terrible`Morales
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zopilote View Post
I think people are understamating Morales here...If Morales would box like he chose to at times (Paulie Ayala), he definetly gets the win.

and call me crazy, but id favor Morales more than Barrera in this match up...
Me too, just a quick look at their common opponents tells me Morales is the safer bet, the guy never come close to being stopped in his prime, MAB was sparked by Jones & Pac either side of the Hamed fight, Lopez has better chance vs Barrera for sure IMO... Id pick both over him tho.
Old 02-11-2011, 01:21 PM   #22
GPater11093
Barry
East Side VIP

vCash: 836

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Butcher View Post
You underrate Morales intelligence when faced with a dangerous opponent, Erik is actually a better distance-boxer than Marco, its just that Marco avoids the wars mostly by boxing, Erik enjoys the wars... but he`s a smart fighter, he knows danger when he sees it & he aint going in there to bang it out with Lopez... he`ll likely participate in the odd stand-off because thats just the type of guy he is but he`ll be back to boxing as soon as he`s made his statement.
I'm not sure he is a flat-out better 'distance-boxer' than Barrera.

Yes, he is taller and uses his height fairly well with his jab and straight right with simple boxing skills, but solid ones. He just always strikes me as a sloppy, somewhat, over-eager fighter, who, was less disciplined than Barrera.

Barrera on the otherhand, may not have the physicality at longrange but, he, to me, is the better boxer and talent. He seems much more comfortable dictating of the back foot with controlled combinations and counter-punches and lovely angles. He has a solid skill-set at all ranges and is a superb ring-general, something that Morales was not IMO.
GPater11093 is offline  Top
Old 02-11-2011, 03:19 PM   #23
anarci
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPater11093 View Post
I'm not sure he is a flat-out better 'distance-boxer' than Barrera.

Yes, he is taller and uses his height fairly well with his jab and straight right with simple boxing skills, but solid ones. He just always strikes me as a sloppy, somewhat, over-eager fighter, who, was less disciplined than Barrera.

Barrera on the otherhand, may not have the physicality at longrange but, he, to me, is the better boxer and talent. He seems much more comfortable dictating of the back foot with controlled combinations and counter-punches and lovely angles. He has a solid skill-set at all ranges and is a superb ring-general, something that Morales was not IMO.
Agreed thats why i think Little Red has a better shot at beating Morales.
anarci is offline  Top
Old 02-11-2011, 03:25 PM   #24
red cobra
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarci View Post
Agreed thats why i think Little Red has a better shot at beating Morales.
I think so too..Little Red had an uncanny ability to find an available chin...and Morale's chin was more available than MAB's...I'm talking of the vs Hamed version of MAB.
red cobra is offline  Top
Old 02-11-2011, 04:50 PM   #25
teeto
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Location: Team Ireland Manor, Easing Pabuiao into the life of managing the GOAT

I see a lot of people saying that Barrera will outbox him and Morales will fight him and therefore lose, but let's not forget that Morales is great at going toe to toe. He was hot and cold at 126 and that's really the only reason i think he could lose, not because of any styles match-up. Morales is starting to be horribly underrated imo.
teeto is offline  Top
Old 02-11-2011, 04:59 PM   #26
Pachilles
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

When i think about the two, i always think of Barrera as the more vunerable fighter, it terms of being physically dominated by an opponent. Which Lopez qould have to do, but i doubt would be able to.

Morales had a granite chin and steel heart, Lopez is not KOing him or beating the fight out of him. Both Morales and Barrera win a clear cut UD against Little Red, for me. They're both techincally a class above and are far from outmatched physically.
Pachilles is offline  Top
Old 02-11-2011, 05:05 PM   #27
El Bujia
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Both of these fights are 50/50, in my opinion, for reasons that are difficult for me to lay out in words at the moment.
El Bujia is offline  Top
Old 02-12-2011, 05:57 AM   #28
lora
Fighting Zapata
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

I think it's a good point that Barrera is the more physically vulnerable of the two.I also don't think he'll win if he tries to purely outbox Lopez like sanchez did(wearing him out naturaly in the process).He's not elusive, or more importantly mobile enough to do that.

Winning would probably be about getting the balance right between caution and using his more fluid offensive skills and edge in speed to control exchanges.Tough fight for both men, but imo Lopez has more grit and marco is the more likely to get discouraged of the two, like he did against Pac.Not that Lopez is going to outspeed him like that, but he will have to be willing to take some heavy shots.

Morales is about discipline too, tighten up defensively a bit.I don't agree he can't be knocked out by little red though.Great chin and Lopez proof are two different things.

Close fights, not ones i would bet much money on either way.
lora is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum