Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 12-08-2007, 08:51 PM   #1
jones1
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000
Default bobbing and weaving

I've been wondering about this. When you're bobbing and weaving while moving around how do you keep balance? does it have something to do with completing the step before you bob and weave or is something else?
jones1 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2007, 09:44 PM   #2
LoBlow
No Title Needed!
ESB Jr Member

Default Re: bobbing and weaving

uh dude, done rely on input from members of a forum, if you are currently learning to box? then do so the old fashion way, and that is to try it and see for yourself, don't be too dependent on others for things that pertain to you,

Try shadow boxing, and while you are shadow boxing try bobbing and weaving and work on your balance, there you will find the answers to your own question
LoBlow is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2007, 01:09 AM   #3
jones1
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

uhh, dude whats the point of this whole forum? and dont you think ive tried shadowboxing and thats how i know that i cant keep my balance while in motion? and that no matter how much you repeat something its not gonna help you if your not doing the proper technique? tell me why do you post on a boxing training forum if you dont have questions about boxing training? derr
jones1 is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2007, 12:47 PM   #4
RockOn33
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

when im bobbing and weaving, im usually in one spot, and move through my knees. I dont move until im back into as good of balance as i could be.
RockOn33 is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2007, 02:51 PM   #5
LoBlow
No Title Needed!
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jones1
uhh, dude whats the point of this whole forum? and dont you think ive tried shadowboxing and thats how i know that i cant keep my balance while in motion?
maybe you just suck and should just give up the whole idea of boxing? you asked and I gave my honest opinion, I mean really how the heck are you going to read some ones reply to your question and then perfect the task?

And no I don't think you have tried shadow boxing and incorporating the bob and weave because if you did you would have some of better working knowledge on how it should be done by trial and error
LoBlow is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2007, 03:30 PM   #6
jones1
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoBlow
maybe you just suck and should just give up the whole idea of boxing? you asked and I gave my honest opinion, I mean really how the heck are you going to read some ones reply to your question and then perfect the task?

And no I don't think you have tried shadow boxing and incorporating the bob and weave because if you did you would have some of better working knowledge on how it should be done by trial and error
ha yeah thats it, i just suck. and pretty easy actually cuz i found out the answer to my question last night and you can easily understand it by reading it. and it was that you have to wait for your foot to touch the ground so that you have a sturdy base before you can bob and weave. so fast, proper footwork is key. but maybe i should have just tried what i was doing for a few more hours and then that whole concept would have magically dawned on me. but then if i never tried shadowboxing why would i have had a question about what i was doing wrong in the first place? and ha what was your honest opinion? that i should rely on myself for knowledge about this and not ask questions? why are you arguing with me in the first place, isnt the whole point of this forum to ask questions about boxing training?
jones1 is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2007, 03:35 PM   #7
LoBlow
No Title Needed!
ESB Jr Member

Ok champ I am sure i will see you heading up a PPV even soon, keep working on it man

Last edited by ghost123; 10-30-2006 at 08:31 PM.
LoBlow is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2007, 03:47 PM   #8
jones1
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoBlow
Ok champ I am sure i will see you heading up a PPV even soon, keep working on it man
haha k thanks, look for JONES in big letters
jones1 is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2007, 04:10 PM   #9
LoBlow
No Title Needed!
ESB Jr Member

Ok will do
LoBlow is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing