Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 12-08-2007, 07:02 PM   #1
ben1990
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default SHould i continue to box...

I am 12 almost 13and I have had 4 amauter fights. My first amauter fight was an all out brawl and I lost on a split decsion. The next time I fought a guy with 11 fights and he be me alot on points. The 3rd fight I lost to some1 with around 10 fights but I came pretty close to winning, as one judge had me winning.
I am 12 almost 13and I have had 4 amauter fights. My first amauter fight was an all out brawl and I lost on a split decsion. The next time I fought a guy with 11 fights and he be me alot on points. The 3rd fight I lost to some1 with around 10 fights but I came pretty close to winning, as one judge had me winning.I am 12 almost 13and I have had 4 amauter fights. My first amauter fight was an all out brawl and I lost on a split decsion. The next time I fought a guy with 11 fights and he be me alot on points. The 3rd fight I lost to some1 with around 10 fights but I came pretty close to winning, as one judge had me winning.

I was wondering if anyone else had this problem. If you were me would you continue? I am kinda wondering if I should give it up or not. Any tips would appreciated with help on my attitude in the ring.

Last edited by ben1990; 09-01-2013 at 12:09 AM.
ben1990 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2007, 07:22 PM   #2
Kolya
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: SHould i continue to box...

Shit, I've lost 5 fights in a row this year and I'm still moving forward. Don't let it discourage you from your goals; nerves can eat you up in those first few fights which is what makes a match harder than sparring. It takes about 5 fights or so to get things ironed out and get used to it and start using skill anyway. You do need to have a positive mindset though and get used to being in the ring and not being nervous and being confident in yourself, or you won't turn it around.
Kolya is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2007, 03:04 AM   #3
gav_114

keep going mate as long as you still enjoy it as alot of great boxers have said they learn alot more from losses than wins, i want to have my first fight in 08 and im not going out thinking im gonna kick arse from the get go u have to get your fighting feet i reckon
gav_114 is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2007, 11:54 AM   #4
ralphc
Contender
ESB Senior Member

What you need to focus on is why you are losing. Are you giving yourself the best chance to win? How much preparation goes into your fights? Do you have good defensive skills? Are you easy to hit? In any competition there must always be a winner and a loser, but you should avoid giving your opponent the win. He might beat you, but your job is to make it as difficult for him as possible.
ralphc is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2007, 06:03 PM   #5
ben1990
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

well, I seem to get tired which I am going to address now by making sure I do proper amount of running. I am not slow or weak, I have decent speed and power. I think I mentally might need to prepare better because I ussually find myself saying, "What am I doing here?" and I say in my head why did you take this fight you are going to lose. I feel fine until the bell sounds then I kinda freak out.
ben1990 is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2007, 06:20 PM   #6
Johnboy2007
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1075

Are you still learning after every fight? More importantly are you still loving to fight. If both answers is yes then continue! ITs a sport at the end of the day if you love it carry on. If your not enjoying it anymore and after fights you dont know why your getting beat then maybe you are fighting a losing battle and its not for you.
Johnboy2007 is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2007, 06:21 PM   #7
Johnboy2007
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben1990
well, I seem to get tired which I am going to address now by making sure I do proper amount of running. I am not slow or weak, I have decent speed and power. I think I mentally might need to prepare better because I ussually find myself saying, "What am I doing here?" and I say in my head why did you take this fight you are going to lose. I feel fine until the bell sounds then I kinda freak out.
Sounds like a mental thing to me if your thinking what am i doing here and you think your going to lose then you probably will lol. Iv not had any fights so to be honest i cant advise you how to prepare better mentally
Old 12-10-2007, 03:46 AM   #8
IOANNIS
Journeyman

Why don't you ask your trainer? He is the only one you should trust, he is the one who is preparing you for fights not us.
IOANNIS is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2007, 05:02 AM   #9
Johnboy2007
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by IOANNIS
Why don't you ask your trainer? He is the only one you should trust, he is the one who is preparing you for fights not us.
Best advice so far
Old 12-10-2007, 05:09 AM   #10
Des
Journeyman

just keep going if you're having fun!!!!
If you want to continu then thinking about the mental preparation.
Des is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing