James J Jeffries v Mike Tyson. PRIME FOR PRIME

Who wins 15rds ?
Boucher is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2011, 06:30 AM   #2
EverLast
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Iron Man v Iron Mike ?????????

difficult to compare, but i would always say Tyson
EverLast is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2011, 08:02 AM   #3
turpinr
Belt holder
ESB Addict

tyson by murder
turpinr is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2011, 08:07 AM   #4
Bobby Sinn
Bulimba Bullant
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

x2
Bobby Sinn is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2011, 01:49 PM   #5
The Morlocks
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverLast View Post
difficult to compare, but i would always say Tyson
Jeffries takes the early punishment, starts to dish out same and like in EVERY other fight Tyson was physically challenged, he folds his tent and gives up by KO. You can't go against history. Jeffries has as big a heart and could take punishment as well as anyone in history, while putty Mike was the complete opposite. Sooner or later, the myth of Tyson being a great will end. People just say what they wish he had been and not what he really was as a fighter.
The Morlocks is online now  Top
Old 02-19-2011, 03:03 PM   #6
Boucher
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Morlocks View Post
Jeffries takes the early punishment, starts to dish out same and like in EVERY other fight Tyson was physically challenged, he folds his tent and gives up by KO. You can't go against history. Jeffries has as big a heart and could take punishment as well as anyone in history, while putty Mike was the complete opposite. Sooner or later, the myth of Tyson being a great will end. People just say what they wish he had been and not what he really was as a fighter.
I think I can see where your thesis comes from, but,I would suggest Tyson was physically challenged by Ruddock,who landed some terrific wallops on him.
Boucher is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2011, 03:19 PM   #7
ironchamp
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1230

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Morlocks View Post
Please tell me, when has Tyson started a fight dishing out punishment ahead on cards and lost momentum?

If you think Tyson is going to administer early punishment, then you might as well give Tyson the fight. Douglas, Holyfield, Lewis got to him early. They all set the pace from jump street. They didn't have to overcome a lead in the cards and turn the tables on Tyson. It was Tyson who had to overcome a lead.

I never understand why in mythical match ups people give Tyson the early advantage just to take it away in the later rounds when ________'s heart and determination overcome Tyson's "mental weakness" and he "folds like a cheap suit."

Frankly, Its a cop out. A shitty analysis that strives for a little balance by obliging to give Tyson the early rounds so it seems like thought out response. Either Jeffries figures him out early and neutralizes him from the first round onwards or Tyson dishes out punishment and Jeffries delays the inevitable.

Jeffries has never seen a fighter like Mike Tyson and frankly he'd have trouble ad******g to Mike more than the other way around. Prime for Prime Tyson beats Jeffries in 5 one sided rounds but competitive rounds before putting him out for good.

Tyson KO5.
ironchamp is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2011, 03:54 PM   #8
gentleman jim
gentleman jim
ESB Senior Member

I like what ironchamp said. Tyson would show Jeffries a completely new look as well as out the gate speed that just wasn't around in Jim's time. We're talking about 4 or 5 blazing powerful punches in a row. Not the ol' one and a two that was prevalent in Jim's era. Could Jeffries win? Possibly but I wouldn't bet my house on it.
gentleman jim is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum