Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2010, 01:23 PM   #46
combatesdeboxeo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: SPAIN(canary islands,tenerife)
Posts: 2,363
vCash: 500
Default Re: Archie Moore vs. Ron Lyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2Sense View Post
Which of them did he beat?
bonavena,ellis,bugner and shavers




Quote:
Prove it.
again the same thing, everybody know that jimmy ellis,bonavena,joe bugner or earnie shavers were better than valdez, you have no argument, according to your stupid theory i canīt say " tony galento would beat mike tyson" because they will never fight and i canīt "prove" it. but he would win for sure. but your only escape is this silly thing, because you donīt want to recognize that i am right.
Quote:
Which makes him equal or bigger size than other fighters who beat Bugner. What's your point?
you said "lyle never did beat a guy big as valdez", wrong, lyle did beat better boxers and a bigger and stronger guy.


Quote:
You mean this "4 x better chin"?
if you are insinuating that george foreman didnīt have a great chin, you are the biggest joke on this forum. he was "ko" just by ali,(he wasnīt ko really, he was down because he was very tired) ali tried to knock him out early and he could not do shit. he was down for !!!! 1 second!! against young because he was bad mentally and very tired too, just muhammad ali could put foreman down for the account and it was because ali had the chin and the stamina to survive and tire prime foreman.

Last edited by combatesdeboxeo; 11-14-2010 at 01:38 PM.
combatesdeboxeo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2010, 02:20 PM   #47
My2Sense
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,971
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Archie Moore vs. Ron Lyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by combatesdeboxeo View Post
bonavena,ellis,bugner and shavers
And what wins did those guys have that were bigger than Valdes' over Charles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by combatesdeboxeo View Post
again the same thing, everybody know that jimmy ellis,bonavena,joe bugner or earnie shavers were better than valdez,
Really? What proof do you have of that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by combatesdeboxeo View Post
you have no argument,
Yes I do, it was this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by My2Sense View Post
I'm looking forward to seeing your list of fighters Lyle beat that were as good as Ezzard Charles.

This should be interesting.
...which you had no answer for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by combatesdeboxeo View Post
you said "lyle never did beat a guy big as valdez",
No I didn't. Now you've just sunk to the level of blatantly lying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by combatesdeboxeo View Post
if you are insinuating that george foreman didnīt have a great chin, ...
Which I'm not. So whatever you followed that with is irrelevant.
My2Sense is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 03:05 PM   #48
combatesdeboxeo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: SPAIN(canary islands,tenerife)
Posts: 2,363
vCash: 500
Default Re: Archie Moore vs. Ron Lyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2Sense View Post
And what wins did those guys have that were bigger than Valdes' over Charles?
shavers destroyed jimmy ellis(even ellis was heavier than charles), ken norton ,jimmy young, roy williams and he gave the hell to prime larry holmes and lyle. he faced great hws. many people think that bonavena was stolen against frazier . anyway it doesnīt demonstrate nothing because they didnīt fight the same rivals. charles was more skilled but shavers might ko charles in 1 round, we never will know.
ellis, bonavena,bugner,peralta , shavers..they were greater than valdez for sure and lyle did start his pro career in his 30s, imagine what he might do in his 20s. you are saying that valdez was better than ellis,shavers,bonavena,peralta or bugner based on he did beat charles... it is silly because
1_they never fought,
2_maybe lyle might ko charles and you never will know.
3_example:buster douglas knocked tyson out, but douglas is not better than tyson. norton did beat ali twice really, norton is not better than ali
.frazier and norton did beat ali, foreman didnīt, but they are not better than george.valdez did beat charles but he is not greater than him, simply styles make fights
so your argument is = garbage
and yes you did insinuate that foreman didnīt have much better chin than moore.


Quote:
No I didn't. Now you've just sunk to the level of blatantly lying.
i am not a liar, maybe i didnīt understand you correctly because i am spanish,my idiom is not english
you cut the part what you want of my phrases , and it change the sense of the phrase. because i did put my explanations, but you cut the part that does not benefit you. so you are the liar

Last edited by combatesdeboxeo; 11-14-2010 at 03:17 PM.
combatesdeboxeo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 03:51 PM   #49
My2Sense
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,971
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Archie Moore vs. Ron Lyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by combatesdeboxeo View Post
shavers destroyed jimmy ellis(even ellis was heavier than charles), ken norton ,jimmy young, roy williams
Just like Valdes destroyed Charles, Jackson, Neuhaus, ****ell, Erskine, Carter, McMurtry, London, etc.

Only one of the names you listed was a HOFer like Charles, and none had the distinction of having been a unified lineal champ like Charles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by combatesdeboxeo View Post
anyway it doesnīt demonstrate nothing because they didnīt fight the same rivals. charles was more skilled but shavers might ko charles in 1 round, we never will know.
You mean just like Valdes or Baker might KO Shavers in 1 round, we'll never know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by combatesdeboxeo View Post
ellis, bonavena,bugner,peralta , shavers..they were greater than valdez for sure
Again, the same unsubstantiated and undefendable claim.

Where is all the proof of "everyone" you say "knows" those guys were better than Valdes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by combatesdeboxeo View Post
and lyle did start his pro career in his 30s, imagine what he might do in his 20s.
What does imagining what he "might've" done matter? He didn't start his career until his 30s, and that's the fighter he was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by combatesdeboxeo View Post
you are saying that valdez was better than ellis,shavers,bonavena,peralta or bugner based on he did beat charles...
As opposed to saying those guys are better than Valdes based on absolutely nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by combatesdeboxeo View Post
valdez did beat charles but he is not greater than him, ...
I didn't say he was greater than Charles, I said he was greater than the fighters who never proved they were good enough to win fights of that magnitude - ie: Bugner, Bonavena, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by combatesdeboxeo View Post
so your argument is = garbage
And your argument = non-existent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by combatesdeboxeo View Post
and yes you did insinuate that foreman didnīt have much better chin than moore.
No, I compared Foreman's chin with Jackson's, not Moore's.
My2Sense is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 03:52 PM   #50
My2Sense
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,971
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Archie Moore vs. Ron Lyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by combatesdeboxeo View Post
you cut the part what you want of my phrases , and it change the sense of the phrase. because i did put my explanations, but you cut the part that does not benefit you.
And what phrases did I change the "sense" of?

Quote:
Originally Posted by combatesdeboxeo View Post
so you are the liar
No I'm not. The liar is the one who fabricates quotes, which is what you've done.
My2Sense is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 04:20 PM   #51
combatesdeboxeo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: SPAIN(canary islands,tenerife)
Posts: 2,363
vCash: 500
Default Re: Archie Moore vs. Ron Lyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2Sense View Post
Just like Valdes destroyed Charles, Jackson, Neuhaus, ****ell, Erskine, Carter, McMurtry, London, etc.
1_ valdes didnīt destroy charles(his best victory), he won by ud .
ellis, young, bugner,roy williams were better than these guys.
Quote:
Only one of the names you listed was a HOFer like Charles, and none had the distinction of having been a unified lineal champ like Charles.
charles in the golden era would have been a joke in the hw.


Quote:
You mean just like Valdes or Baker might KO Shavers in 1 round, we'll never know?
it is less probable, shavers had ultimate hitting power, these guys did not have, and they are nobody.



Quote:
Where is all the proof of "everyone" you say "knows" those guys were better than Valdes?
checks the forum



Quote:
Lyle didn't start his career until his 30s
lyle did start his pro career in 1971 and he was born in 1941, he was 30 years old.

Quote:
those guys are better than Valdes based on absolutely nothing.
based on they fought in a better era, they fought great fights against better fighters than valdez did, if you canīt understand it you have a problem.


Quote:
I didn't say he was greater than Charles, I said he was greater than the fighters who never proved they were good enough to win fights of that magnitude - ie: Bugner, Bonavena, etc.
according to you, my argument is speculation ..valdes did beat charles but you are saying that he was not better than charles, but bonavena,bugner,shavers,peralta,lyle.. never faced charles or valdes... but you says that valdes was better than them basing on? your ignorence or speculation?






Quote:
I compared Foreman's chin with Jackson's, not Moore's.
even more pathetic


learn boxing please.

Last edited by combatesdeboxeo; 11-15-2010 at 05:56 AM.
combatesdeboxeo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 04:58 PM   #52
combatesdeboxeo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: SPAIN(canary islands,tenerife)
Posts: 2,363
vCash: 500
Default Re: Archie Moore vs. Ron Lyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2Sense View Post
And what phrases did I change the "sense" of?
every phrase that you answered


Quote:
No I'm not. .
yes you are,
and you put the part that you want.
combatesdeboxeo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 01:24 AM   #53
My2Sense
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,971
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Archie Moore vs. Ron Lyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by combatesdeboxeo View Post
ellis, young, bugner,roy williams were better than these guys.
Yet another unsubstantiated claim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by combatesdeboxeo View Post
charles in the golden era would have been a joke in the hw.
Even more of an unsubstantiated claim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by combatesdeboxeo View Post
it is less probable,
Why? Shavers had a suspect chin and a history of being KO'd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by combatesdeboxeo View Post
shavers had ultimate hitting power, these guys did not have,
But guys like Quarry and Ron Stander did?

Quote:
Originally Posted by combatesdeboxeo View Post
and they are nobody.
Now you're just descending to the level of childish stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by combatesdeboxeo View Post
checks the forum
Where?? SHOW ME the thread where a multitude of posters state outright that Ellis, Shavers, Bugner, and Peralta were better than Valdes or Baker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by combatesdeboxeo View Post
based on they fought in a better era, they fought great fights against better fighters than valdez did, if you canīt understand it you have a problem.
Yes, my "problem" is that you've failed to substantiate nearly everything you've claimed since you appeared in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by combatesdeboxeo View Post
but you says that valdes was better than them basing on? your ignorence or speculation?
Neither. It's based on the fact that he was as much, or more accomplished and successful than them at the world class level, and was more highly rated and for longer than most of them were in their careers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by combatesdeboxeo View Post
even more pathetic
Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by combatesdeboxeo View Post
learn boxing please.
I have. That's how I learned that Jackson was renowned for having a great chin. If you bothered to learn boxing you would've learned that as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by combatesdeboxeo View Post
every phrase that you answered
Again, you still can't provide an example of anything, even when backed into a corner and forced to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by combatesdeboxeo View Post
yes you are,
You're responses in this post have failed utterly to show how.
My2Sense is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 01:24 AM   #54
mdolan
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 57
vCash: 500
Default Re: Archie Moore vs. Ron Lyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by combatesdeboxeo View Post
and they are nobody.
what a stupid and ignorant comment. Valdez and baker were rated as highly in their own time as any of the fighters you listed
mdolan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013