Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 12-11-2007, 05:14 AM   #16
MancMexican
Blood & Guts Forever
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: To all the Complainers about Cortez...

It does make me shake my head when Hatton fans complain about rough tactics.

I was watching the fight live with my brother and he loves hatton and hates mayweather and was basically giving hatton a free pass and pulling mayweather up on everything.
MancMexican is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2007, 08:07 AM   #17
lefthook31
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Cortez was also very vocal and it was definitely effecting Hattons concentration. I dont believe it would have made a difference, and if anything if he wasnt so involved in breaking the fighters, the fight would have ended sooner. He became less vocal and less involved in round 6 or 7 and allowed the fighters to work out of the clinches, and you saw what happened, Foyd basically took over the fight. The first 5-6 rounds were complete crap and Joe should be investigated over it. Hes a horrible ref anyway in my opinion, too involved, plus hes an arrogant prick when you meet him in real life.
lefthook31 is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2007, 09:11 AM   #18
ballbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson64
Cortez was a disgrace,take off your stars and stripes spectacles.If this fight had taken place in the UK with a British ref and 3 British judges we`d never have heard the end of it!!!
Just about the most sense spoken on the issue
ballbag is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2007, 10:07 AM   #19
Guru_Too_You
ESB OG circa '99
ESB Addict

Quote:
Cortez was a disgrace,take off your stars and stripes spectacles.If this fight had taken place in the UK with a British ref and 3 British judges we`d never have heard the end of it!!!
Mickey Vann.

Now shut up.
Guru_Too_You is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2007, 10:29 AM   #20
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru_Too_You
Mickey Vann.

Now shut up.
Good job this wasnt ****** promoting the fight or we would have seen that string bean in another record encounter for a Hatton fight.I mean how many of his fights did he ref? Now thats a farce.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2007, 10:36 AM   #21
gutto
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Theres no way hatton would beat floyd and as a Hatton fan I have no problem saying thatand before you all start my shout on the fight was mayweather to beat hatton but if you think the ref was not bias then i sugest you watch the fight again. Would it have changed the result **** no. No way but why is it none of you ****ers can call tell it like it is . play the game
gutto is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2007, 10:50 AM   #22
jetrail
Journeyman

the only thing i can complain about is cortez takes a point from hatton for hitting behind the head (even though the punch didn't land) but at the end of the round floyd hits hatton behind the head 2 or 3 times and cortez doesn't say shit , im not saying it would change the outcome of the fight because floyd had ricky timed perfectly and hatton used no head movement or anything coming in , but if cortez is gonna take a point from hatton at least call it the same for floyd
jetrail is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2007, 10:52 AM   #23
Sedona
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
2 words: Dave Parris
Sedona is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2007, 10:56 AM   #24
FRKO
"A MAN"
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toopretty
You just hit the nail on the head. Then on the second point...CORTEZ ONLY JUMPED IN AFTER ABOUT 8-10 SECONDS OF NO ACTION AND ALL PUSHING ARM HUSTLING AND HATTON TRYING TO WRESTLE FLOYD TOWARDS TO ROPES ONLY TO WRESTLE MORE..IF HATTON WAS TRYING TO GET WORK DONE..THEN PUNCH
And if Floyd is truly the P4P king, why did he have to turn his back, elbow, grab and grapple at all. Couldn't he just PUNCH?
FRKO is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2007, 11:09 AM   #25
tragicliston
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRKO
And if Floyd is truly the P4P king, why did he have to turn his back, elbow, grab and grapple at all. Couldn't he just PUNCH?
Didn't you see that left hook that put Hatton on his ass? I'm pretty sure that counted as a punch.

Anyway, it's pretty rich to hear Hatton fans complaining about "dirty fighting."
tragicliston is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2007, 11:14 AM   #26
gutto
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tragicliston
Didn't you see that left hook that put Hatton on his ass? I'm pretty sure that counted as a punch.

Anyway, it's pretty rich to hear Hatton fans complaining about "dirty fighting."
im not moaning about anybody fouling hatton loves it and so does floyd but the ref should just have let them get on with it not pulling hatton and letting floyd get away with it what about fair but firm bullshit
gutto is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2007, 11:27 AM   #27
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 1900

Quote:
Originally Posted by knuckles
how are you idiots gonna compplain about the ref being biased(which he wasnt) when when the commentators, Lederman, and the judges were biased as hell. How you gonna complain about rough house but before the fight this is exactly how you wanted the figh tto turn out. Hatton fans and floyd haters are hot steamy peices of shiyt.
actually the judges had floyd winning.
Relentless is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2007, 11:29 AM   #28
gutto
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knuckles
how are you idiots gonna compplain about the ref being biased(which he wasnt) when when the commentators, Lederman, and the judges were biased as hell. How you gonna complain about rough house but before the fight this is exactly how you wanted the figh tto turn out. Hatton fans and floyd haters are hot steamy peices of shiyt.

what is it you dont get the ref is ment to be fair the commentators the tv company **** anybody can be biased but not the ref no problem with fouls if both fighter can use them. I was backing floyd to win not hatton but fair is fair the ref was full of shit end of
gutto is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum