Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum


View Poll Results: Better Physical Strength
George Foreman 35 74.47%
Lennox Lewis 12 25.53%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2011, 04:55 PM   #16
Vanboxingfan
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,064
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Lennox lewis vs George Foreman - Physical strength

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthook31 View Post
Its hard to compare them. They fought in different styles, Foreman being more of a physical in your face type fighter, but I wouldnt say Foreman was far stronger than Lewis. Lewis probably has comparable power in his righthand, but even the way they threw and landed punches makes a difference. Overall I would say Foreman was a more physical fighter but as far as power goes, theyre not that far apart.
Best answer I've heard so far.
Vanboxingfan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2011, 04:56 PM   #17
thegoldenera
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Lennox lewis vs George Foreman - Physical strength

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalasinn View Post
Don is a logical & intelligent appreciator of Lewis, whereas you (Foreman Gancho) are a blind fanboy of Foreman.
lewis gancho´s friend tyson ganchoooo
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 05:01 PM   #18
Kalasinn
♧ OG Kally ♤
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: from parts unknown
Posts: 9,177
vCash: 1200
Default Re: Lennox lewis vs George Foreman - Physical strength

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegoldenera View Post
lewis gancho´s friend tyson ganchoooo
**** off & get banned again soon you moron.
Kalasinn is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 05:10 PM   #19
thegoldenera
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Lennox lewis vs George Foreman - Physical strength

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalasinn View Post
**** off & get banned again soon you moron.
no, you are wrong, i will not be banned because i will not enter in your game, i will not insult you, so they will not have motive to expulse me.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 05:12 PM   #20
Kalasinn
♧ OG Kally ♤
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: from parts unknown
Posts: 9,177
vCash: 1200
Default Re: Lennox lewis vs George Foreman - Physical strength

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegoldenera View Post
no, you are wrong, i will not be banned because i will not enter in your game, i will not insult you, so they will not have motive to expulse me.
It'll only be a matter of time before you're threatening to attack individuals & their families after they've humilated you like the infantile retard you are.
Kalasinn is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 05:16 PM   #21
Vanboxingfan
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,064
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Lennox lewis vs George Foreman - Physical strength

just what this site was missing, another thread about Lewis.
Vanboxingfan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 05:17 PM   #22
thegoldenera
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Lennox lewis vs George Foreman - Physical strength

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalasinn View Post
It'll only be a matter of time before you're threatening to attack individuals & their families after they've humilated you like the infantile retard you are.
your comment is very adult
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 05:41 PM   #23
Seamus
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Posts: 11,536
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Lennox lewis vs George Foreman - Physical strength

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.T View Post
Have you ****ing seen ****ing George ****ing Foreman (form the 70s). ****ING BEAST.

Lennox is like a little small girl bitch fag in comparison... and that is being EXTREMELY ****ING nice to Lennox.
Lewis was a decent amount bigger than Foreman of the 70's, who was a relative stringbean.

It's understandable that those who came of age in the inferior era of the 70's regard those guys as some sort of Bunyan-esque giants. A tale of the tape remedies this delusion. They were relative twerps.
Seamus is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 06:03 PM   #24
tuckYOchin
newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 45
vCash: 500
Default Re: Lennox lewis vs George Foreman - Physical strength

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticar View Post
wow,could you tell us some more info
word has it that lewis was sparring jeremy 'half man, half amazing" williams, and things got a little heated. williams judo-tossed LL a few times.

IIRC, i watched the vid, may have been posted here at some point.

as to the question, tough call. Those pointing to lewis being 'pushed back' are not accounting for his style, which was not one to highlight his strength. Foreman's style was much more effective at highlighting his strength.

i'd say a weakness of LL's was his balance, which led to him appearing to be less solid than big george.

To the guy who said Lewis was a 'fag' in comparison, please take your ****** beiber lunchbox and **** off home.

Both Foreman and Lewis were EXTREMELY strong heavies, two of the strongest ever. Show some respect ****stick (D.T)

BTW, in a head to head matchup, I think Lenny wins in the clinch, and with the jab
tuckYOchin is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 06:09 PM   #25
thegoldenera
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Lennox lewis vs George Foreman - Physical strength

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus View Post
Lewis was a decent amount bigger than Foreman of the 70's, who was a relative stringbean.

It's understandable that those who came of age in the inferior era of the 70's regard those guys as some sort of Bunyan-esque giants. A tale of the tape remedies this delusion. They were relative twerps.
not, he was not, foreman in his 20s weighed 232 6´4 lewis 6´5 235 pounds in his 20s. past prime foreman weighed 257 pounds, lewis in his 30s weighed 245 pounds.
marciano weighed 185 pounds, ali weighed 214/220 pounds but rocky was stronger than ali.
then valuev was stronger than anyone right?

george foreman was naturally stronger than lewis.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 06:09 PM   #26
ticar
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 460
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Lennox lewis vs George Foreman - Physical strength

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckYOchin View Post
word has it that lewis was sparring jeremy 'half man, half amazing" williams, and things got a little heated. williams judo-tossed LL a few times.

IIRC, i watched the vid, may have been posted here at some point.

as to the question, tough call. Those pointing to lewis being 'pushed back' are not accounting for his style, which was not one to highlight his strength. Foreman's style was much more effective at highlighting his strength.

i'd say a weakness of LL's was his balance, which led to him appearing to be less solid than big george.

To the guy who said Lewis was a 'fag' in comparison, please take your ****** beiber lunchbox and **** off home.

Both Foreman and Lewis were EXTREMELY strong heavies, two of the strongest ever. Show some respect ****stick (D.T)

BTW, in a head to head matchup, I think Lenny wins in the clinch, and with the jab
i did some research thanx to you,here is the clip
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
ticar is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 06:14 PM   #27
tuckYOchin
newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 45
vCash: 500
Default Re: Lennox lewis vs George Foreman - Physical strength

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticar View Post
i did some research thanx to you,here is the clip
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
that's the one
tuckYOchin is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 06:15 PM   #28
sirhenrycooper6
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Lennox lewis vs George Foreman - Physical strength

Lewis . Greatest Hvy Ever .
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 06:34 PM   #29
Seamus
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Posts: 11,536
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Lennox lewis vs George Foreman - Physical strength

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegoldenera View Post
not, he was not, foreman in his 20s weighed 232 6´4 lewis 6´5 235 pounds in his 20s. past prime foreman weighed 257 pounds, lewis in his 30s weighed 245 pounds.
marciano weighed 185 pounds, ali weighed 214/220 pounds but rocky was stronger than ali.
then valuev was stronger than anyone right?

george foreman was naturally stronger than lewis.
He was 217 versus Frazier and 6 foot 3.5".

Lewis was at this best around 235 and measured a full 6 foot and 5 inches in stocking feet.

Please to be referencing the results of presses and sets between the two by which you will prove Foreman's greater strength. Lewis undoubtedly fought in an era of stronger fighters (for whatever reasons you chose to believe), which may lead to the impression he possessed less strength. However, did he have the opportunity to fight those scrawny heavies of the 70's he would have looked like Atlas.
Seamus is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 06:39 PM   #30
Kalasinn
♧ OG Kally ♤
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: from parts unknown
Posts: 9,177
vCash: 1200
Default Re: Lennox lewis vs George Foreman - Physical strength

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus View Post
He was 217 versus Frazier and 6 foot 3.5".

Lewis was at this best around 235 and measured a full 6 foot and 5 inches in stocking feet.

Please to be referencing the results of presses and sets between the two by which you will prove Foreman's greater strength. Lewis undoubtedly fought in an era of stronger fighters (for whatever reasons you chose to believe), which may lead to the impression he possessed less strength. However, did he have the opportunity to fight those scrawny heavies of the 70's he would have looked like Atlas.
I would say Lennox's Peak is ('97 McCall II to '00 Tua) (10 fights), during which period his weight was 242-251lbs.
Kalasinn is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013