Old 03-03-2011, 08:02 AM   #46
DonBoxer
The Lion!
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: Lennox lewis vs George Foreman - Physical strength

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegoldenera View Post
yes, peak lewis weighed 235 pounds, peak foreman was post norton, he was green against frazier,he was only 24.post norton he weighed 224-232 pounds, lewis weighed 220 pounds against mike weaver.foreman did train his speed in his early pro career, if you check his amateur career, he weighed 226-230 pounds.(you have it on youtube). lewis was a bit taller, but foreman was naturally more compact and stronger, he had a more solid structure of bones, he had stronger arms as well. if you put they both with the same nutrition,advantages and training. and foreman is stronger.plain and simple.
the lewis fans are comparing the heaviest lewis with the lightest foreman. then i can say that lewis weighed 220 pounds against weaver and foreman weighed 232 in 1976... OR OLD FOREMAN WEIGHED 257 POUNDS AND LEWIS WEIGHED 220 AGAINST WEAVER SO FOREMAN WAS 37 POUNDS HEAVIER LMAO.and lewis was taller so foreman was more robust. the heaviest young foreman in his 20s weighed 232 pounds, the heaviest young lewis in his 20s weighed 235 pounds. lewis weighed 245 pounds in his 30s, we never saw foreman in his 30s. foreman weighed 257 pounds in his 40s(bigger and stronger than any version of lewis), this version of foreman without fat he would have weighed 240 pounds, plain and simple. the difference of weight was not relevant. like i said, marciano weighed 185 pounds and he was stronger than ali that weighed 214-220 pounds. AND EVANDER HOLYFIELD SAID THAT FOREMAN WAS STRONGER NAD HARDER PUNCHER THAN TYSON,LEWIS,BOWE,TUA OR ANY OF HIS RIVALS
IN FEW WORDS.. GEORGE FOREMAN WAS, AND WILL BE STRONGER THAN LENNOX LEWIS ALWAYS.
No one is saying age for age. We are saying peek for peek. There is no arguing the fact peek Lewis if heavier than peek Forman. Lewis is best in his 30s why cannt you just get that into your head.
DonBoxer is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2011, 08:03 AM   #47
thegoldenera

vCash:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6UCNnHngzQ[/ame]

this version of lewis 25 years old , weighed 220 pounds, this weight was natural, he was much slower when he weighed 245 pounds... his natural weight was 220-230 pounds and it is a fact

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4_VCVI-KIc[/ame]

25 years old foreman weighed 224 pounds here

26 years old foreman 232 pounds

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3e34DU7ZCWA&feature=related[/ame]

lewis vs tucker 235 pounds...
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyuwOeASrxI[/ame]

Last edited by thegoldenera; 03-03-2011 at 08:16 AM.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:11 AM   #48
lefthook31
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticar View Post
i agree,but i think the topic is about who was stronger,not who hit harder
Right and I addressed that. I believe they are comparable in strength its just that Foremans fighting style comes off as a more physical in your face style, but strength for strength I would say they are fairly comparable.
lefthook31 is offline  Top
Old 03-03-2011, 08:13 AM   #49
DonBoxer
The Lion!
ESB Addict

Quote:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

this version of lewis weighed 220 pounds, this weight was natural, he was much slower when he weighed 245 pounds... his natural weight was 220-230 pounds and it is a fact

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

foreman weighed 224 pounds here
Thats is Lewis 2 years into his pro career and Foreman in one of his best fights slap bang on his peek.
DonBoxer is offline  Top
Old 03-03-2011, 08:23 AM   #50
thegoldenera

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonBoxer View Post
No one is saying age for age. We are saying peek for peek. There is no arguing the fact peek Lewis if heavier than peek Forman. Lewis is best in his 30s why cannt you just get that into your head.
you are changing the topic, and you are ignoring the key factor. maybe lewis had more experience in his 30s, but we are talking about the physical strength, the natural weight of lewis was 220-235 pounds. just like george foreman, lennox lewis was much faster in his 20s because he was in his natural weight, lewis trained weights in his 30s because his rivals were bigger. foreman trained weights in his return and he was a monster as well. we are talking about who is the stronger man, and the answer is clearly foreman. plain and simple. for example i am stronger than you by genetics, then i never trained weights but you are a bodybuilder... of course you will be heavier than me, but if i train weights i will be as heavy as you if not heavier.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:29 AM   #51
Kalasinn
♧ OG Kally ♤
East Side Guru

vCash: 1200

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonBoxer View Post
Thats is Lewis 2 years into his pro career and Foreman in one of his best fights slap bang on his peek.
Foreman Gancho can't handle the fact that Peak Lewis ('97 McCall II to '00 Tua) has a 17-34lb weight advantage over Peak Foreman ('73 Frazier to '74 Ali).

The reason he can't accept it is because he is obssessed with weight, in a "bigger is better sense", but strongly believes that Peak Foreman is better H2H than Peak Lewis, so he needs to rationalize his conflicting opinions, by changing his definition of Peak Lewis to what is actually young, green Lewis.
Kalasinn is offline  Top
Old 03-03-2011, 08:33 AM   #52
thegoldenera

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalasinn View Post
Foreman Gancho can't handle the fact that Peak Lewis ('97 McCall II to '00 Tua) has a 17-34lb weight advantage over Peak Foreman ('73 Frazier to '74 Ali).

The reason he can't accept it is because he is obssessed with weight, in a "bigger is better sense", but strongly believes that Peak Foreman is better H2H than Peak Lewis.
you continues repeating the same nonsense like always...i did explain the motives.. you have nothing... continues saying "peak lewis was 70 pounds heavier than peak foreman ". i did explain who was naturally more robust , who had more solid structure of bones and who was stronger and why. and check the poll 23/ 10
Old 03-03-2011, 08:35 AM   #53
DonBoxer
The Lion!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalasinn View Post

The reason he can't accept it is because he is obssessed with weight, in a "bigger is better sense", but strongly believes that Peak Foreman is better H2H than Peak Lewis.
I can accept than some one would say Foreman is stronger i dont think saying either is stronger is a silly statement. I think both have great strength, in a fantasy fight i think Lewis applied force downwards does more to Foreman than Foremans forwards application does to Lewis.

I wonder if we will ever get into his head that Lewis was at his best past 30. Everyone else accepts it.

Last edited by DonBoxer; 03-03-2011 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Punctuation was not as it should be.
DonBoxer is offline  Top
Old 03-03-2011, 08:57 AM   #54
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

Both Lewis and Foreman are the 2 strongest HW champs of all time, I'd give Foreman the edge in pure strength, but Lewis is by far the better more accurate more dynamic puncher who doesn't telegraph his shots
PowerPuncher is offline  Top
Old 03-03-2011, 09:30 AM   #55
The Mongoose
THROW SOME THUNDAAAH!!!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 258

Primo was probably the strongest HW Champion of all time...

So ****ing what?
The Mongoose is offline  Top
Old 03-03-2011, 09:59 AM   #56
Seamus
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
yes, peak lewis weighed 235 pounds, peak foreman was post norton, he was green against frazier,he was only 24.post norton he weighed 224-232 pounds, lewis weighed 220 pounds against mike weaver.foreman did train his speed in his early pro career, if you check his amateur career, he weighed 226-230 pounds.(you have it on youtube). lewis was a bit taller, but foreman was naturally more compact and stronger, he had a more solid structure of bones, he had stronger arms as well. if you put they both with the same nutrition,advantages and training. and foreman is stronger.plain and simple.
What a load of supposition. Have you measured Foreman's bone density? Or apparently you have his curl max in your list of stats to prove those stronger arms? Foreman more compact? Don't they have about the same reach relative to their difference in height? So that makes Foreman more compact? And I guess compact=stronger,then? So Barney Rubble is stronger than Fred? Highly scientific!

Quote:
the lewis fans are comparing the heaviest lewis with the lightest foreman. then i can say that lewis weighed 220 pounds against weaver and foreman weighed 232 in 1976... OR OLD FOREMAN WEIGHED 257 POUNDS AND LEWIS WEIGHED 220 AGAINST WEAVER SO FOREMAN WAS 37 POUNDS HEAVIER LMAO.and lewis was taller so foreman was more robust. the heaviest young foreman in his 20s weighed 232 pounds, the heaviest young lewis in his 20s weighed 235 pounds. lewis weighed 245 pounds in his 30s, we never saw foreman in his 30s. foreman weighed 257 pounds in his 40s(bigger and stronger than any version of lewis), this version of foreman without fat he would have weighed 240 pounds, plain and simple. the difference of weight was not relevant. like i said, marciano weighed 185 pounds and he was stronger than ali that weighed 214-220 pounds. AND EVANDER HOLYFIELD SAID THAT FOREMAN WAS STRONGER NAD HARDER PUNCHER THAN TYSON,LEWIS,BOWE,TUA OR ANY OF HIS RIVALS
IN FEW WORDS.. GEORGE FOREMAN WAS, AND WILL BE STRONGER THAN LENNOX LEWIS ALWAYS.
And Evander Holyfield said God cured his "heart ailment". I am sure you believe that also.

Now I know why right wing regimes succeed worldwide. Throw a little nostalgic rhetoric people's way and they will agree to anything.
Seamus is offline  Top
Old 03-03-2011, 10:15 AM   #57
Lobotomy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Jumbo Cummings took up weight training and bodybuilding in prison, yet was unable to physically manhandle an old and inactive Frazier the way George was able to twice. For their rematch, Joe was actually half a pound heavier than Foreman, but his lower center of gravity was of no advantage in this situation. During his second career, George repeatedly shoved back admitted steroid user Morrison with a quick casual extension of his forearms (much as Frazier did in close quarters with the strong, slab chested Jerry Quarry in their return go), and never took a backwards step against Holyfield, who later handled Tyson in the clinches with ease. Only lifelong strength training fanatic Chuvalo was really able to stand his ground against Foreman, although Ali later put his wood chopping and body weight resistance developed tensile strength and muscular endurance to good use in Kinshasa. (Muhammad does actually shove George off him at times, with his back braced against the ropes and corners, but Chuvalo was able to maintain position in mid ring, as Marciano did with Layne.)

Size and muscularity can be deceptive in assessing how physically strong a particular boxer is. Neither Norton or Weaver owed their muscularity to any weight training. Morrison used steroids, but it proved of no value in dealing with Foreman, who handled him like a rag doll. (Bonehugger Smith and Ruiz would have been facing their supreme nightmare in George.)

Last edited by Lobotomy; 03-03-2011 at 10:26 AM.
Lobotomy is offline  Top
Old 03-03-2011, 10:24 AM   #58
thegoldenera

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus View Post
What a load of supposition. Have you measured Foreman's bone density? Or apparently you have his curl max in your list of stats to prove those stronger arms? Foreman more compact? Don't they have about the same reach relative to their difference in height? So that makes Foreman more compact? And I guess compact=stronger,then? So Barney Rubble is stronger than Fred? Highly scientific!

And Evander Holyfield said God cured his "heart ailment". I am sure you believe that also.

Now I know why right wing regimes succeed worldwide. Throw a little nostalgic rhetoric people's way and they will agree to anything.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:26 AM   #59
thegoldenera

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobotomy View Post
Jumbo Cummings took up weight training and bodybuilding in prison, yet was unable to physically manhandle an old and inactive Frazier the way George was able to twice. For their rematch, Joe was actually half a pound heavier than Foreman, but his lower center of gravity was of no advantage in this situation. During his second career, George repeatedly shoved back admitted steroid user Morrison repeatedly with a quick casual extension of his forearms (much as Frazier did in close quarters with the strong, slab chested Jerry Quarry in their return go), and never took a backwards step against Holyfield, who later handled Tyson in the clinches with ease. Only lifelong strength training fanatic Chuvalo was really able to stand his ground against Foreman, although Ali later put his wood chopping and body weight resistance developed tensile strength and muscular endurance to good use in Kinshasa. (Muhammad does actually shove George off him at times, with his back braced against the ropes and corners, but Chuvalo was able to maintain position in mid ring, as Marciano did with Layne.)

Size and muscularity can be deceptive in assessing how physically strong a particular boxer is. Neither Norton or Weaver owed their muscularity to any weight training. Morrison used steroids, but it proved of no value in dealing with Foreman, who handled him like a rag doll. (Bonehugger Smith and Ruiz would have been facing their supreme nightmare in George.)
great post yes sr.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:33 AM   #60
Jorodz
watching Gatti Ward 1...
East Side VIP

Location: Canada, eh? Roy Jones, Jack Daniels and Grandma's Boy
vCash: 1139

size and weight don't mean shit. as has been said before, being bigger by a few pounds does not mean stronger.

ken norton was "bigger" than holyfield and admitted he had nowhere near holy's physical strength

moongoose said carnera, which may be true, but technically butterbean is bigger than all the heavyweight champs but is he really stronger?

Foreman proved his physical strength as part of his style: he pushed mother****ers back like they were children.

Lewis got into sloppy wars with mercer and rahman precisely because he COULDN'T do this and couldn't create the distance he wanted
Jorodz is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum