Lennox Lewis 12 25.53%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-03-2011, 10:43 AM   #61
thegoldenera

vCash:
Default Re: Lennox lewis vs George Foreman - Physical strength

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorodz View Post
size and weight don't mean shit. as has been said before, being bigger by a few pounds does not mean stronger.

ken norton was "bigger" than holyfield and admitted he had nowhere near holy's physical strength

moongoose said carnera, which may be true, but technically butterbean is bigger than all the heavyweight champs but is he really stronger?

Foreman proved his physical strength as part of his style: he pushed mother****ers back like they were children.

Lewis got into sloppy wars with mercer and rahman precisely because he COULDN'T do this and couldn't create the distance he wanted
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqreTRfpUPY[/ame]

minute 5:19

and i agree, the weight is not matter, then valuev is the strongest ever....
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2011, 10:53 AM   #62
Kalasinn
♧ OG Kally ♤
East Side Guru

vCash: 1200

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegoldenera View Post

Sugar Nikky is the strongest ever, he pushes grizzly bears off cliffs like they were little children.
Kalasinn is offline  Top
Old 03-03-2011, 11:09 AM   #63
DonBoxer
The Lion!
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalasinn View Post
Sugar Nikky is the strongest ever, he pushes grizzly bears off cliffs like they were little children.
But can he carry a cow?
DonBoxer is offline  Top
Old 03-03-2011, 11:42 AM   #64
Kalasinn
♧ OG Kally ♤
East Side Guru

vCash: 1200

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonBoxer View Post
But can he carry a cow?
Niko can carry Russian Yaks, & i think they're heavier than cows.
Kalasinn is offline  Top
Old 03-03-2011, 11:48 AM   #65
reznick
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

No1 is as strong as Foreman

Probably nobody in boxing will ever be as strong in our lifetimes.

If Lennox were as strong as Foreman, he similarly would not be focused on defense, footwork, and countering the way Foreman wasnt. He would much more be willing to stand in front, trade, brawl, slug. But Lewis was more of an all around athlete and used his brain in the ring more. Not the actions of a man who will put huge dents into a heavybag as soon as he starts working on it. You can see the way Lennox trains, hes not planning on slugging it out with anyone unless he has to. He likes to stay on his toes, and be at a comfortable distance using that jab. Totally uncharacteristic for a man who would be stronger than Foreman
reznick is offline  Top
Old 03-03-2011, 11:51 AM   #66
reznick
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegoldenera View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

minute 5:19

holy ****

that guy got pushed so hard he looked like he got hit with a haymaker! I never seen a boxer that much out of his element, and turn his head to an entire other direction from a push. Thats the reaction ******ted for a haymaker to the face, yet he showed similar effects to a push. Incredible.
reznick is offline  Top
Old 03-03-2011, 11:55 AM   #67
Seamus
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
size and weight don't mean shit. as has been said before, being bigger by a few pounds does not mean stronger.

ken norton was "bigger" than holyfield and admitted he had nowhere near holy's physical strength

moongoose said carnera, which may be true, but technically butterbean is bigger than all the heavyweight champs but is he really stronger?

Foreman proved his physical strength as part of his style: he pushed mother****ers back like they were children.

Lewis got into sloppy wars with mercer and rahman precisely because he COULDN'T do this and couldn't create the distance he wanted
I'm really not arguing this either way but to say there are a couple factors here.

One is that Lewis fought STONGER men, plain and simple. And yes, the training regimens (and vitamins) from the 90's created stronger fighters. Rahman, Tua, Ruddock, Grant, Golota, McCall, Morrison, Tucker, Tyson, Klitschko as a collective group are quite a bit stronger than Frazier, Roman, Lyle, Ali, Norton, LeDoux and Denis. Ergo, perhaps the perception that Foreman is shoving guys around is based on his opponents relative strength. Is this really a stretch in logic that no one can follow?

I am not contending Foreman was a weakling. I've seen the footage. I just don't think he was a superman far and away stronger than Lewis.
Seamus is offline  Top
Old 03-03-2011, 12:00 PM   #68
Jorodz
watching Gatti Ward 1...
East Side VIP

Location: Canada, eh? Roy Jones, Jack Daniels and Grandma's Boy
vCash: 1139

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus View Post
I'm really not arguing this either way but to say there are a couple factors here.

One is that Lewis fought STONGER men, plain and simple. And yes, the training regimens (and vitamins) from the 90's created stronger fighters. Rahman, Tua, Ruddock, Grant, Golota, McCall, Morrison, Tucker, Tyson, Klitschko as a collective group are quite a bit stronger than Frazier, Roman, Lyle, Ali, Norton, LeDoux and Denis. Ergo, perhaps the perception that Foreman is shoving guys around is based on his opponents relative strength. Is this really a stretch in logic that no one can follow?

I am not contending Foreman was a weakling. I've seen the footage. I just don't think he was a superman far and away stronger than Lewis.
not far and away no, i agree. but look at a common opponent: foreman fought a prime holyfield and lewis fought at WAY past prime holyfield. who honestly seemed to be physically strong in each of those fights and by what margin?
Jorodz is offline  Top
Old 03-03-2011, 01:52 PM   #69
Seamus
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
not far and away no, i agree. but look at a common opponent: foreman fought a prime holyfield and lewis fought at WAY past prime holyfield. who honestly seemed to be physically strong in each of those fights and by what margin?
Foreman was an absolute animal, no doubt, but face it, his best days were a couple brief years in a division that was smaller, and in which the fighters were generally not strong as Lewis' (in terms of absolute strength).

And there has always been this bullshit identification of Lewis as a pansy, fragile and china-chinned. He fought in what I consider the most dangerous era of the division, big, strong guys who primarily tried to take you head off. Juiced to the gills? Perhaps, but powerful regardless. And he fought a collection of these animals which was unparalleled.
Seamus is offline  Top
Old 03-03-2011, 05:37 PM   #70
AnthonyJ74
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Fedor would annihilate both Lewis and Foreman.....
AnthonyJ74 is offline  Top
Old 03-03-2011, 05:45 PM   #71
ticar
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyJ74 View Post
overeem would smash fedor
ticar is offline  Top
Old 03-03-2011, 05:46 PM   #72
ticar
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPuncher View Post
Both Lewis and Foreman are the 2 strongest HW champs of all time, I'd give Foreman the edge in pure strength, but Lewis is by far the better more accurate more dynamic puncher who doesn't telegraph his shots
what about rahman?he made a ragdoll of lewis.he could bench 500 lbs for few reps.rahman was not a great boxer,but he was really strong
ticar is offline  Top
Old 03-03-2011, 05:50 PM   #73
thegoldenera

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyJ74 View Post
without gloves or with mma gloves foreman would need only a single shot to knock fedor out. of course in the floor it is all of fedor, but foreman was physically stronger. and a pro boxer is not a mma fighter with the fists.... looks at ray mercer with mma gloves... and go to the mma forum. kid...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb-eOej5Xzc&feature=related[/ame]
Old 03-03-2011, 07:03 PM   #74
MAG1965
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1010

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthook31 View Post
Its hard to compare them. They fought in different styles, Foreman being more of a physical in your face type fighter, but I wouldnt say Foreman was far stronger than Lewis. Lewis probably has comparable power in his righthand, but even the way they threw and landed punches makes a difference. Overall I would say Foreman was a more physical fighter but as far as power goes, theyre not that far apart.
as a matter of fact I think Lennox' right hand is harder than anything Foreman has. But Foreman's whole style is moving a guy back and landing and overwhelming. Foreman's left hook is pretty impressie. Adlison Rodriquez being knocked out was something else. Foreman even at the older age had power.
MAG1965 is offline  Top
Old 03-03-2011, 08:06 PM   #75
thegoldenera

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAG1965 View Post
as a matter of fact I think Lennox' right hand is harder than anything Foreman has. But Foreman's whole style is moving a guy back and landing and overwhelming. Foreman's left hook is pretty impressie. Adlison Rodriquez being knocked out was something else. Foreman even at the older age had power.
oliver mccall said that buster douglas, tyson and bert coopert were harder punchers than lewis... holyfield said that even OLD foreman was harder puncher than bowe, lewis , tyson, tua....

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum