Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2011, 08:14 AM   #1
Boucher
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 798
vCash: 500
Default Emanuel |Stewards take on Vitali

Kindly posted by Rumsfeld.

: Vitali Klitschko retired for several years before he came back to reclaim a portion of the heavyweight title. Does Vitali Klitschko still have time to be remembered as one of the greats?

A: I donít think heís going to enough time because even though he had his biggest claim to fame, and he tells me that and we laugh about it, he says, ĎThe biggest thing that made me famous was losing to Lennox Lewisí, and he has still done nothing to really exceed that believe it or not still. Itís just a case of not having any fighters around for him to be the big name and the fact that he wonít be around long enough where you can say, well, he didnít have any big name fighters but he had a reign for like five years or six years so you have to give some credit for that even though he fought a bunch of nobodies, but I donít think heís going to have that long of a career and that many big heavyweight championship fights to really reach that level. So I donít think heís in a good position to be considered a great yet, but who knows. He still may have a fight, you never know. He could end up with a high profile fight with David Haye possibly himself, or Nikolai Valuev with two of the biggest men ever. That would definitely be fights that would really be standouts in his career when people look back at him, but right now he would need about two more years to continue if he just dominated over these types of
Boucher is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2011, 09:08 AM   #2
Kalasinn
♧ OG Kally ♤
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: from parts unknown
Posts: 9,177
vCash: 1200
Default Re: Emanuel |Stewards take on Vitali

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boucher View Post
Kindly posted by Rumsfeld.

: Vitali Klitschko retired for several years before he came back to reclaim a portion of the heavyweight title. Does Vitali Klitschko still have time to be remembered as one of the greats?

A: I donít think heís going to enough time because even though he had his biggest claim to fame, and he tells me that and we laugh about it, he says, ĎThe biggest thing that made me famous was losing to Lennox Lewisí, and he has still done nothing to really exceed that believe it or not still. Itís just a case of not having any fighters around for him to be the big name and the fact that he wonít be around long enough where you can say, well, he didnít have any big name fighters but he had a reign for like five years or six years so you have to give some credit for that even though he fought a bunch of nobodies, but I donít think heís going to have that long of a career and that many big heavyweight championship fights to really reach that level. So I donít think heís in a good position to be considered a great yet, but who knows. He still may have a fight, you never know. He could end up with a high profile fight with David Haye possibly himself, or Nikolai Valuev with two of the biggest men ever. That would definitely be fights that would really be standouts in his career when people look back at him, but right now he would need about two more years to continue if he just dominated over these types of
Sounds like his boy Wlad too...
Kalasinn is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 09:51 AM   #3
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 14,721
vCash: 121
Default Re: Emanuel |Stewards take on Vitali

He should do the unthinkable if he wants to be remembered.....







TURN ON HIS BRETHREN FOR ALL TIME GREAT GLORY!
Bogotazo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 10:01 AM   #4
DonBoxer
The Lion!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: In Vitalis cut.
Posts: 4,033
vCash: 75
Default Re: Emanuel |Stewards take on Vitali

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalasinn View Post
Sounds like his boy Wlad too...
Steward KO1 Wlad
Steward TKO3 cuts Vitali
DonBoxer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 10:04 AM   #5
Kalasinn
♧ OG Kally ♤
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: from parts unknown
Posts: 9,177
vCash: 1200
Default Re: Emanuel |Stewards take on Vitali

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonBoxer View Post
Steward KO1 Wlad
Steward TKO3 cuts Vitali
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

"That's exactly how i predicted those fights would go."
Kalasinn is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 10:08 AM   #6
DonBoxer
The Lion!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: In Vitalis cut.
Posts: 4,033
vCash: 75
Default Re: Emanuel |Stewards take on Vitali

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalasinn View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

"That's exactly how i predicted those fights would go."
Thats exactly how you predicted them because like me , you are an expert when understanding a mismatch.
DonBoxer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 10:10 AM   #7
Kalasinn
♧ OG Kally ♤
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: from parts unknown
Posts: 9,177
vCash: 1200
Default Re: Emanuel |Stewards take on Vitali

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonBoxer View Post
Thats exactly how you predicted them because like me , you are an expert when understanding a mismatch.
Yep, we are 100% Boxing-Xperts, IT A FACT.


I like your magnificent new avatar mate.
Kalasinn is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 10:21 AM   #8
DonBoxer
The Lion!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: In Vitalis cut.
Posts: 4,033
vCash: 75
Default Re: Emanuel |Stewards take on Vitali

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalasinn View Post
Yep, we are 100% Boxing-Xperts, IT A FACT.


I like your magnificent new avatar mate.
Thanx mate i am looking for a few of my fave Monzon pics to put them them together as a gif like my last Lewis one.
DonBoxer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 10:24 AM   #9
Kalasinn
♧ OG Kally ♤
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: from parts unknown
Posts: 9,177
vCash: 1200
Default Re: Emanuel |Stewards take on Vitali

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonBoxer View Post
Thanx mate i am looking for a few of my fave Monzon pics to put them them together as a gif like my last Lewis one.
I've been watching some more Monzon, he is awesome, i can't believe FNC gave him a shit jab & a normal chin.


I just lazily yoinked ironchamp's old avatar, i reckon it's been long enough now!
Kalasinn is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 10:33 AM   #10
DonBoxer
The Lion!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: In Vitalis cut.
Posts: 4,033
vCash: 75
Default Re: Emanuel |Stewards take on Vitali

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalasinn View Post
I've been watching some more Monzon, he is awesome, i can't believe FNC gave him a shit jab & a normal chin.


I just lazily yoinked ironchamp's old avatar, i reckon it's been long enough now!
Ye he is something special. His ring generalship is astonishing.

Nothing wrong with avatar yoinking. Looks like we already yoinked this thread for a natter.
DonBoxer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 11:34 AM   #11
red cobra
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: The Sea of Tranquility
Posts: 13,191
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Emanuel |Stewards take on Vitali

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonBoxer View Post
Ye he is something special. His ring generalship is astonishing.

Nothing wrong with avatar yoinking. Looks like we already yoinked this thread for a natter.
DonBoxer, it seems we agree 100% on Monzon. He was among the elite.
red cobra is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 01:13 PM   #12
PoliSari
█ Geek Chic Superstar █ ô
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: GTMSBT
Posts: 0
vCash: 2522
Default Re: Emanuel |Stewards take on Vitali

i suppose he is correct. i do not see Vitali as any upper level "great". could he have been? i think so. if somehow he was to fight and beat Haye convincingly, i still do not think i would. there is too little in this division right now in terms of talent and greatness to be able to set himself apart. the next 'big name' could be 1-0-0 right now and by the time he got up, Vitali will be long gone.

an influx of cruiser champs like Adamek and Haye, even if he beats both, is not enough for me. there has to be true heavyweight domination off skilled opposition for me to see him that high. right place, wrong time.
PoliSari is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013