Old 03-21-2011, 10:23 AM   #46
Popkins
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Don't know if any of you realised by Shogun tapped

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesthegreat View Post
Check out the footage again, he goes down and taps. He doesn't know the referee is coming to his rescue.
Who cares. He was out of shape and had taken a beating. He'll be back.
Popkins is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2011, 10:23 AM   #47
Popkins
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaca you View Post
You think so Chimba?

Well of course you do you said as much even before UFC 128.

I definetly think a rematch will be a hell of a lot more competitive, but I am not confident that Shogun will win, but I do think its possible.
Exactly this.
Popkins is offline  Top
Old 03-21-2011, 10:37 AM   #48
chimba
Off the Somali Coast
East Side VIP

vCash: 800

Quote:
You think so Chimba?

Well of course you do you said as much even before UFC 128.

I definetly think a rematch will be a hell of a lot more competitive, but I am not confident that Shogun will win, but I do think its possible.
Yes I think so, I could go on to details but when his bread and butter is nullified he then resorts to his BJJ. And what did I tell everyone about Shoguns BJJ? That he will turtle and look for the knee bar and he got beaten up trying that.

The type of fighter that can beat Jones right now and I mean right now while hes still relatively inexperienced is Big Nog. Someone who can take punishment and finish his subs. If you observed saturdays fight, Jones was a bit susceptible to armbars but Shogun is either not strong enough or his JJ is not top shelf which I believe it isnt.
chimba is offline  Top
Old 03-21-2011, 11:01 AM   #49
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiDDoW_MaKeR View Post
Enough excuses. Shogun came at his best, and was dismantled.... easily. There is no version of Shogun that is beating Jones.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 03-21-2011, 11:04 AM   #50
yaca you
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Shogun goes for that kneebar all the time he did it against liddell and too.

I dont know, I would like to see a rematch personally, but with such a dominating win for jones it will be a while before shogun can get it.
yaca you is offline  Top
Old 03-21-2011, 11:12 AM   #51
Flash Jab
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popkins View Post
Who cares. He was out of shape and had taken a beating. He'll be back.
Shogun never looked that ripped to me, not in the UFC anyway. I just think Jj was on another level. It was his night.
Flash Jab is offline  Top
Old 03-21-2011, 07:44 PM   #52
WiDDoW_MaKeR
ESB Hall of Fame Member
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
Of course... we know everytime a former pride fighter loses in the UFC... he just "wasn't the same".

You guys are a broken record. Fighters don't look the same when they are getting their annihilated as they do when they are winning. What a ****in' shock.
WiDDoW_MaKeR is offline  Top
Old 03-21-2011, 07:46 PM   #53
chimba
Off the Somali Coast
East Side VIP

vCash: 800

Quote:
Shogun goes for that kneebar all the time he did it against liddell and too.

I dont know, I would like to see a rematch personally, but with such a dominating win for jones it will be a while before shogun can get it.

Now I know you hate Rua.
chimba is offline  Top
Old 03-21-2011, 07:47 PM   #54
Popkins
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Jab View Post
Shogun never looked that ripped to me, not in the UFC anyway. I just think Jj was on another level. It was his night.
He was on another level. It was his night. Neither of those points changes the fact that a fleshy Rua coming off knee surgery is not the best version of Rua there is.
Popkins is offline  Top
Old 03-21-2011, 07:51 PM   #55
WiDDoW_MaKeR
ESB Hall of Fame Member
East Side VIP

Quote:
Well I wonder how you know that?

Shogun was clearly not 100%, if you deny that its hard to believe you are familiar with shoguns career.

That said I am not taking anything away from a fantastic performance by Jon jones, Im sorry but the shogun jones beat was the same shogun forrest did, and I give them both credit for their victory over one of the best Lhw to ever live. Just dont think that was the best Rua had to offer if he was 100%.

I know any differnt perspective on the fight on this forum is immediately seen as crashing the jon jones party we seem to be having, but we have to be realistic here, it was a great win over an opponent who wasnt his best.

Hopefully in the future their will be a rematch.
You are hopeless. I already explained it above. FIGHTERS DO NOT LOOK THE SAME WHEN THEY ARE GETTING DESTROYED AS THEY DO WHEN THEY ARE WINNING! That doesn't mean they weren't 100%. It means that their 100% wasn't enough.

I am so ****in tired of everyone pulling this "wasn't the same" or "wasn't 100%" bullshit everytime a fighter loses. It's MMA... fighters look different fight to fight. Especially when they are fighting somebody who manhandles them.

Did Anderson Silva look the same against Chael as he did against Belfort? No.. of course not. Because Chael is a different opponent and forced Silva to look much worse.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:54 PM   #56
Popkins
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
You are hopeless. I already explained it above. FIGHTERS DO NOT LOOK THE SAME WHEN THEY ARE GETTING DESTROYED AS THEY DO WHEN THEY ARE WINNING! That doesn't mean they weren't 100%. It means that their 100% wasn't enough.

I am so ****in tired of everyone pulling this "wasn't the same" or "wasn't 100%" bullshit everytime a fighter loses. It's MMA... fighters look different fight to fight. Especially when they are fighting somebody who manhandles them.

Did Anderson Silva look the same against Chael as he did against Belfort? No.. of course not. Because Chael is a different opponent and forced Silva to look much worse.
So injuries, lay-offs, surgeries, none of these mean ANYTHING? None of them are EVER valid reasons for poorer performances?

You're living in fantasyland. Get back to me when you've joined reality.
Popkins is offline  Top
Old 03-21-2011, 07:57 PM   #57
WiDDoW_MaKeR
ESB Hall of Fame Member
East Side VIP

Quote:
So injuries, lay-offs, surgeries, none of these mean ANYTHING? None of them are EVER valid reasons for poorer performances?

You're living in fantasyland. Get back to me when you've joined reality.
Nobody said that none of them EVER mean anything. Did I say that? Is this how you debate? You make stuff up, then argue against it?

The point is that people immediately use these excuses every time that certain fighters lose. It's pathetic.
Old 03-21-2011, 08:24 PM   #58
Popkins
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Nobody said that none of them EVER mean anything. Did I say that? Is this how you debate? You make stuff up, then argue against it?

The point is that people immediately use these excuses every time that certain fighters lose. It's pathetic.
Not as pathetic as flinging your toys out the pram when it is suggested that coming off knee surgery may have affected Shogun... considering it obviously DID affect him massively last time.

Popkins is offline  Top
Old 03-21-2011, 09:03 PM   #59
WiDDoW_MaKeR
ESB Hall of Fame Member
East Side VIP

Quote:
Not as pathetic as flinging your toys out the pram when it is suggested that coming off knee surgery may have affected Shogun... considering it obviously DID affect him massively last time.

So, you think that Shogun is stupid? That he made the same mistake twice? His knee seemed fine enough to kick harder than ever recorded on a TV show directly BEFORE the fight. All of the sudden people are saying his knees were too shot to throw a kick in the fight?

It's pathetic. Shogun is supposed to be a professional. If he can't find the ability to come into fights at his best, then he is either a horrible professional or simply not as good as people think he is.

I happen to believe that Shogun is a GREAT fighter, who came up against an even GREATER fighter. Simple as that. We don't need a million excuses every time that certain fighters lose. It gets extremely old hearing the same old lame ass excuses for the same fighter over and over again.
Old 03-21-2011, 09:15 PM   #60
bald_head_slick
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Shogun was out on his feet at around 4:00.

If I was in Shogun's corner I would not have let him go out for the second round.
bald_head_slick is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum