Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 03-23-2011, 01:06 AM   #16
KillerDeluxe
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 121
Default Re: Brendan Snob

Thats second punch was completely unnecessary.
KillerDeluxe is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2011, 02:06 AM   #17
Wilhelm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

I'm no fan of Schaub at all, but you guys are being idiots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WATERBOY View Post
Yeah for all his athletic ability he's just not a good fighter! You can't just walk into the fight game with no experience it mite work now fighting shot guys and below average guys but when he steps up he's gonna get ****ed!
As far as training in combat sports before getting into mma, he's not bad at all for someone who was in a totally different sport first. He did some golden gloves and from what I understand won some BJJ tournaments. There have been tons of guys with less experience than him in the UFC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
Wow how average did he look? CC was just a fossil of himself and snob still struggled immensely to get the victory. Going to be interesting when the SF heavys start coming over. Snob will become a long distance memory fighting in some regional promotion for peanuts.
First off, "snob" is a stupid gag. Think of a better one. Also, Shaub will never be a champ and probably won't contend either, but I doubt he'll be out of the UFC anytime soon. He has enough skill and athletic ability and is young enough to be a gatekeeper for a while. It sounds like you just want to overblow how shitty CC is now to make Schaub look bad. Neither guy looked very good, but they sure as hell both looked good enough to stay in such a weak division.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WATERBOY View Post
Schaubs ground game is terrible how he was trying to pass cro cops guard is a beginners mistake just asking to be sweeped into mount which he almost was!
Like I said before, I heard that he won some BJJ tournaments at some level. I think he just assumed that CC was so defensive that he didn't need to worry. He was pretty much right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big T View Post
Other the Roy that whole group sucked. Been saying for a longtime... once BS and Matt steps up and fights not a ghost or a punching bag they are going to get beat... I might be wrong but still to me they are not that good. A good win for these two is if they beat the Great Pat B. He is in their class and would show what if any of the 3 got. Lets face it. P.B. shoudv'e beat Cro-Cop and just fell in love with him in the fight.
They can only beat the guys that are put in front of them, and it sounds like anyone they beat you're going to call shitty. Strangely, Pat Barry is a weird one to pick out because he's so ****ing inconsistent that if they beat him it would depend entirely on how Barry fought for me to decide whether it mattered or not.
Wilhelm is offline  Top
Old 03-23-2011, 02:11 AM   #18
elmaldito
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

CMON, schaub is a national golden gloves champion. LMAO!!!!!!! LMAO again and again! Why is it mma fighters feel the need to lie about their boxing accomplishments. NATIONAL GOLDEN GLOVES CHAMPION! LMAO!!! hahahahahaha. MUY COMICO!!!!!
elmaldito is offline  Top
Old 03-23-2011, 02:48 AM   #19
Shogun Assassin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Even prime Mirko wouldn't of beaten Schaub, the game is too evolved now.

Schaub is a part of the 'new breed'.

Shogun Assassin is offline  Top
Old 03-23-2011, 03:51 AM   #20
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilhelm View Post

First off, "snob" is a stupid gag. Think of a better one. Also, Shaub will never be a champ and probably won't contend either, but I doubt he'll be out of the UFC anytime soon. He has enough skill and athletic ability and is young enough to be a gatekeeper for a while. It sounds like you just want to overblow how shitty CC is now to make Schaub look bad.

Stopped reading here. This is a completely vacuous post. You've not attempted to counter my opinion or tell me anything i dont know already. CC is shot. Point blank point simple. That aside he's a top 5 ATG in this sport at heavyweight. His position in MMA history is VERY clear. If you think that "shitty CC" somehow made Snob look bad then get a clue.
Snob is garbage. He was facing a fraction of a once great fighter and still looked shit doing it.
And you're right Snob won't even be a champ let alone a contender. If he can't even be a contender doesn't have much chance in the deepest heavyweight division in the world does he? There's a whole bunch of heavys that will be coming over from SF. Where's Snob's place now?
And i will continue to call him Snob until the day Snob shuts his mouth and does his job in the ring instead of talking a great fight and delivering nothing but the same empty post you've just written.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 03-23-2011, 10:47 PM   #21
Wilhelm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
Stopped reading here. This is a completely vacuous post. You've not attempted to counter my opinion or tell me anything i dont know already. CC is shot. Point blank point simple. That aside he's a top 5 ATG in this sport at heavyweight. His position in MMA history is VERY clear. If you think that "shitty CC" somehow made Snob look bad then get a clue.
Snob is garbage. He was facing a fraction of a once great fighter and still looked shit doing it.
And you're right Snob won't even be a champ let alone a contender. If he can't even be a contender doesn't have much chance in the deepest heavyweight division in the world does he? There's a whole bunch of heavys that will be coming over from SF. Where's Snob's place now?
And i will continue to call him Snob until the day Snob shuts his mouth and does his job in the ring instead of talking a great fight and delivering nothing but the same empty post you've just written.
You missed the point so I'm going to put it in a simple way that you can understand: Schaub isn't that great compared to the top pros, but he's shown than he can beat plenty of decent pros and is in now way as bad as you're making him seem. You're not someone to usually make these kind of retarded flame threads (again, Brendan Snob is ****ing juvenile) so I really can't figure out what your problem is with him. I'm not assuming that every heavy who is coming over from strikeforce is better than every guy that Schaub has already beaten, so I suspect he'll remain in the middle of the pack, losing to guys like Nelson and beating guys like Gonzaga and Gormley. People keep saying (I can't remember if you're one of them) who thinks that Struve would whip Schaub, but I think that'd be a decent fight and they're at about the same level.
Wilhelm is offline  Top
Old 03-24-2011, 03:47 AM   #22
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilhelm View Post
You missed the point so I'm going to put it in a simple way that you can understand: Schaub isn't that great compared to the top pros, but he's shown than he can beat plenty of decent pros and is in now way as bad as you're making him seem. You're not someone to usually make these kind of retarded flame threads (again, Brendan Snob is ****ing juvenile) so I really can't figure out what your problem is with him. I'm not assuming that every heavy who is coming over from strikeforce is better than every guy that Schaub has already beaten, so I suspect he'll remain in the middle of the pack, losing to guys like Nelson and beating guys like Gonzaga and Gormley. People keep saying (I can't remember if you're one of them) who thinks that Struve would whip Schaub, but I think that'd be a decent fight and they're at about the same level.
This is just a bunch of waffle mate. Its NOT a flame thread. I watched the fight and started a thread based on what i saw. Its really that simple. The reality is if Snob kept his mouth shut instead of running it so often he wouldn't attract sooo much criticism. Bit like Bisping and Evans hence why everyone roots against them.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 03-24-2011, 05:12 AM   #23
Big T
Contender
ESB Senior Member

This guy talks like he has done something and hasn't. If he wasn't on TUF then he wouldnt be on TV.
Big T is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum