Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2010, 10:58 AM   #31
Johnstown
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Johnstown PA
Posts: 2,850
vCash: 500
Default Re: Fantasy match up- Fedor Vs George Foreman

Ill give the edge to fedor but you guys underestimate Foreman
Johnstown is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2010, 11:16 AM   #32
combatesdeboxeo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: SPAIN(canary islands,tenerife)
Posts: 2,363
vCash: 500
Default Re: Fantasy match up- Fedor Vs George Foreman

the fan girls of mma obviously will pick fedor, but the facts are foreman might put fedor to sleep with a single punch
combatesdeboxeo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 04:30 PM   #33
MarcianoIsABum
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Fantasy match up- Fedor Vs George Foreman

Why do people keep saying Foreman weighed 217 in his prime because he weighed that for Frazier? Foreman turned pro weighing 230 at the age of 19 he lost that weight because his trainer was a idiot who made him do that.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 04:36 PM   #34
BewareofDawg
P4P Champ
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: At The ESB VIP Table!
Posts: 12,875
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Fantasy match up- Fedor Vs George Foreman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcianoIsABum View Post
Why do people keep saying Foreman weighed 217 in his prime because he weighed that for Frazier? Foreman turned pro weighing 230 at the age of 19 he lost that weight because his trainer was a idiot who made him do that.
So what is your point?
BewareofDawg is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 04:59 PM   #35
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: TX
Posts: 5,458
vCash: 553
Default Re: Fantasy match up- Fedor Vs George Foreman

Quote:
Originally Posted by combatesdeboxeo View Post
the fan girls of mma obviously will pick fedor, but the facts are foreman might put fedor to sleep with a single punch
Might.. And then what?

Dumb question.. Fedor would win in more ways than one.

Fedor takes him down, or slams, submission lock, fight over. In a fight, anyone can be put to sleep with a single shot. Foreman can't grapple, no great boxer could, with a C class Mixed Martial Artists.

People like to think Foreman, or any decent boxer, would walk through Fedor, but quite the opposite would happen. Foreman would have no idea what to do about punches/elbows in Fedor's clinch, or how to defend an elbow or spinning back fist.

Like I always say in these threads, boxers only know two things, how to defend and throw a punch, in a street scuffle, a equally skilled man in this sport (MMA) will always have his way unless he gets caught by a punch.
BobDigi5060 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 06:12 PM   #36
MarcianoIsABum
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Fantasy match up- Fedor Vs George Foreman

The point is Foreman is bigger than Fedor and would kick his ass in a street fight.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 09:01 AM   #37
Dave_JR
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 220
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Fantasy match up- Fedor Vs George Foreman

How about Lenny Mclean V Foreman?
Dave_JR is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 11:41 PM   #38
Sloth
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 840
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Fantasy match up- Fedor Vs George Foreman

Fedor by murder. Then destroys ali within 2 minutes. All before lunch of fried Tyson.
Sloth is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 11:43 PM   #39
Sloth
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 840
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Fantasy match up- Fedor Vs George Foreman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcianoIsABum View Post
The point is Foreman is bigger than Fedor and would kick his ass in a street fight.

No knowledge of fighting I see. Fedor kills him. Even in standup. God help George if it goes to the floor.
Sloth is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 11:51 PM   #40
Vitor Belfort
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 9,167
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Fantasy match up- Fedor Vs George Foreman

Street fight fedor beat the **** out of slow as foreman. Foreman is a big puncher but he'll be taken down via judo throw and then fedor via ground and pound on the ground.
Vitor Belfort is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 02:43 AM   #41
AnthonyJ74
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,525
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Fantasy match up- Fedor Vs George Foreman

Fedor would defecate himself at the sight of "Big" George Foreman's baleful, sinister gaze!!!!Foreman's intimidation factor would render Fedor effeminate.....
AnthonyJ74 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 03:35 AM   #42
Dave_j1985
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 564
vCash: 500
Default Re: Fantasy match up- Fedor Vs George Foreman

Whoever can impose their game first wins. If Foreman catches Fedor coming in, it can be all over. If the first good shot doesn't knock him out it certainly slows him down enough for Foreman to finish. If Fedor closes the gap and gets the clinch relatively unscaved, a well executed hip toss (remembering this is a street fight and not fought on mats) could stop George, if not Fedor probably finishes him with a choke. I doubt he goes for an arm bar in a street fight where there is no tapping, he puts George to sleep and ends the fight.

I think this is 50/50
Dave_j1985 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 08:10 AM   #43
196osh
Mendes Bros.
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 7,291
vCash: 277
Default Re: Fantasy match up- Fedor Vs George Foreman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_j1985 View Post
Whoever can impose their game first wins. If Foreman catches Fedor coming in, it can be all over. If the first good shot doesn't knock him out it certainly slows him down enough for Foreman to finish. If Fedor closes the gap and gets the clinch relatively unscaved, a well executed hip toss (remembering this is a street fight and not fought on mats) could stop George, if not Fedor probably finishes him with a choke. I doubt he goes for an arm bar in a street fight where there is no tapping, he puts George to sleep and ends the fight.

I think this is 50/50
So what you are saying is there is a 50% chance that Foreman lands a one punch KO?
196osh is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 09:45 AM   #44
Matt Ldn
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NSW via Leeds/London
Posts: 1,941
vCash: 1885
Default Re: Fantasy match up- Fedor Vs George Foreman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 196osh View Post
So what you are saying is there is a 50% chance that Foreman lands a one punch KO?
I think chances are lower but there is a good chance if not better that foremans first punch hurts fedor and he can finish him from there. However, good fedors striking may be it isnt even on the same level as Foremans and remember this isnt with gloves. Tbh foreman probably breaks his hand on fedors face
Matt Ldn is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 10:07 AM   #45
196osh
Mendes Bros.
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 7,291
vCash: 277
Default Re: Fantasy match up- Fedor Vs George Foreman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Ldn View Post
I think chances are lower but there is a good chance if not better that foremans first punch hurts fedor and he can finish him from there. However, good fedors striking may be it isnt even on the same level as Foremans and remember this isnt with gloves. Tbh foreman probably breaks his hand on fedors face
Yes however, a 50% chance essentially Foreman gets a 1 punch KO or hurts him with one punch and stops him after?

Fedor could take Foreman down when badly hurt. No problem.

Its a 99% chance Fedor would take Foreman down and turn his face into hamburger meat.
196osh is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013