Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2011, 01:46 AM   #1
ZombieProphet
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 913
vCash: 500
Default Titan Fighting Championships 17 Teh Vids

enjoy!

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
ZombieProphet is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2011, 04:22 AM   #2
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: By any means necessary
Posts: 17,818
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Titan Fighting Championships 17 Teh Vids

Top man! Cheers b!
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 08:00 AM   #3
J_Roth
VRWC Hybrid Beaner
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Being superior to you is only the start
Posts: 1,496
vCash: 2000
Default Re: Titan Fighting Championships 17 Teh Vids

Bobby looked like shit. If his opponent had any stand up he would have been tko'd again. Bobby looks good but his cardio is shite.
J_Roth is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 08:22 AM   #4
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: By any means necessary
Posts: 17,818
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Titan Fighting Championships 17 Teh Vids

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Roth View Post
Bobby looked like shit. If his opponent had any stand up he would have been tko'd again. Bobby looks good but his cardio is shite.
Are you surprised though? Bobby is an awesome physical specimen. But that's pretty much where it ends. He's only popular and critiqued so much because of his background in the WWE/Pro Wrestling. It just goes to show that not anyone can take this sport up just because they think they have some physical talent and size.
Bobbys problem is he's just sooo dam muscular. Big muscles like that need ALOT of oxygen. It's no wonder he struggles with his cardio as the fight goes on. I do think though the criticism he gets though is a tad harsh. As he is what he is. Just a big physical specimen. Any idea how much he weighed? As he looked to be in th 250's at least.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 08:28 AM   #5
J_Roth
VRWC Hybrid Beaner
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Being superior to you is only the start
Posts: 1,496
vCash: 2000
Default Re: Titan Fighting Championships 17 Teh Vids

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
Are you surprised though? Bobby is an awesome physical specimen. But that's pretty much where it ends. He's only popular and critiqued so much because of his background in the WWE/Pro Wrestling. It just goes to show that not anyone can take this sport up just because they think they have some physical talent and size.
Bobbys problem is he's just sooo dam muscular. Big muscles like that need ALOT of oxygen. It's no wonder he struggles with his cardio as the fight goes on. I do think though the criticism he gets though is a tad harsh. As he is what he is. Just a big physical specimen. Any idea how much he weighed? As he looked to be in th 250's at least.
He was 252. I honestly expected what I saw. TBH Bobby should be better IMHO. It looks like he doesn't even cares about BJJ or cardio. Those massive muscles require more oxygen than he can deliver I'm sure. I like the guy and hope he does well but I can't see him changing from a strength and wrestling based attack.
J_Roth is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 08:39 AM   #6
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: By any means necessary
Posts: 17,818
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Titan Fighting Championships 17 Teh Vids

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Roth View Post
He was 252. I honestly expected what I saw. TBH Bobby should be better IMHO. It looks like he doesn't even cares about BJJ or cardio. Those massive muscles require more oxygen than he can deliver I'm sure. I like the guy and hope he does well but I can't see him changing from a strength and wrestling based attack.
I would imagine he does train his BJJ and CV somewhat. But the reality is "gym" form is entirely different come fight time. Bobby is a relatively passive individual and personally i just don't think he's a natural fighter.
This is probably one of the reasons why his recent performances have been pretty poor. Take his GnP for example. All he had was right hand preceded by a take down. If this was 10 years ago that might have been successful for a while. The game's changed since then and the reality is physical talent will only take you so far. And im afraid even on that alone Bobby just doesn't measure up.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 10:39 AM   #7
J_Roth
VRWC Hybrid Beaner
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Being superior to you is only the start
Posts: 1,496
vCash: 2000
Default Re: Titan Fighting Championships 17 Teh Vids

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
I would imagine he does train his BJJ and CV somewhat. But the reality is "gym" form is entirely different come fight time. Bobby is a relatively passive individual and personally i just don't think he's a natural fighter.
This is probably one of the reasons why his recent performances have been pretty poor. Take his GnP for example. All he had was right hand preceded by a take down. If this was 10 years ago that might have been successful for a while. The game's changed since then and the reality is physical talent will only take you so far. And im afraid even on that alone Bobby just doesn't measure up.
Agreed. He's a stud athlete but that will only get you so far. The days of wrestling only will get you to the dance but won't win the event. Jesse Taylor comes to mind. Kid can wrestle his ass off but has zero bjj. Top shelf wrestlers have to cross over. Bobby will get sparked again soon I'm sure.
J_Roth is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 10:41 AM   #8
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: By any means necessary
Posts: 17,818
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Titan Fighting Championships 17 Teh Vids

If Bobby's struggling with small heavyweights and career middleweights 2 divisions lower than him he has some serious problems to overcome. I think Bobby is aware of this anyway. Personally i think he'll be back in pro wrestling for good before long.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 11:06 AM   #9
J_Roth
VRWC Hybrid Beaner
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Being superior to you is only the start
Posts: 1,496
vCash: 2000
Default Re: Titan Fighting Championships 17 Teh Vids

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
if bobby's struggling with small heavyweights and career middleweights 2 divisions lower than him he has some serious problems to overcome. I think bobby is aware of this anyway. Personally i think he'll be back in pro wrestling for good before long.
tna?
J_Roth is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 11:30 AM   #10
SouthpawSlayer
Im coming for you
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Gay St Pierre
Posts: 8,187
vCash: 75
Default Re: Titan Fighting Championships 17 Teh Vids

whats your fascination with lashley scurla
SouthpawSlayer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 12:16 PM   #11
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: By any means necessary
Posts: 17,818
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Titan Fighting Championships 17 Teh Vids

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthpawSlayer View Post
whats your fascination with lashley scurla
Im a Pro Wrestling fan man!

Bobby's my boy. Been watching him since OVW so il always bat for him as well as any pro wrestler.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 12:17 PM   #12
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: By any means necessary
Posts: 17,818
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Titan Fighting Championships 17 Teh Vids

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Roth View Post
tna?
Is he still with TNA? But yeah i guess that's a good option for him.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 12:24 PM   #13
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 18,266
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Titan Fighting Championships 17 Teh Vids

he has a decent amount of experience but he is still overmuscled, not pacing himself and not in good enough condition. he also needs to work on his striking.

he has potential but needs work.

like shogun, it don't matter if you are a ferrari, you ain't gonna beat a mini if you got no gas in the tank!
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 01:08 PM   #14
Rico Spadafora
Best Chin On ESB
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 17,343
vCash: 1158
Default Re: Titan Fighting Championships 17 Teh Vids

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Roth View Post
Bobby looked like shit. If his opponent had any stand up he would have been tko'd again. Bobby looks good but his cardio is shite.

He is awful. When will people realize these steroid freaks like him and Lesnar can't fight a lick? His fights are boring as hell also at least Lesnar's are semi-exciting.
Rico Spadafora is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 01:37 PM   #15
greathamza
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: sweden
Posts: 5,329
vCash: 117
Default Re: Titan Fighting Championships 17 Teh Vids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico Spadafora View Post
He is awful. When will people realize these steroid freaks like him and Lesnar can't fight a lick? His fights are boring as hell also at least Lesnar's are semi-exciting.
lesnar atleast came somewhere in life and that is he got into cains pillow hands
greathamza is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013