Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2011, 08:21 PM   #46
Money Shot
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 966
vCash: 500
Default Re: Video: Anderson Silva's First and Last Boxing Match

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobDigi5060 View Post
Anderson holds his own against a average kickboxer, he's a former Chute Boxe fighter and champion. You have seen his striking and finishes in MMA, get real, nobody average is going to tool Anderson Silva in kickboxing.

He would still today hold his hands too low in a boxing match to be effective, but so what.. Having Anderson Silva fight under boxing and kickboxing rules only gives his opponent a shot at winning. If that makes you boxing fans feel any better, keep making threads like this.

We all know Anderson Silva beats the crap outta any boxer, kickboxer, and MMA around his size in a combat sport most similar to a true scrap

yeah sure, put him in with Carl Froch, Bute or Dirrell, and KO1. You could train these guys in mma basics like takedown defense, pulling guard, head locks, basic submissions etc and in a month they'd be smashing up Silva.
Money Shot is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2011, 12:15 AM   #47
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: TX
Posts: 5,458
vCash: 553
Default Re: Video: Anderson Silva's First and Last Boxing Match

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money Shot View Post
yeah sure, put him in with Carl Froch, Bute or Dirrell, and KO1. You could train these guys in mma basics like takedown defense, pulling guard, head locks, basic submissions etc and in a month they'd be smashing up Silva.
Toney and Mercer had more than a month of training in MMA.. You see where they rank in the sport.

It's common in this section for boxing fans to come in and marginalize Mixed Martial Artist to pro boxing so they can feel better about themselves and shortly forget what a sad state boxing is right now, tired of this shit. Never noticed until after Toney got clowned by a Couture.. All you salty mother ****ers can kick rocks.. You boxing fans who post this crap are making yourselves and the sport you love look bad.
BobDigi5060 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 04:39 AM   #48
monaroCountry
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,399
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Video: Anderson Silva's First and Last Boxing Match

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobDigi5060 View Post
Toney and Mercer had more than a month of training in MMA.. You see where they rank in the sport.

It's common in this section for boxing fans to come in and marginalize Mixed Martial Artist to pro boxing so they can feel better about themselves and shortly forget what a sad state boxing is right now, tired of this shit. Never noticed until after Toney got clowned by a Couture.. All you salty mother ****ers can kick rocks.. You boxing fans who post this crap are making yourselves and the sport you love look bad.

sad state of boxing? maybe in America. America has slowly been overtaken by the new breed of hungry boxers from all around the world. Boxing has evolved and American boxing hasnt.

There are allot of top boxers in Eastern Europe who is starting to claw their way in MMA. Too bad the American biased MMA media focus only on the Ameican MMA landscape.

Boxing is alive and well, hell even the asian's are really getting into boxing. Imagine if Manny had an open air boxing match in the Philippines, the guy would get millions of spectators. Millions upon millions of TV viewers watches Manny fight as well.
monaroCountry is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 04:54 AM   #49
monaroCountry
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,399
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Video: Anderson Silva's First and Last Boxing Match

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobDigi5060 View Post
Anderson holds his own against a average kickboxer, he's a former Chute Boxe fighter and champion. You have seen his striking and finishes in MMA, get real, nobody average is going to tool Anderson Silva in kickboxing.

He would still today hold his hands too low in a boxing match to be effective, but so what.. Having Anderson Silva fight under boxing and kickboxing rules only gives his opponent a shot at winning. If that makes you boxing fans feel any better, keep making threads like this.

We all know Anderson Silva beats the crap outta any boxer, kickboxer, and MMA around his size in a combat sport most similar to a true scrap

Anderson's kickboxing is nowhere near top level, he simply looks good against average American kickboxers.

Educate yourself, this is how top level kickboxers look like when they are fighting.BORKED

and this is how an average kickboxer fights against an even worse opponent.
BORKED
monaroCountry is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 06:05 AM   #50
Will Cooling
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,589
vCash: 500
Default Re: Video: Anderson Silva's First and Last Boxing Match

Quote:
Originally Posted by monaroCountry View Post
sad state of boxing? maybe in America. America has slowly been overtaken by the new breed of hungry boxers from all around the world. Boxing has evolved and American boxing hasnt.

There are allot of top boxers in Eastern Europe who is starting to claw their way in MMA. Too bad the American biased MMA media focus only on the Ameican MMA landscape.

Boxing is alive and well, hell even the asian's are really getting into boxing. Imagine if Manny had an open air boxing match in the Philippines, the guy would get millions of spectators. Millions upon millions of TV viewers watches Manny fight as well.
Why doesn't Manny do that then? Why are the careers of amost all those great Eastern European boxers controlled by the likes of Sauerland or Universum? Oh that's right because the best fighters fight in America or Germany because that's where the money is.
Will Cooling is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 08:41 AM   #51
Flexb
GQ Smooth
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 4,744
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Video: Anderson Silva's First and Last Boxing Match

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogun Assassin View Post
Hopkins couldn't put Roy away last year and you think Silva would? In boxing standards Silva has pillows for hands.
Flexb is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 09:07 AM   #52
Shogun Assassin
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,382
vCash: 75
Default Re: Video: Anderson Silva's First and Last Boxing Match

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexb View Post
Hopkins couldn't put Roy away last year and you think Silva would? In boxing standards Silva has pillows for hands.
I said no such thing.
Shogun Assassin is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 11:09 AM   #53
Money Shot
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 966
vCash: 500
Default Re: Video: Anderson Silva's First and Last Boxing Match

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobDigi5060 View Post
Toney and Mercer had more than a month of training in MMA.. You see where they rank in the sport.

It's common in this section for boxing fans to come in and marginalize Mixed Martial Artist to pro boxing so they can feel better about themselves and shortly forget what a sad state boxing is right now, tired of this shit. Never noticed until after Toney got clowned by a Couture.. All you salty mother ****ers can kick rocks.. You boxing fans who post this crap are making yourselves and the sport you love look bad.

Toney is a fat old joke and Mercer not much better, they did no mma training at all. still, Ray smashed up Sylvia.
Money Shot is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 01:32 PM   #54
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: TX
Posts: 5,458
vCash: 553
Default Re: Video: Anderson Silva's First and Last Boxing Match

Quote:
Originally Posted by monaroCountry View Post
Meh an average boxer would tool Anderson, a proper kickboxer would also tool Anderson. The think is that Anderson hasnt faced a top level boxer or kickboxer.
Going back to you're original post, what's the signifigance of a dedicated kickboxer or pro boxer beating Anderson Silva under their rules? Why do you come in here and say crap that like to hate on Silva?

So he hasn't faced a top level boxer or kickboxer.. . Do you think MMA fans and historians give a shit? The man today hasn't boxed or kickboxed professionally or years, he's a Mixed Martial Artist.

You can watch all the youtube videos you want and call yourself educated, but you speak ignorance.

I mean, that's cool if you can dissect his game and find his weakpoints, but saying he would get beat in a boxing or kickboxing match like it means something is weak.
BobDigi5060 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 04:07 PM   #55
greathamza
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: sweden
Posts: 5,329
vCash: 117
Default Re: Video: Anderson Silva's First and Last Boxing Match

Quote:
Originally Posted by monaroCountry View Post
Anderson's kickboxing is nowhere near top level, he simply looks good against average American kickboxers.

Educate yourself, this is how top level kickboxers look like when they are fighting.BORKED

and this is how an average kickboxer fights against an even worse opponent.
BORKED
anderson silva isnt a kickboxer/boxer but you cant say he is rly bad when he is it isnt his sport. if you want a good kickboxer look up badr hari and enjoy but anderson silva is a thaiboxer at heart but that is not to take away that he has a black belt in BJJ, judo and taekwando
greathamza is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 05:20 AM   #56
monaroCountry
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,399
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Video: Anderson Silva's First and Last Boxing Match

Quote:
Originally Posted by greathamza View Post
anderson silva isnt a kickboxer/boxer but you cant say he is rly bad when he is it isnt his sport. if you want a good kickboxer look up badr hari and enjoy but anderson silva is a thaiboxer at heart but that is not to take away that he has a black belt in BJJ, judo and taekwando

Or Overeem or Gegard. Like ive said, Anderson Silva's boxing and kickboxing prowess is overrated, hes only good because he hasnt fought anyone else thats top level at those sports.
monaroCountry is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:14 AM   #57
thejokerswild
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,696
vCash: 75
Default Re: Video: Anderson Silva's First and Last Boxing Match

This is semi unrelated but MMA fans who want to compare boxing.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9jEFK33blI[/ame]

For your viewing pleasure.
thejokerswild is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 11:45 AM   #58
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: TX
Posts: 5,458
vCash: 553
Default Re: Video: Anderson Silva's First and Last Boxing Match

^^Thanks for the vid, but boxing fans on ESB are the ones comparing the two sports on a regular basis.
BobDigi5060 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 01:46 PM   #59
RSBonos
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,004
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Video: Anderson Silva's First and Last Boxing Match

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobDigi5060 View Post
^^Thanks for the vid, but boxing fans on ESB are the ones comparing the two sports on a regular basis.
Quote:
We all know Anderson Silva beats the crap outta any boxer, kickboxer, and MMA around his size in a combat sport most similar to a true scrap
zzzzzzz
RSBonos is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 02:21 PM   #60
SouthpawSlayer
Im coming for you
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Gay St Pierre
Posts: 8,187
vCash: 75
Default Re: Video: Anderson Silva's First and Last Boxing Match

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobDigi5060 View Post
^^Thanks for the vid, but boxing fans on ESB are the ones comparing the two sports on a regular basis.

they are trolls and your feedin em
SouthpawSlayer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013