Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 03-31-2011, 01:31 PM   #16
One Punch KO
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Anything for Fedor ?

Fedor has lost the fire. These days he just shrugs, says "God's will be done" and goes in throwing bombs.

His physical decline is overstated. He's still fast, still hits like a truck, still has a great chin. The skills haven't been forgotten, he's just lost his desire and his motivation.

He's fighting for the money now, and his M-1 Global pals are very keen that he does.
One Punch KO is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2011, 02:19 PM   #17
Axe
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewinfella View Post
Thats hypothetical bearing in mind the style of HW's that are competing in the sport today , Fedor in his hey day would of not had an easy night against todays Velasquez in a cage .....................
Who is Velasquez? I don't think even the Mexicans know. He has one win against a fraudulent roid-monkey who is scared to get hit. That's it.

Fedor is a legend, proven against top competition for many years.

Fedor in his prime has an easy night's work with Cain, in a ring, cage, or in Cain's own house.
Axe is offline  Top
Old 03-31-2011, 04:03 PM   #18
Primenal
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe View Post
Who is Velasquez? I don't think even the Mexicans know. He has one win against a fraudulent roid-monkey who is scared to get hit. That's it.

Fedor in his prime has an easy night's work with Cain, in a ring, cage, or in Cain's own house.
THank God sombody replied to that guy. I have no problems with Cain..He looks like a great promising fighter, but until he dominates for 10 years...Everybody in his path (no matter how big, tall, fast, strong, or if there: Tecnically superior, way better on the ground, way better at standup kind of opponents).
Think about all the different people Fedor has beaten, and a lot when they were in there primes. Think about the different sizes, styles, situations this man has faced. The fights he should have lost, but won.
Styles make fights, and MMA it definitely does. GSP has lost, Anderson Silva got dominated by Sonnen to pull it out in the end, etc. and these great fighters lose for good reasons...They got so many styles to compete with.
This is the reason Fedor was the best.
Primenal is offline  Top
Old 03-31-2011, 04:20 PM   #19
greathamza
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 117

Quote:
Thats hypothetical bearing in mind the style of HW's that are competing in the sport today , Fedor in his hey day would of not had an easy night against todays Velasquez in a cage .....................
Prime fedor would make beef jerky out of cain.
Fedor has a great chin, good power in his hands, second to non grappling.
remember he dominated MMA HWs for 10 whole years
greathamza is offline  Top
Old 03-31-2011, 06:03 PM   #20
kel
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe View Post

Problem is Fedor's prime was probably 5yrs ago when the sport was still emerging, it would be a different story if he came around in another 15yrs....... The sport is still in it's infancy so to speak, I'll give it another 5-10yrs before we really start seeing a new form of athlete...... Jon Jones is the starting point but when you start getting mainstream athletes taking the sport up at a young age than look out.

I look back at the Don Frye's and Ken Shamrocks of 20yrs ago and shake my head. They were pub fighters at best, in fact Ken had no stand up skill at all, in a pub a decent athlete would KO him before he even tried to take it to the ground.
kel is offline  Top
Old 03-31-2011, 07:30 PM   #21
kelics
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
And just what gives you that idea ??
Because i cant see him loosing twice against the same guy, its just not fedor. I just read in fedors website that the rematch with bigfoot is being considered , This is the fight everyone in the world should be looking forward to! Well after klitschko vs haye obviously
kelics is offline  Top
Old 03-31-2011, 08:11 PM   #22
Ne5ville14
Rationalist by default...
ESB Addict

and Werdum/Fedor II first and foremost !

He can retire after avenging his losses
Ne5ville14 is offline  Top
Old 03-31-2011, 09:54 PM   #23
ozziebattler
Shadow Boxer
ESB Addict

Nah dont worry about him avenging his loses how about he takes the ultimate challenge and gets in the cage with Overeem...

Overeem with brutally beat the shit out of the last emperor and then we can all discuss on here how in his prime fedor wouldnt lose to any1 blah blah blah..

When only 6months go he was still considered absolutely unstoppable..Man what a slip...

As some1 stated the game has changed..Fighters are becoming more well rounded and continuely change and evolve..Fedor has and will always be fedor.. A master at what he does...But sometimes the skillset that once worked before doesnt work now..

All in all i just want to see fedor vs Overeem..I havent a clue why it hasnt happened in the first place..
ozziebattler is offline  Top
Old 03-31-2011, 10:31 PM   #24
rekcutnevets
Black Sash
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozziebattler View Post
Nah dont worry about him avenging his loses how about he takes the ultimate challenge and gets in the cage with Overeem...

Overeem with brutally beat the shit out of the last emperor and then we can all discuss on here how in his prime fedor wouldnt lose to any1 blah blah blah..

When only 6months go he was still considered absolutely unstoppable..Man what a slip...

As some1 stated the game has changed..Fighters are becoming more well rounded and continuely change and evolve..Fedor has and will always be fedor.. A master at what he does...But sometimes the skillset that once worked before doesnt work now..

All in all i just want to see fedor vs Overeem..I havent a clue why it hasnt happened in the first place..
For the last couple of months, I've been making an argument. I have been saying that Fedor has not evolved much over the last few years. I've been saying that Fedor has the same holes in his game now, as he had 5 years ago. The main difference is Fedor is not a young man anymore.

The game hasn't just passed Fedor by. Fedor has not adapted his style to fit his age. Fedor has always had technical shortcomings. Fedor had previously found a way to use his athletic gifts to overcome those shortcomings.
rekcutnevets is offline  Top
Old 03-31-2011, 10:44 PM   #25
ozziebattler
Shadow Boxer
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekcutnevets View Post
For the last couple of months, I've been making an argument. I have been saying that Fedor has not evolved much over the last few years. I've been saying that Fedor has the same holes in his game now, as he had 5 years ago. The main difference is Fedor is not a young man anymore.

The game hasn't just passed Fedor by. Fedor has not adapted his style to fit his age. Fedor has always had technical shortcomings. Fedor had previously found a way to use his athletic gifts to overcome those shortcomings.
Totally agree..

Im a massive Overeem nuthugger but he is a perfect example of the evolving fighter of today..

He went from a world class but by no means the best light heavyweight and with constant improving of not just skillset but strength and conditioning and strategies has turned into my eyes MMA premier striker and top 5 p4p fighter..

Where Fedor has stayed fedor..Same training methods, same routine and exactly same fighting style/gameplan...
Old 03-31-2011, 10:58 PM   #26
Primate
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
He went from a world class but by no means the best light heavyweight and with constant improving of not just skillset but strength and conditioning and strategies has turned into my eyes MMA premier striker and top 5 p4p fighter..
Remind me, who has Overeem beaten since he moved to heavyweight?
Primate is offline  Top
Old 04-01-2011, 12:15 PM   #27
ozziebattler
Shadow Boxer
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primate View Post
Remind me, who has Overeem beaten since he moved to heavyweight?

I dont need to remind you as you more then likely gathered your info from wikipedia already..

Just tell me who you believe is BETTER then the current DREAM,STRIKEFORCE and K1 WORD GP CHAMPION..

Im willing to listen...
Old 04-01-2011, 12:23 PM   #28
Will Cooling
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
I dont need to remind you as you more then likely gathered your info from wikipedia already..

Just tell me who you believe is BETTER then the current DREAM,STRIKEFORCE and K1 WORD GP CHAMPION..

Im willing to listen...
Anybody who's beaten a top 10 heavyweight has done more than Overeem to prove their a contender in the division

K-1 is a different sport

He's made one defence of his Strikeforce Title in four years

He's the interim Dream champ and only had to beat a Todd Duffee who had taken the fight on short notice. Duffee its worth remembering had been cut from the UFC after losing to Russow.

Not saying Overeem doesn't have the potential to be great but he's not proven yet.
Will Cooling is offline  Top
Old 04-01-2011, 12:24 PM   #29
Will Cooling
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Oh and in answer to your question Velasquez and Dos Santos. Carwin or Brock as well if they could tweak their game / Overeem's takedown defense is lacking
Will Cooling is offline  Top
Old 04-01-2011, 02:15 PM   #30
kelics
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Lets put it this way, do you think fedor should retire if he loses for the 3 time in a row?
kelics is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum